Universal Love Davros Exterminated

Remove this Banner Ad

Or you can do what I did when I hit rock bottom, which was to rest on my laurels for a while before moving in crabbed sideways motion.

For some reason I had a vision of our ball movement whilst reading your post :huh:

For some reason I had a vision of our ball movement whilst reading your post :huh:

I think we have found our replacement for Burns.

We persevered with Davoren through those hellish two-three years of hamstring outbreaks, and mispelling of his name. Then we heard (on here, cant remember who or when) that the players thought highly of him. Then we have a review of the football department and pfft, he is let go.

There was a bit in between - we had a medical review a few years ago of all our soft tissue injuries and as a result of that we let go our club doctor, got in Bradshaw, let go our strength coach (Girvan) and brought in a biomechanics person (Cassidy-McNamara)

Davoren survived that.

I wish him the best for his future.

+1

But who is his replacement? Celebrating his departure may be premature until we know who or what is next. High performance managers dont grow on trees. I sincerely hope there's a goodun out there somewhere, ...

I guess there's one of two options ...

(1) Moving Davoren on was so desirable (change needed, competence, whatever) that the club just did it and be damned by the consequences.

(2) The club have a better person lined up

... and that he is not a mate of Eddie's.:)

images

Surely that was your mandatory voluntary contribution (tm) to the club coffers?

Or we could provide you vouchers for our Exclusive Club Partners such as Viagogo.

Actually we signed you up for an investment product with LaTrobe financial. Side by side and all, your bank account, our bank account, a true supporter.

Unfortunately your leveraged CFD account is now in deficit, so we may need to repossess your lungs. Or you could work off your debt to the club...

So, apropos of nothing, what experience do you have as a high performance manager?
Gave you a like as you seem to know what a CFD account is (& your good humour)

I don't see the point of dancing on the grave of a bloke who has just lost his job? o_O

Fitness director would have to be a pretty thankless role ... it's one of those that people outside only notice when things go wrong.

Thanks for your service Davoren, hope you find something better.

Meanwhile at Collingwood we move on ...
Because he should never have been in the job in the first place.
iAVhmh.gif
I liked both these posts.
Talk about sitting on the fence.

THANK ****, anyone who doesn't agree with me do a google search of his background before footy, absolutely ******* stupid.

What gets me is he had a spate of Hammies and soft tissue injuries when at the saints they sacked him he went toi dogs and had the same issues they sacked him then we thought he's magically not do the same thing at a 3rd club???

And look what happened we had a huge spate of soft tissue injuries...and he got extended...

What gets me is he had a spate of Hammies and soft tissue injuries when at the saints they sacked him he went toi dogs and had the same issues they sacked him then we thought he's magically not do the same thing at a 3rd club???

And look what happened we had a huge spate of soft tissue injuries...and he got extended...

Pies clearly were on the back foot and surprised that the old fitness coach left, stinks of just getting a good bloke who had an AFL background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies clearly were on the back foot and surprised that the old fitness coach left, stinks of just getting a good bloke who had an AFL background.

David Buttifant?

He and Mick were a matched set. Probably shouldn't have come as any surprise to anyone that he up and went to Carlton at the soonest opportunity.

Was Director of Football in 2014, Davoren's first year...

Yep easy selection, ohhhhh I know this bloke is free and has a footy background.

David Buttifant?

He and Mick were a matched set. Probably shouldn't have come as any surprise to anyone that he up and went to Carlton at the soonest opportunity.

Lol it's Collingwood.

Lol it's Collingwood.
There was word that Buttifant would move to Carlton with Mick for a good 12 months before it happened. No way the club didn't know it was going to happen.

There was word that Buttifant would move to Carlton with Mick for a good 12 months before it happened. No way the club didn't know it was going to happen.
SOmetimes I think that the club operates in one of those Maxwell Smartesque cones of silence. Everything gets out but nothing gets in

Most on here were surprised Davoren remained this year, makes you wonder what's changed from the club's perspective over the past 12 months.

I think too many Collingwood players being pushed of the footy. I think our fitness is as good as any club but there are obviously flaws in the program. Weird thing is that it isn't universal, Pendles for instance I don't think I've ever seen look bigger. So that means it's about individual programs and he's missed the mark with quite a few.

Has he actually left the club yet or does he remain till the end of his contract which I assume is October. Seems most think he's been sacked but my reading is that he just hasn't had his contract renewed and remains tied to the club till his contract expires.

It does make you wonder how he even survived this long. One point from my perspective is that the initial period for his replacement will be tough because he'll need to "undo" the work of Davoran and generate a new program. I fear 2018 will be a case of one step back to move two steps forward...

I'm not a fitness buff or overly knowledgeable on this type of thing but I would have thought the opposite. Overall the squad appears well set for the endurance stuff which I would assume to be the toughest aspect to redress if there were issues. We all saw the soft tissue issues we had when they last upped the loadings. Adding strength should by comparison be a relatively simple addition to existing programs. Happy for those that know to clarify.

not sure of the numbers but have our soft tissue injuries decreased this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back