Grand Slam Day 15- Mens Final - Australian Open 2024

Wh will win their First Aussie Open Title

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a good one.

Never understood why Australians have never liked him.
He has had heated clashes with with guys like Kyrgios, Tsitsipas (who is popular here) and Zverev where there have been some borderline unsportsmanlike acts from all involved, I don't think it's that surprising at all that he is polarizing.

Mate not even a genie in a bottle could make De Minaur good enough to win a Grand Slam.
De Minaur is 1.83m v Sinner 1.88m.
But gee the difference in their game is huge.

De Minaur plays like a skinny little man for some reason.

Hewitt is 1.78 m while Ferrer is 1.75m yet Alex wants to mould his game on them. He needs a coach and a half. Completely change his game plan.

Craig Tiley lobbying for ‘lets’ to be removed from the game to encourage continuous play​

Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley is pushing for a dramatic change to the rules of the game, saying “it would be crazy not to”.

What a ****ing embarrassment this "man" is.
This would be a horrible idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Minaur is 1.83m v Sinner 1.88m.
But gee the difference in their game is huge.

De Minaur plays like a skinny little man for some reason.

Hewitt is 1.78 m while Ferrer is 1.75m yet Alex wants to mould his game on them. He needs a coach and a half. Completely change his game plan.
ADM is about 7kgs lighter than Sinner according to the ATP Tour website.
5cm might not be too much like but 7kg is huge when they are both very lean.

Craig Tiley lobbying for ‘lets’ to be removed from the game to encourage continuous play​

Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley is pushing for a dramatic change to the rules of the game, saying “it would be crazy not to”.

Hmmmm they do it in juniors and having watched some of the juniors, to be honest I don’t hate it.

I think the lets are the least of their problems.

Good article here that goes through all the reasons matches are much longer these days.

One major reason is that the players themselves take so much time between points (the shot clock has done nothing to improve this either).

They've messed with the game and actually made it worse, now they want to mess with it more to 'fix' the problems they created.

This idiot keeps sabotaging everything that makes the tournament great.

It isn't the bogans attending the finals, it's the people who are truly devastated that their tax cut is being reduced and given to the poors.

Perhaps there was a bit of extra venom due to the failed referendum which many folks now believe was a waste of a year of his PM, but every PM is booed at every sporting event. It's just what's done in Australia.

Perhaps there was a bit of extra venom due to the failed referendum which many folks now believe was a waste of a year of his PM, but every PM is booed at every sporting event. It's just what's done in Australia.

Booing the wrong person if they're annoyed at the failed referendum! 😅

What a game!

Poor Med blows a 2 set lead in The Oz Open final again. Good dude. Sinner showed so much fight, courage, determination and tenacity to come back from 2 sets down in the most important game of his life.

Hats off to Italy.

I think the lets are the least of their problems.

Good article here that goes through all the reasons matches are much longer these days.

One major reason is that the players themselves take so much time between points (the shot clock has done nothing to improve this either).

They've messed with the game and actually made it worse, now they want to mess with it more to 'fix' the problems they created.

There is an unwritten rule that you can go off court between sets. It happens so often now. The current game is very taxing. Some of the balls they were getting back were silly.

We probably need to reduce the serve timer again. I would love less tech in the racquets, or something to help volleys. It would be good to see some variety and some serve-volley players. Loved the Aussie Open when Misha Zverev beat Murray using serve and volley tactics. That would reduce rally length and the amount of time needed to rest.

I see no issue with abolishing the let rule.

As to the length of matches, can someone actually show some data or statistics as to the change in match duration over the years? It also has to take into account number of games and sets played in order to compare year on year.

I see no issue with abolishing the let rule.

As to the length of matches, can someone actually show some data or statistics as to the change in match duration over the years? It also has to take into account number of games and sets played in order to compare year on year.

Lots of stats in that article I posted.

Doesn’t he live in America/split time between the two?

Great comeback. The tennis was phenomenal for two sets by Danil but even more so in the last 3 sets by Jannik. Towards the end it was just so free

Cahill's domicile is Australia, although he spends months of the year overseas - I can remember during the COVID times he did three lots of quarantine returning to Australia after being overseas.

Back