Draft Expert Davo-27's 2022 u18 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wce dont need an outside player
Go watch one of his games, then form an opinion.

He plays wing a lot (because his pace is a weapon on the outside), but when he does go into the CBD he wins clearances.

As eDPS mentioned, he had a game where he had 9 clearances. He's also had a game where he won 18 contested possessions.

He's going to be a decent sized mid too.

It’s hard not to see him as an outside mid when he has played a lot of time on the wing but some people just need to dig a little deeper to see what he can do. You don’t see many outside mids getting 42 disposals and 9 clearances in one game.
They're often really damaging clearances too. He has really good timing, and meets the ball at high speed. Not many blind hacks.

i thought i would do an early top 30 for 2023

1. Harley Reid - Bend
2. Jed Walter - GCS A
3. Daniel Curtin - Clare
4. Nate Caddy - North
5. Nick Watson - East
6. Jack Delean - Sth Adel
7. Koltyn Tholstrup - Subi
8. Zane Duursma - Gipps
9. Nathan Philactides - Oak
10. Ashton Moir - Glenlg
11. Archer Reid - Gipps
12. Koen Sanchez - Est Frem
13. Sam Frangalas - Dand
14. Riley Hardeman - Swan Dist
15. Jake Rogers - GCS A
16. Archie Roberts - Sand
17. Luamon Lual - GWV
18. Oliver Badr - Oak
19. George Stevens - GWV
20. Cooper Simpson - Dand
21. Mitch Edwards - Peel
22. Alex Holt - Sturt
23. Xavier Walsh - Est Perth
24. Colby McKercher - Tas
25. Caleb Windsor - East
26. Will McCabe - Cent Dist
27. Will Patton - Wst Adel
28. Rhyley Sanders - Sand/Tas
29. Cam Nyko - East
30. Ethan Read - GCS A

PS. have not seen enough of Riak Andrew and Darcy Wilson to make a call yet, but they are considered good players in this draft as well.

i wanted to add these players to the list

Logan Morris - Western Jets (med forw) marking, goal sense and x-factor
Coby James - Murray Bushrangers (sml def) speed and composure
Riley Witherill - Eastern Ranges (KPF/Med forw) good mark and positioning
Iliro Smit - Oakleigh Chargers (Ruck/KPF) athletic big man with some speed
Riak Andrew - need to see more of
Ben Ridgeway - SA - stocky short midfielder who plays with intensity
Luca Slade - SA - outside mid

Last edited:
I can guarantee if I'm wrong it's because I've missed a behind or two, nailed all the goal getters 🤗
just watched a replay of the game to see a bit more from the players for 2023, Riley Witherill kicked 2 goals 2 behinds

Really?!?

Like seriously. really!!!
well when i was right and he was wrong is it wrong for me to question him?

You thought that? I know I saw one 🥳
you missed a goal and thought it was a behind, but then filled my thread and another with nonsense, try to keep it factual.

heres the replay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just watched a replay of the game to see a bit more from the players for 2023, Riley Witherill kicked 2 goals 2 behinds

you missed a goal and thought it was a behind, but then filled my thread and another with nonsense, try to keep it factual.

heres the replay

Rent free, but I'll cop that

heres the replay

How far back do I have to look to know what I was talking about?

I’ll eat my Hat if Harry Sheezel isn’t elite. He is a player in the mould of dusty degoey Toby Greene. He is the match winner of this lot. Wardlaw and Ashcroft are bank able mids at AFL especially Ashcroft. Wardlaw needs to build a better tank or will be found out.
Top Tier group looks great. I’d just like to see more of munkara.
AFL qualities group I also think it’s pretty talented. Not the finished product obviously but I think if they put in the work if drafted I believe this draft will be looked back on in a very positive light.
2 years without football has made this group hungry in my opinion.
Agree.. Sheezel has the most star factor in this draft

Ridiculous comments in my opinion. How many times have you spoken to Lemmey? Watched him train? Know him well?

Questioning a 17 year olds character because you've watched him play a few games is peak armchair expert. It's clear he's struggled at times this year, down on form and has struggled with continuity. So I don't care where anyone rates him based off performances. But saying he lacks bravery, determination and needs a mindset change? You must have inner sanctum access.
There is no way I’d take him in the 2nd round even … I think he’s being generous

Watching him play I think his comments are fair , you can be a good kid but not competitive enough to play AFL footy … he’s not sleighting his character just describing his football

Fair enough he’s had setbacks , the season isn’t over so he’s got time to change minds including mine , but more importantly people that matter

a few more of the 2023 draft pool i need to see more of

Lachlan Charleson (GWV)
Kade De La Rue (Dand)
Arie Schoenmaker (Tas)
Kade Mueller (Cald)
Kynan Brown (Oak)

update ranking groups:

Elite: (2) Ashcroft, Wardlaw
Top Tier1: (4) Sheezel, Clark, Tsatas, Cadman
Top Tier2: (15)Keeler, Busslinger, MacKenzie, Phillipou, Hewett, Jefferson, Szybkowski, Ginbey, George, Munkara, Hollands, McCallum, Hayes, D'Aloia, Fletcher
AFL Standard1: (19)Hagan, Hotton, Teal, Hustwaite, Humphrey, Konstanty, Barnett, Northam, Drury, Al Davey Jnr, Brain, Verrell, Scully, Lemmey, K.Ryan, Penny, Weddle, Jones, Leary
AFL Standard2: (26)Cowan, Gillbee, Clarke, Dowling, Burgiel, Bond, Walker, Rowston, J.Davey, Long, O'Sullivan, J.Ryan, O'Keefe, Vickery, MacNeill, Michael, Binns, T.Clohesy, M.Clohesy, Lovelock, Gilbey, Schuback, Michaelanny, Hempel, Broadbent, Campbell.

i wanted to add these players to the list

Logan Morris - Western Jets (med forw) marking, goal sense and x-factor
Coby James - Murray Bushrangers (sml def) speed and composure
Riley Witherill - Eastern Ranges (KPF/Med forw) good mark and positioning
Iliro Smit - Oakleigh Chargers (Ruck/KPF) athletic big man with some speed
Riak Andrew - need to see more of
Ben Ridgeway - SA - stocky short midfielder who plays with intensity
Luca Slade - SA - outside mid
How far is Malik Gordon off your 2023 list, has some pretty exciting attributes i.e. size and explosiveness whether playing forward or midfield.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back