• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Day 2. The demon seemed to have lost his match until he made a huge comeback from 1 set down to outlast Raonic. Well, according to the Day 2 thread anyway ;)

Some shocking results for the Russian Seeds. Kudermetova, Alexandrova, Samsonova, Potapova are all out, while Rublev was pushed all the way and Medvedev dropped a set. We also said goodbye to Wimbledon winner Vondrousova, which is the upset of the tournament so far. Not so much in the actual result, but in the scoreline itself.

Weather: Hot, Windy, 19-30. Could test the players. small chance of thunder.

Rod Laver Arena
Day Session From 12pm
Swiatek [1] vs Kenin
Rune [8] vs Nishioka

Night Session From 7pm
Rybakina [3] vs Pliskova
Gasquet vs Alcaraz [2]

Margaret Court Arena

From
Day session - From 12:00pm
Ramos-Vinolas vs Ruud [11]
Giorgi vs Azarenka [18]

Night Session From 7pm
Zverev [6] vs Koepfer
Marino vs Pegula [5]

John Cain Arena
From 11am
Stephens vs Gadecki [WC] :australia:
Dimitrov [13] vs Fucsovics

Not before 4pm
Ofner vs Kokkinakis :australia:
Not Before 7pm
Martic vs Tomljanovic :australia:

Aussies in Action
KIA Arena
Purcell :australia: v Valkusz [Q}
Court 3
Macabe [WC] :australia: vs Michelsen
Ostapenko [11] vs Birrell [WC]:australia:

Round 1 Stiill!!!. seems like it goes on forever. We get to see the Alcaraz in Australia for the first time since 2022(excluding exos). He should have no issues with Gasquet. Probably be under 2 hours TBH. Kokkinakis is on the party court, probably starting around 5pm. Ch.9 and TA will be hoping for a deep run to get that sweet Gen Z demographic but the Kokk would have to play a lot better than what he has shown recently. Look out for Grigor v Fucsovics. Fucsovics always seems to get good results at the slam level, while Grigor won Brisbane, which is the best form guide for Melbourne Park. Still, something in me just can't seem to trust Grigor, despite everything. I want to be a believer.

Womens side, it is the story of 2 matches between 3 grand slam champions(and a twice runner up). Kenin has been very iffy this summer, while Iga has been Iga and has been selling more bagels and breadsticks than most bakeries. I will be interested to see if Gadecki can give Stephens a test. I also kinda want to watch Ostapenko vs Birrell, just to see the crowd, and then how The Penko will...deal with them in her unique way.

Match of the day
Rybakina [3] vs Pliskova
Rybakina was so good in Brisbane, winning the tournament and smashing players in the process. Pliskova hasn't been the worst, beating Osaka and losing a close one the Penko in Brisbane. It is unfair for both players for this to be a first-round but seeing as Rybakina hasn't dropped a set in 3 matches v Pliskova, it will probably be a "big serving" 6-4, 6-3 win for the Kazakh.

Poll. Women's champion. The big 4. Personally going for Rybakina.

Love the write up Bobbi. I'm going for Rybakina as well. She looks fit and healthy. She has also worked on a couple of things. I didn't mind her crashing out in the semis in Adelaide as she had done enough in terms of matches and working on her game.

No thanks. I take 15 days....but an extra one. Nope, nope nope.

No thanks. I take 15 days....but an extra one. Nope, nope nope.
It's inevitable. The huge crowd success on the sunday means that a Saturday start is more than likely. Imagine crowd numbers with 3 full weekends.

Is it such a bad thing? I don't think it is. Spread round 1 and 2 over 6 days with a large number of matches making it possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's inevitable. The huge crowd success on the sunday means that a Saturday start is more than likely. Imagine crowd numbers with 3 full weekends.

Is it such a bad thing? I don't think it is. Spread round 1 and 2 over 6 days with a large number of matches making it possible.

They should increase the tournament player numbers, restack the opening days.

It's not the same if you don't have matches finishing at 4am.

Although this new scandal of allowing fans to move around in between games instead of the original change over period is juicy.

They should increase the tournament player numbers, restack the opening days.

It's not the same if you don't have matches finishing at 4am.

Although this new scandal of allowing fans to move around in between games instead of the original change over period is juicy.
Honestly you'd hope all matches are done by around midnight. It's not necessary to have matches finishing past that time.

The new rule allowing movement after games is being blown out of proportion by the media and a few players. The players will adapt quickly to the change. It's a great move for fans.

Honestly you'd hope all matches are done by around midnight. It's not necessary to have matches finishing past that time.

The new rule allowing movement after games is being blown out of proportion by the media and a few players. The players will adapt quickly to the change. It's a great move for fans.

Can concur.

Fantastic not having to wait 3 games when you leave your seat to get a drink.

Applaud this change.

Back