• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Day one is done. We had several long Aussie 5-setters, some easy wins for the big favs and a massive scare for Rublev. And a huge crowd, which guarantees that Sunday is here to stay.

Weather 17-28C Low chance of some thunder. Rest of week is very similar.
RLA
Day Session From 12pm
Schmieds vs Coco Gauff [4]
Mateo Berrettini Bergs [LL] vs Stefanos Tsitsipas [7]

Night Session From 7pm
Alex de Minaur :australia: [10] vs Milos Raonic
Caroline Garcia [16] vs Naomi Osaka

MCA
Day session - From 12:00pm AEDT
Terence Atmane [Q] vs Daniil Medvedev [3]
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Donna Vekic [21]

Night Session From 7pm
Ons Jabeur [6] vs Yuliia Starodubtseva [Q]
Felix Auger-Aliassime [27] vs Dominic Thiem

John Cain Arena
Day session - From 11:00am AEDT
Dayana Yastremska [Q] vs Marketa Vondrousova [7]
Alexei Popyrin :australia: vs Marc Polmans [WC] :australia:
Magdalena Frech vs Daria Saville :australia: [WC]
Omar Jasika [Q] vs Hubert Hurkacz [9]

:australia: Aussies in Action. :australia:
First on KIA Arena
Storm Hunter [Q] :australia: : vs Sara Errani

First on 1573 Arena
Svitolina [19] vs Preston :australia: [WC]

Court 3 Afternoon
Vukic :australia: vs Thompson :australia:
Hijikata :australia:vs Struff [24]

Court 6 Midday
Ducky [WC] :australia: vs L. Van Assche

Okay, A lot of Aussies in action on day 2, including our number 1 seed. That should be an interesting match. I haven't watched Raonic since he returned so not sure of his level. Should be tough, due to his big serving. The demons form is as good as anyone on Tour atm so I think he should be fine. Interesting this is on RLA. No party twilight court for Alex it seems.

I wish FAA vs Thiem at their peak would have been a must-watch. Alas Both have struggled with form in the last 12 months, which is a damn shame. We lost a potentially great match when Matteo withdrew due to an injury

Match of the Day:
Caroline Garcia [16] vs Naomi Osaka

Garica can be unbeatable or very beatable, depending on the season. I can't think of a player with so many ups and downs over a long, long period of time. She seems to be on a down atm. This is Osaka's 2nd tournament since maternity leave. She is the type of player, like Serena, who could just turn up and win despite anything on a hard court. I think Osaka in 3 sets, which will be just like Garcia's career. 6-1, 3-6, 7-5.

Poll, Alex time

$$$$ for channel 9, they would be getting massive tv audience for the demon. The average punter wouldnt tune in to watch Osaka first
It is funny.

I think Nick used to start his Hisense Arena matches at about 5 or 6.

It is one of those things. I just hope Osaka is playing when people are still awake

$$$$ for channel 9, they would be getting massive tv audience for the demon. The average punter wouldnt tune in to watch Osaka first
Osaka is one of the most popular players on tour, no? FYI I don't disagree, more of the Australian public will watch the demon, but I think Osaka would get a decent viewership too.

Nervous about De Minaur's round 1 match up, Raonic may be old but he's a strong server and in reasonable form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No,

Errani is just that good. How she got inside the top 10 with a serve like that I will never know.

Clay that’s how. Plus an exceptionally weak time in WTA when she did

Vondrousova gone 6-1 6-2, by a qualifier

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s Yastremska very talented girl who has gone through some stuff with the Ukraine thing. Not as big a shock as you think especially on a hard court. Yastremska is sort of like how Maddison Keys plays

That’s Yastremska very talented girl who has gone through some stuff with the Ukraine thing. Not as big a shock as you think especially on a hard court. Yastremska is sort of like how Maddison Keys plays

Yeah, the name rings a bell now...Just surprised with the scoreline.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back