Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
after skipping last years draft pool, i had some time so i thought id go over my thoughts on the draft pool this year...

Top 3 talent

Cameron Rayner - this kid has the same physique and moves as Dustin Martin, he gets a heap of the ball, is tough, can kick a goal, basically you're recruiting a mini-Martin with this kid
Luke Davies-Uniacke - tall mid, can play inside mid, but give him space and he can hurt you with his disposal in space, should go early in the draft
Nicholas Coffield - really good midfielder, hard working, uses the ball well, tallish mid which is in vogue atm

1st Rounders

Noah Bolta - KPP great rebounding tall defender, good mark and uses the ball well, takes the game on
Jack Higgins - blue collar mid, tough, uses the ball well, footballer more-so than athelete
Darcy Fogarty - KPP good physical attributes, good mark, poor Carnival, but should go 1st rd
Adam Cerra - tall mid, good disposal, can get out of trouble, tough
Jarrod Brander - good mark, hard worker, disposal is average
Aaron Naughton - blue collar defender, works hard, disposal is average
Callum Coleman-Jones - ruck/forw, nice mark, good handball, flexible
Oscar Clavarino - KPP highly regarded
Jaidyn Stephenson - hard running mid, winger/flanker, disposal is average
Lochie O'Brien - left footer, solid midfielder
Joel Garner - good 1 on 1 ability, bustling energetic mid
Branden Starcevich - similar to his dad, good tackler, uses ball well, hard at it
Zac Bailey - tough, good tackler, speedy, ok skills
Jack Powell - solid mid, strong, ok disposal, another Heeney/Mills type?
Lachlan Fogarty - speedy, hard working mid, good 1 on 1 ability

2nd Rounders

Paddy Dow
Connor Ballenden
Brayden Crossley
James Worpel
Patrick Naish
Ethan Penrith
Jack Petruccelle
Charlie Constable
Hunter Clark
Nathan Kreuger
Gryan Miers
Charlie Spargo

this is my top 30 atm, i will fill it out more... in the coming months

Last edited:
Thanks Davo, good concise write up, just one question.

Most of our draft gurus on the Lions board and quite a few of the BF phantom drafters have Paddy Dow going in the top 1-5.

I'm interested in a more detailed assessment of him particularly what you see as his weaknesses.

after skipping last years draft pool, i had some time so i thought id go over my thoughts on the draft pool this year...

Top 3 talent

Cameron Rayner - this kid has the same physique and moves as Dustin Martin, he gets a heap of the ball, is tough, can kick a goal, basically you're recruiting a mini-Martin with this kid
Luke Davies-Uniacke - tall mid, can play inside mid, but give him space and he can hurt you with his disposal in space, should go early in the draft
Nicholas Coffield - really good midfielder, hard working, uses the ball well, tallish mid which is in vogue atm

1st Rounders

Noah Bolta - KPP great rebounding tall defender, good mark and uses the ball well, takes the game on
Jack Higgins - blue collar mid, tough, uses the ball well, footballer more-so than athelete
Darcy Fogarty - KPP good physical attributes, good mark, poor Carnival, but should go 1st rd
Adam Cerra - tall mid, good disposal, can get out of trouble, tough
Jarrod Brander - good mark, hard worker, disposal is average
Aaron Naughton - blue collar defender, works hard, disposal is average
Callum Coleman-Jones - ruck/forw, nice mark, good handball, flexible
Oscar Clavarino - KPP highly regarded
Jaidyn Stephenson - hard running mid, winger/flanker, disposal is average
Lochie O'Brien - left footer, solid midfielder
Joel Garner - good 1 on 1 ability, bustling energetic mid
Branden Starcevich - similar to his dad, good tackler, uses ball well, hard at it
Zac Bailey - tough, good tackler, speedy, ok skills
Jack Powell - solid mid, strong, ok disposal, another Heeney/Mills type?
Lachlan Fogarty - speedy, hard working mid, good 1 on 1 ability

2nd Rounders

Paddy Dow
Connor Ballenden
Brayden Crossley
James Worpel
Patrick Naish
Ethan Penrith
Jack Petruccelle
Charlie Constable
Hunter Clark
Nathan Kreuger
Gryan Miers
Charlie Spargo

this is my top 30 atm, i will fill it out more... in the coming months
Paddy Dow, Charlie Constable 2nd Round??
Can't see Hunter Clark getting through to the 2nd round either personally.

Thanks Davo, good concise write up, just one question.

Most of our draft gurus on the Lions board and quite a few of the BF phantom drafters have Paddy Dow going in the top 1-5.

I'm interested in a more detailed assessment of him particularly what you see as his weaknesses.

i like Paddy Dows intensity and willingness to win the hard ball, reminds me of a Tom Mitchell or Will Langford but taller, the weakness is he can do hospital handballs and no-look kicks a lot as he is under pressure, this is a weakness Tom Mitchell has overcome, but not Will Langford, it just makes me cautious of putting him in the 1st rd imo, if it was up to me early 2nd rd, thats my reasoning

i do like Dows speedy and intensity and sometimes in some games he plays really good footy, so i can see why some have him going top 10, i just like him as 15-20

Davo,

Who would you look at in keepers league wise?? Maybe top 15 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back