Draft Expert Davo-27's 2023 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Claremont will be playing Dan Curtain as a key forward this season.
Will that effect where he is drafted ?
If anything it will bolster his draft capital. He's probably the number 2 prospect this season, but from the Hawks PoV if we got pick 2 I don't know whether we'd be able to stomach another medium-tall CHB. Playing (well) as a forward makes him a suitable pick on both needs and talent, versatility can only make a club more likely to select him.

While there's still a whole season to play and affect where he stacks up against the other draftees if the draft was today I'd imagine he'd go number 2. Playing forward only makes that more likely.

They played him a bit there last year, he is a genuine Utility and could very much be an Aaron Naughton type.

Curtin is a gun. A lot of posters talk about Caddy being the best tall fwd but imo Curtin is a fairway ahead of him at this stage. And now he’s playing fwd just bolsters his draft position to get selected very early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your persistent MarcLocksCrustySock
To clarify further, yes Curtin probably is but, what i meant was Curtin is the best gettable tall fwd. Walter is not gettable to any club other than GC.

Not sure i agree with that, especially with reports of Caddy reaching 195cm.

Curtin may be the best KPP in the draft, not sure he's the best key forward.

Doesn't mean i don't rate Caddy. Just my opinion on what I've seen. Both players can be confident that they will be on an AFL list by the end of draft night 1.

That's great news if he is 195cm, that was 1 thing that people would have doubts on him going so high, so if he can show his high flying marks and have a good season it will help his draft stocks.

Looking at the Northern Knights' U18's boys' squad a fortnight back, a name that stood out was Kristian Ferronato.

I remember coming across his name in 2017 on TAC Cup Future Stars.

Wonder if he's a wait and see or a possible project player.

Also, where do you see Christian Mardini and Western Jets' Alex Tsia?

Looking at the Northern Knights' U18's boys' squad a fortnight back, a name that stood out was Kristian Ferronato.

I remember coming across his name in 2017 on TAC Cup Future Stars.

Wonder if he's a wait and see or a possible project player.

Also, where do you see Christian Mardini and Western Jets' Alex Tsia?
Christian Mardini and Alex Tsia have been in rep teams, but I believe both got injured, I've seen more of Tsia and I'm not sure on him, he didn't really stand out from my PoV in the games I saw him play, Mardini is a KPP I believe but got injured before I could see what he had to offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back