43. Carter Michael - Brisbane A - 188cm 74kg
44. Zavier Maher - Murray - 185cm 82kg
45. Lachlan Carrigan - Sandringham - 191cm 78kg
46. Max Heath - Sandringham - 203cm 94kg
47. Maurice Rioli Jnr - NT - 173cm 73kg
48. Harry Sharp - GWV - 183cm 69kg
49. Jake Bowey - Sandringham - 175cm 67kg
50. Clayton Gay - Dandenong - 184cm 78kg

a couple of state league players i think might get drafted, Tom Highmore and Jackson Ramsay(not going to speculate where they might go).

others outside of the top 50 include, Seamus Mitchell, Luke Pedlar, Henry Walsh, Kalin Lane, Liam McMahon, Sam Collins, Josh Green, Campbell Edwardes, Jackson Cardillo, Jack Avery, James Borlase, Lochlan Jenkins, Max Holmes, Connor Stone.

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
im rewatching Gippsland V Western Semi Final from 2019

so far Reid got the ball while he was clear on a wing, chip kicks the ball under no pressure and the ball bounces in front of his team mate, but he collects it, so i guess an effective kick, although hitting the target would be better, he also won a couple of clean hit outs, but none to a team mate, played as ruck backup to Comben, Comben so much more impressive imo

2nd quarter took a good mark 30m on an angle(double grab as he floated across the pack), kicked from 40m, out of bounds on the full, pressured a runner out of defense as a tall forw, competed in the ruck a couple of times

i still dont see a first round pick...

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
i obviously disagree with this point of view

Cox has shown good form for both Northern and Vic Metro, he is a tall flanker but so was Hipwood and the McKay brothers in their draft years, they still play that style of footy in the AFL with a bit of KPP play intermingled in their play, so that at least has precedent.

Callow is a good leading forward, good hands in the air and when the ball hits the ground, strong so less development(you get what you see), but has a good build and can kick bags of goals as well as play the high leading forward role.

Reid is a slow tall defender who doesnt stand out in games and gets beaten too often, his pros are that he is ruckman height so if he doesnt work out as a slow defender then he can ruck and has decent use of the footy for a big man.
Reid is a elite kick, with great football iq. Probably the best kick for a big man you’ll find, also a great mark. At 202cm and with a decent vertical jump, he’ll be massive issue for opposition once he fills out.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Reid is a elite kick, with great football iq. Probably the best kick for a big man you’ll find, also a great mark. At 202cm and with a decent vertical jump, he’ll be massive issue for opposition once he fills out.
It’s also projection, its always tougher to gauge key position talent because of the development differences. Someone like Mitchell Lewis was never going to go high based on his output at the time.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Can I ask how you are grading his kicking as elite? Is it the old eye test or is it stats based? Highlights or attending games?

(not having a crack, just keen to know because it is a pretty key ingredient)

Harlequin Dream

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Luke Parks the ex-sydney academy kid who I liked the look of last year and was stiff, has had a good year at Glenlg, i wonder if he is a chance to get drafted as a 19 year old medium defender?

Equal 1st in contested marks for the SANFL tells you a lot.

While I have been impressed with his aerial skills, I have been disappointed with his composure and skills too frequently.

In saying that, I think players who are as talented as he is overhead should be drafted.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Equal 1st in contested marks for the SANFL tells you a lot.

While I have been impressed with his aerial skills, I have been disappointed with his composure and skills too frequently.

In saying that, I think players who are as talented as he is overhead should be drafted.
I see a bit of Ben Stratton in him, will never get the media attention or love from fans that the more exciting players get, but plays an important role of negating a forward, his marking is quite good, if he can be efficient out of the backline can be a good no thrills pick up imo.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i could be wrong, but i get the feeling someone is trying to hide Tom Powell, was named to play for Sturts' senior team then the day before gets recalled to u18s, i think he pulled out of the combine which is suspicious?, went missing not injured for a couple weeks? (might have been school footy? idk?) either its all a coincidence OR im wrong OR maybe someone's trying to hide him away? just spit balling ideas...

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
i could be wrong, but i get the feeling someone is trying to hide Tom Powell, was named to play for Sturts' senior team then the day before gets recalled to u18s, i think he pulled out of the combine which is suspicious?, went missing not injured for a couple weeks? (might have been school footy? idk?) either its all a coincidence OR im wrong OR maybe someone's trying to hide him away? just spit balling ideas...
I think him playing for Sturt u18s has more to do with them being on top of the ladder and he’s their best player, while the seniors weren’t in the finals conversation.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Its been an interesting year, with only the inter-staters getting to play football and push their claims to be drafted

some players pushed up the rankings and these players were the big improvers

Logan McDonald - everyone had this guy as a player to recruit, some had him mid first round and others had him 2nd round based on average performances in his underage year, but his early season performance and great season in the WAFL had everyone quickly identifying that 2019 wasnt a true indication of his talent and that he was likely to go top 5 and in the conversation for pick 1

Tom Powell - very much a bolter as i had not heard of him prior to this season, came out of the blocks to absolutely dominate the SANFL u18s averaging high 30's in disposal and around 9 clearances a game and playing a quick, agile style of footy in midfield as an accumulating attacking midfielder, could be anything.

Lachlan Jones - he is a very talented half back who has the build to play midfield similarly to Luke Ryan(Freo) or Will Gould(Syd) competitive in the air and good disposal, i have him a little behind others, but very talented player, i think his role isnt worth investing top 10 pick for as a low disposal defensive half back, but he is high quality for his position.

Heath Chapman - very interesting prospect, can play a role as a tall defender as he is good in the air and with intercepting marks, but its what he does after he marks that makes him a talented prsopect, his run and dash for a big man after intercepting is a unique ability that could see him go higher than everyone thinks, i have him going later than others, but he could also go top 10 if a club loves what he can bring to a team

Brayden Cook - has the physical build of Jordan De Goey, but the accuracy of Patrick Dangerfield, i wouldnt be surprised if i looked up his stats to find he has more points and out on the full over goals, but is a strong bodied mid/forw who is very excitable, i think he is a Lesser De Goey type, so i have him going a bit later than others in the 30's i would need to see more of him to see if he is worth a first round pick.

Zac Dumesny - good player in general and had a good season for south adelaide, i thought he was mid draft potential last season and he has improved a little from his efforts this year, but still around mid draft if i had to guess at where i think he will go in the draft.

Jack Carroll - i already had Carroll going around late first round last year, but it seems he went from not being talked about by anyone which i mentioned in the phantom draft we had earlier in the year to everyone having him go there, so he mustve won some others over with his games in 2020

Kaine Baldwin - is this years Georgiades, should be in the conversation with JUH and McDonald, but it seems everyone has forgotten he exists, so weird imo (not an improver, but thought it was important to mention him)

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
J.Treacy, any word on, & at what range, he may be picked up.

I have no word on whether a player will be recruited, I just watch the prospects play and independently judge their talent, I think he is a chance to go late draft or rookie, he lacks athleticism or consistency to be a guarantee to be recruited I feel and this years draft pool is deep with Tall talent, he played in the futures game so has some interest, he needed to impress more at the end of last season and the futures game, so I think he is in that area of 50/50 whether he gets interest from a club imo.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
SA Futures Game Half Time Report. (u16s)

The Best Players imo

14 yellow - Brayden Calvett - 177cm 69kg: very quick and skillful player, the best so far from my Pov
19 blue - James Willis - 180cm 73kg: similarly very quick, brave and skillful mid with a touch of flair
35 blue - Fraser Bone - 196cm 73kg: quick athletic and clever tall skinny ruckman
49 blue - Harry McInnes - 190cm 85kg: best Key Position Forward in this group, kicked 2 goals in first half so far
33 blue - Luca Whitelum - 188cm 79kg: clever gangly forw, kicked a goal
60 yellow - Declan Hortle - 192cm 90kg: Big Bodied Ruck/Forw who has been reeking havoc in the forward line with 2 goals and gave away another

then theres been a few others show some potential from my PoV

18 yellow - Bailey Gal - 178cm 74kg - defender
6 yellow - Tyson Walls - 170cm 66kg - forward
24 yellow - Talon Copely - 181cm 73kg - def/mid
50 yellow - Adam Heath - 192cm 85kg - KPF/ruck (with his dyed blonde mullet)
21 blue - Dylan White - 183cm 71kg - defender

Last edited:

Harlequin Dream

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
SA Futures Game Half Time Report.

The Best Players imo

Brayden Calvett: very quick and skillful player, the best so far from my Pov
James Willis: similarly very quick, brave and skillful mid with a touch of flair
Fraser Bone: quick athletic and clever tall skinny ruckman
Harry McInnes: best Key Position Forward in this group, kicked 2 goals in first half so far
Luca Whitelum: clever gangly forw, kicked a goal
Declan Hortle: Big Bodied Ruck who has been reeking havoc in the forward line with 2 goals and gave away another

then theres been a few others show some potential from my PoV

Bailey Gal
Tyson Walls
Talon Copely
Adam Heath - with his dyed blonde mullet
Dylan White
Isaac Keeler looks like he has massive potential too.

Though Magor has been good too.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
That’s usually the case for the under 16s. Both of them will be high picks in 2022.

Kobe Ryan and Adam D’Aloia are also fine but aren’t being given much time on the ground.
Will Verrall not getting a lot of game time either.

Isaac Birt is the one that's really caught my eye, absolute running machine.

high quality game.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Will Verrall not getting a lot of game time either.

Isaac Birt is the one that's really caught my eye, absolute running machine.
Birt has been a main stay on the wing for South Adelaide all year, might lack some tricks but plays a bit like Gaff. I’m mostly keen on the talls so far with players like Oscar Adams and Adam Heath impressing me.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Full Time (Yellow 60-52 Blue) SA U16s

Players i liked how they performed in the game and i think have a chance to be drafted

14 yellow - Brayden Calvett - 177cm 69kg: very quick and skillful player, penetrating kick
19 blue - James Willis - 180cm 73kg: similarly very quick, brave and skillful mid with a touch of flair
35 blue - Fraser Bone - 196cm 73kg: quick athletic and clever tall skinny ruckman
49 blue - Harry McInnes - 190cm 85kg: best Key Position Forward in this group, kicked 3 goals and a poster from 40m on boundary
33 blue - Luca Whitelum - 188cm 79kg: clever gangly forw, kicked 2 goals and pushed up the ground doing a lot of high forw work
60 yellow - Declan Hortle - 192cm 90kg: Big Bodied Ruck/Forw who has been reeking havoc in the forward line with 2 goals and gave away another

18 yellow - Bailey Gal - 178cm 74kg - defender, good outside game and goes in when its his time to go
24 yellow - Talon Copely - 181cm 73kg - def/mid, just a tough fighter of a def
50 yellow - Adam Heath - 192cm 85kg - KPF/ruck/KPD played all roles pretty well (with his dyed blonde mullet)
21 blue - Dylan White - 183cm 71kg - defender, great kick on him
27 blue - Shay Linke - 188cm 75kg - played a bit mid, has a Will Day look to how he plays
11 blue - Isaac Birt - 180cm 67kg - very immature body, but good outside runner
16 yellow - Hugh Jackson - 181cm 70kg - played well on half forward with good spread

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
SA All Sars Game HT (Yellow 14-57 Red)

too bad so many are missing in this game

33 red - Caleb Poulter - has been the best on the ground so far in mid finding a lot of space
13 yellow - Brodie Lake - playing as forward and mid, kicked 2 goals with tough midfield work
34 red - Tom Emmett - kicked 3 goals in a team dominating field position
21 red - Riley Holder - kicked 2 goals in the first quarter, with a quieter 2nd quarter
9 yellow - Tom Powell - strong 1st quarter with a quieter 2nd quarter for yellow
20 red - Zac Dumesny - mr reliable, playing wing in this game, with some nice i50 deliveries

a few others who have done decently so far

24 yellow - Nathan Hearing
8 red - Henry Nelligan
16 red - Mani Liddy
13 red - Wanganeen
15 red - Max Clifton
16 yellow - Luke Edwards
4 red - Jase Burgoyne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back