Game Day DAY 1 LIVE - 2018 NAB AFL Draft - Round 1, Thursday 22/11 12PM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it a bad trade?

Realistically Carlton finish with pick 4-5. (Add in docherty, mcgovern, setterfield plus natural improvement of a young list).

Adelaide finish with pick 8-12.

So a 4-8 pick downgrade for Stocker who won the morrish medal and fits a need?

Nuffies gonna nuff.

That’s how I think and hope it will pan out, or better yet we finish above the Crows.

We could also just as easily finish last again and the Crows are capable of finishing top 4. I don’t think we are ready for that risk yet. SOS always had something up his sleeve, but even this surprised me.

Realistically Carlton finish with pick 4-5. (Add in docherty, mcgovern, setterfield plus natural improvement of a young list.

You could make just as strong an argument that Carlton finish bottom two. All the other bottom sides will also have the "natural improvement of a young list". Carlton were 6 wins short of the side who were fifth bottom, improving from 2 wins to 8 is not going to be easy.

Who knows what will happen, but it's a massive risk for a side who had one of the worst records of the AFL era.

Last 4 players to win Morrish Medal
Oliver
McLuggage
Higgins
STOCKER

Could be very shrewd trading by SOS
But haters gonna hate and flogs will be flogs
The 4 before that?
Alex Carr
Josh Scott
George Cameron
Jacob Chisari

Could be huge mistake. This is going to be one to watch!!

You could make just as strong an argument that Carlton finish bottom two. All the other bottom sides will also have the "natural improvement of a young list". Carlton were 6 wins short of the side who were fifth bottom, improving from 2 wins to 8 is not going to be easy.

Who knows what will happen, but it's a massive risk for a side who had one of the worst records of the AFL era.
Exactly could go both ways. It's a risk, but not as big as people are making it out to be. We still get to stay in the first round and realistically, we stay in the top 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly could go both ways. It's a risk, but not as big as people are making it out to be. We still get to stay in the first round and realistically, we stay in the top 12.
Why is that the realistic scenario?

Most likely Crows will finish around 6th-10th so realistically you’ve traded Pick 2-3 for 10 and 19. That’s a pretty s**t trade.
Since we obviously rated Stocker pretty highly we went out there and got him. Happy for the club to do that. And we may not even draft in the first round next year trying to get an a-grader through the door.

Some people cant fathom thinking ahead from now.

But you need people in all forms of life for the world to work.
Coz Carlton are done being s**t?

Carlton finish 15th? Who are they better than?

What a disaster trade that will be.

I could see us finishing above any number of GC, Brisbane, StKilda, WB, Fremantle, North and 1-2 unforeseen sliders who no one will see coming.

I’m not confident but there’s no reason why we can’t with our mature inclusions and natural progression. Love that the club is backing themselves anyway.

A realistic tip IMO is 14th-17th. Hopefully Adelaide don’t rise too far.

Cripps CCurnow Dow Walsh Fisher Setterfield Kennedy SPS O’Brien and Stocker can become a brilliant midfield nonetheless.

Lukocius,Rankine,Ben King

That's a crazy draft haul hopefully for GC sake they can keep them.

No chance Ben King stays . None

Love how Tigers get gifted absolute gun ......Hardwick & Balme couldn’t believe it.

What are some clubs thinking ...

Why is that the realistic scenario?
List wise, has Adelaide improved dramatically? I would say no.

The arguments for them going up the ladder rely on them bouncing back from a supposedly one off bad year.

But why and how? I guess know one knows for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back