43. Carter Michael - Brisbane A - 188cm 74kg
44. Zavier Maher - Murray - 185cm 82kg
45. Lachlan Carrigan - Sandringham - 191cm 78kg
46. Max Heath - Sandringham - 203cm 94kg
47. Maurice Rioli Jnr - NT - 173cm 73kg
48. Harry Sharp - GWV - 183cm 69kg
49. Jake Bowey - Sandringham - 175cm 67kg
50. Clayton Gay - Dandenong - 184cm 78kg

a couple of state league players i think might get drafted, Tom Highmore and Jackson Ramsay(not going to speculate where they might go).

others outside of the top 50 include, Seamus Mitchell, Luke Pedlar, Henry Walsh, Kalin Lane, Liam McMahon, Sam Collins, Josh Green, Campbell Edwardes, Jackson Cardillo, Jack Avery, James Borlase, Lochlan Jenkins, Max Holmes, Connor Stone.

Last edited:
potential number 1 picks imo:

Will Phillips - Oakleigh - imo he is in the box seat to go top 2 in the draft, for me he is slightly ahead of J U-H atm as a midfielder who could slot into a team quickly and isnt linked to another team

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Oakleigh - linked to the Dogs, he looked good as a 16 yr old at GWV, but it was his break out year last season that has him skyrocket into number 1 contention, the Dogs will be wrapped with the kids development, the best performing tall forw prospect

Nathan O'Driscoll - Perth - very impressed with his Carnival performance and did well in the futures game, has that C. Oliver, Tom Green build and style of play, probably a top 5-10 prospect, but if form improves could be a chance for number 1 pick

Reef McInness - Oakleigh - linked to Collingwood, was very impressive last year in a variety of roles, inside mid, then outside mid and then had a run as a medium forw, playing well in all roles and looking like a real talent and a smokey for number 1

Tanner Bruhn - Geelong - has been injured for 2019, but seeing his form on his return, just watching him move on the field and the way he plays makes you realise he has some serious talent, obviously need to see more examples to solidify a read, but if he can replicate the form i think he is capable of could be in pick 1 contention

Elijah Hollands - Murray - strong marking forward who can also push into the midfield, was very impressive in the carnival and all season for Murray as one of their best in 2019, was BOG in the futures game, but unfortunately got injured for 2020, might float out to mid first round, but was in contention for pick 1 if his 2020 form was good

other people have R. Thilthorpe higher, which i cant justify as yet having only seen him in the futures game and i dont like rating rucks too high unless warranted, L. Edwards is another who could be a top 5 contender after his top quality 2019 carnival, D. Grainger-Baras also showed some quality and could be a high pick in 2020, J. Callow also is a chance to go high based on his flexibility and impressive marking, with him i need to see more performances to be sure.

as always i might be missing a couple of SA and WA talent as i have seen limited vision of them.

potential number 1 picks imo:

Will Phillips - Oakleigh - imo he is in the box seat to go top 2 in the draft, for me he is slightly ahead of J U-H atm as a midfielder who could slot into a team quickly and isnt linked to another team

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Oakleigh - linked to the Dogs, he looked good as a 16 yr old at GWV, but it was his break out year last season that has him skyrocket into number 1 contention, the Dogs will be wrapped with the kids development, the best performing tall forw prospect

Nathan O'Driscoll - Perth - very impressed with his Carnival performance and did well in the futures game, has that C. Oliver, Tom Green build and style of play, probably a top 5-10 prospect, but if form improves could be a chance for number 1 pick

Reef McInness - Oakleigh - linked to Collingwood, was very impressive last year in a variety of roles, inside mid, then outside mid and then had a run as a medium forw, playing well in all roles and looking like a real talent and a smokey for number 1

Tanner Bruhn - Geelong - has been injured for 2019, but seeing his form on his return, just watching him move on the field and the way he plays makes you realise he has some serious talent, obviously need to see more examples to solidify a read, but if he can replicate the form i think he is capable of could be in pick 1 contention

Elijah Hollands - Murray - strong marking forward who can also push into the midfield, was very impressive in the carnival and all season for Murray as one of their best in 2019, was BOG in the futures game, but unfortunately got injured for 2020, might float out to mid first round, but was in contention for pick 1 if his 2020 form was good

other people have R. Thilthorpe higher, which i cant justify as yet having only seen him in the futures game and i dont like rating rucks too high unless warranted, L. Edwards is another who could be a top 5 contender after his top quality 2019 carnival, D. Grainger-Baras also showed some quality and could be a high pick in 2020, J. Callow also is a chance to go high based on his flexibility and impressive marking, with him i need to see more performances to be sure.

as always i might be missing a couple of SA and WA talent as i have seen limited vision of them.
Thilthorpe is more of a fwd than ruck, a more talented josh jenkins. Played really in the seniors for west Adelaide last year, there’s a few highlights packages on YouTube.

Last edited:
Thilthorpe is more of a fwd than ruck, a more talented josh jenkins. Played really in the seniors for west Adelaide last year, there a few highlights packages on YouTube.
agreed, thilthorpe will play as a fwd, and probably ruck in the fwd 50. having said that, if he can drastically improve his endurance he has the ability to get the ball around the ground like the way grundy does as a ruck, so he may one day be a ruck fwd.

obviously it is pretty good, at under 18 level. i doubt very much that he could keep up with a grundy type at afl level, i know that you know, that an endurance level at 18 is not sufficient enough
Obviously he won’t be able to keep up with someone like Grundy at 18 but at 22-23 definitely. Harry Jones was said to have nick riewoldt like endurance ability and had some of the best gps numbers for a tall ever seen, will he be being doing that in his first couple of seasons, obviously not.

awesome effort, be interested to see if he has kept it up in this last 1 year and a half since then. I do have him at 4 on my list for those thinking i dont rate him, i very much do. i merely am suggesting he wouldnt have the endurance to run with grundy in an AFL match yet, that is all.
Most kids, even top age kids, don’t when they enter the AFL.

Your Sam Walsh’s are an exception.

It was interesting to see how other people rated the talent in the Phantom Draft we completed recently, some interesting tidbits of information came from it.

* i think Luke Edwards might drop a few places, even though he was impressive as a half back in the national carnival, maybe the position and role he plays isnt top 5 worthy? so maybe his value drops to around 10th or so....

* Riley Thilthorpe im willing to raise to around 10th, he would need to be athletic and flexible which he didnt seem to be to be higher from my PoV, basically i need to see more games to see if he has the flexibility of movement to be top 10.

* Errol Gulden is severely under rated, but i can understand the worries over his height at 173cm, but his talent is that of Caleb Daniels ect, so height might be a slight hindrance, but he is highly skilled imo, i think he is first round worthy, but might drop to 2nd round which would be a good result for Sydney.

* i saw some footage of Zane Trew and he seems a very composed mid, at first look seems like he might be around 10-25 range at the draft, this one is still a work in progress for me as i need to see more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting to see how other people rated the talent in the Phantom Draft we completed recently, some interesting tidbits of information came from it.

* i think Luke Edwards might drop a few places, even though he was impressive as a half back in the national carnival, maybe the position and role he plays isnt top 5 worthy? so maybe his value drops to around 10th or so....

* Riley Thilthorpe im willing to raise to around 10th, he would need to be athletic and flexible which he didnt seem to be to be higher from my PoV, basically i need to see more games to see if he has the flexibility of movement to be top 10.

* Errol Gulden is severely under rated, but i can understand the worries over his height at 173cm, but his talent is that of Caleb Daniels ect, so height might be a slight hindrance, but he is highly skilled imo, i think he is first round worthy, but might drop to 2nd round which would be a good result for Sydney.

* i saw some footage of Zane Trew and he seems a very composed mid, at first look seems like he might be around 10-25 range at the draft, this one is still a work in progress for me as i need to see more.
I don’t know where the notion that Errol gulden is underrated is coming from. Yes being the 2nd best kid in the Sydney academy pushes him back a bit, but he’ll still most likely get bid on top 25. If he was open draft his range is still 15-25 in my opinion.

I don’t know where the notion that Errol gulden is underrated is coming from. Yes being the 2nd best kid in the Sydney academy pushes him back a bit, but he’ll still most likely get bid on top 25. If he was open draft his range is still 15-25 in my opinion.
Not in a lot of BF posters top 20's/25's, late bid in the phantom thing we did would contribute to it

Thilthorpe is athletic. He’s not Max and Ben King athletic, probably the next rung down. But he can run and jump, and pick the loose ball up off the ground while running.

saw a bit more of Kaine Baldwin recently and he reminds me of Jack Riewoldt in the way he plays (lets hope his knee injury wasnt too serious), there are some good tall prospects in the draft this year.

Riley Thilthorpe seems to have really good endurance and also seems to be agile enough to think he could play tall forward OR ruck at a good level, he doesnt stand out like a Luke Jackson yet, so i dont think he will be top 5, but i could see him pushing into my top 10, it depends on how he deals with the pressures of the carnival later in the year.

Last edited:
ill have a crack at the top 30, a few players have changed ranking because of the position they play or their height issues ect

im also assuming Hollands, Bruhn and Baldwin will get the all clear from the medicos and be good to go for season 2021 if not 2020...

Alex Davies should be pre-listed by GCS, so i wont put him in this list as i expect he wont be a part of draft day

1. Will Phillips - VM
2. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - VC
3. Elijah Hollands - VC
4. Kaine Baldwin - SA
5. Nathan O'Driscoll - WA
6. Denver Grainger-Barras - WA
7. Reef McInnes - VM
8. Archie Perkins - VM
9. Riley Thilthorpe - SA
10. Luke Edwards - SA
11. Tanner Bruhn - VC
12. Eddie Ford - VM
13. Jack Ginnivan - VC
14. Braeden Campbell - Allies
15. Zane Trew - WA
16. Jackson Callow - Allies
17. Oliver Henry - VC
18. Errol Gulden - Allies
19. Oliver Davis - Allies
20. Connor Downie - VM
21. Bailey Laurie - VM
22. Jack Carroll - WA
23. Sam Collins - Allies
24. Finlay Macrae - VM
25. Charlie Lazzaro - VC
26. Sam Berry - VC
27. Nikolas Cox - VM
28. Blake Coleman - Allies
29. Taj Schofield - SA
30. Logan McDonald - WA

including Alex Davies in the best 31 imo, they are divided into these groups (VM - 8, VC -7, SA - 4, WA - 5, Allies - 7) this will potentially change after i see the champs and more WA and SA talent are identified, my WA and SA vision has been limited so far.

Last edited:
I don't understand excluding Davies or others in his position - this isn't a phantom draft and it's still worth knowing how good he is.

i have been impressed with him since early last year in the northern academy series, then he got some fans playing well in the futures game, tall and solidly built midfielder with good skills, i think he was the runner for the Allies in the trial games, didnt play for the Allies in 2019, i think his futures performance boosted his profile and he would be somewhere between 10-30 imo from last years performances.

Last edited:
I don't understand excluding Davies or others in his position - this isn't a phantom draft and it's still worth knowing how good he is.
Personally I just don't see the point in watching games to rank him when I know he'll go to the SUNS. If I'm watching a game and he's there it's nice to see how he compares to those I know the ranking of in the game, but those others are the ones that I actually want a better understanding of

Personally I just don't see the point in watching games to rank him when I know he'll go to the SUNS. If I'm watching a game and he's there it's nice to see how he compares to those I know the ranking of in the game, but those others are the ones that I actually want a better understanding of
The same could be said for Ugle-Hagan really though, even if there's a vanishingly-small chance they don't match a bid, no?

The same could be said for Ugle-Hagan really though, even if there's a vanishingly-small chance they don't match a bid, no?
Sure you can look at it that way I guess, but Ugle-Hagan still effects the actual draft, regardless of if Dogs are 100% matching, Davies being my number 1 or number 50 doesn't because he'll get listed to GCS outside of the draft.

Sure you can look at it that way I guess, but Ugle-Hagan still effects the actual draft, regardless of if Dogs are 100% matching, Davies being my number 1 or number 50 doesn't because he'll get listed to GCS outside of the draft.
Yeah I get that - but I guess my position is that the exercise isn't predicting the draft as such right now, it's assessing the prospects, and given none of us are actually making the picks there's as much value in knowing how good GC-tied players are as in any other.

Its a bit late, but i read an article in The Age Newspaper a week ago, that said the AFL was working on a return of the VFL standalones and 3 aligned clubs i think its an 8 team comp?, but without AFL players, the other piece of the news that concerns this thread is the soon to be, return of the u18 competitions some time later in the year and a carnival to be played in October, also a combine in October I believe it said, so October will be busy for the u18 talent.

I'm hoping for around 10 rounds of footy before finals? Im not sure when all of the details will be figured out?, but im excited to get more vision of the talent on offer in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back