• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I thought Sunday was bad. I think today was even worse. At least Sacha/Norrie and ADM/Rublev gave us some 5 set entertainment. Look dud days are not all bad. IF it ends up with epic games later....We are due a CC classic or 2.

Weather- 14-29c.
Should test the players and fans but won't be outright unbearable.

Rod Laver Arena
Day Session From 1:30pm
Kostyuk 🇺🇦 vs. Gauff [4] 🇺🇸
Djokovic [1] 🇷🇸 vs. Fritz [12] 🇺🇸

Night Session From 7pm
Krejcikova [9] 🇨🇿 vs. Sabalenka [2]
Sinner [4] 🇮🇹 vs. Rublev [5]
-------------

Mens Draw

Djokovic [1] 🇷🇸 vs. Fritz [12] 🇺🇸
Sinner [4] 🇮🇹 vs. Rublev [5]
-------------------------------------------
[9] Hurkacz 🇵🇱 vs. [3] Medvedev
[6] Zverev 🇩🇪 vs. [2] Alcaraz 🇪🇸

WOMENS

Kostyuk 🇺🇦 vs. Gauff [4] 🇺🇸
Krejcikova [9] 🇨🇿 vs. Sabalenka [2]
---------------------------------------
Noskova 🇨🇿 vs. [Q] Yastremska 🇺🇦
Kalinskaya [12] vs. Zheng 🇨🇳/Dodin 🇫🇷

Matt made a very good point regarding the schedule. Both Gauff and Fritz are in prime time in the US. Probably explains why Novak is on during the day. I am not a huge fan of 2 singles matches starting from 7:15. Too often, we are looking at midnight finishes.

Now the matches. Gauff(H2H (1-0) and Saba (H2H 6-1..ouch) in 2. They should be both too good for their opponents. I think it will be tight( 6-4 or thereabouts) but comfy if you get my drift.

Novak in 4 (H2H 8-0) err...Here me out....Fritz has won 2 sets and nearly won 3 years ago. And they played in New York last year and it was an easy win for Novak. But The heat might be a factor. Honestly, can't tip against Novak but this is my most likely upset, just to build some drama in the heat...(i tipped Fritz at the US and most times. One time I will be right)

Sinner in 3 (H2H 4-2) Rublev showed he was tired and Sinder is untested.

Last edited:
Sinner hasn't played at night and I'm hoping that he might get stage fright. Rublev won't be nervous and I'm sure he will have enough rest to recover as his last two matches were not that taxing. He should of beate. n Sinner on clay in their last meeting but blew a one set and break lead, he choked. I can't see that happening again if he has the lead. And who knows with Barbora. Part of me wants a three setter but I don't want the men hanging around all night. It has the potential of being a late night.

Tips

Gauff in 2, maybe 3 if Marta actually serves well big if)
Novak in 3 or 4, hopefully he doesn't mug around and just send Taylor back home

Kreijikova in 3 (hear me out but it's just a typical Babs type of win)
Sinner in 4 (Rublev is a fair dinkum choker as much as I want Rublev to win)

OTHER HALF

Medvedev and Carlos easily Zverev has played too much to then go with Carlos over 5, Hurkatz is embarrassing in a QF

Yastremska in 2, Noskova's time will come it's not this year, Yastremeska has been outstanding.
Kaliskaya in 3, this is the match of the day tomorrow easily, I'll go Skaya but i'm vervous if she doesn't serve well, confident she'll get chances on return

Tips from me

Gauff in 2
Djokovic in 3

Sablenka in 2
Sinner in 3

Looks like i'm expecting a boring day...

More than likely hoping Sabs or Gauff especially loses. Feel the men are obvious, they may drop a set each that's about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back