Who will win?

• England

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So what are England for losing to Pakistan and Sri Lanka?

An off day, but NZ were well out of their depth against both Australia and England and got lucky with rain against India, if that hadn’t been a washout, NZ wouldn’t even be making the semis

Sets up an interesting semi finals, the top 3 can go either way. England beat India, Australia beat England, India beat Australia.

Sadly the Poms have played really good cricket the last two matches vs India and NZ under lots of pressure, not qualifying for the SF at home with their form going into the tournament would have been nothing short of a disaster for them.

After they were beaten by the Aussies, I was so tempted to put some money on them. Kicking myself now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them win it.

They aren't in the current NZ team.

If you want to bring up cheats from the past it's hard to go past Greg Chappell or Greg Dyer.
Found it interesting that Smith is booed at Lords, but Mohammed Amir is not?

Quite a list of luminaries on this list- yet no-one calls Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid a cheat

An off day, but NZ were well out of their depth against both Australia and England and got lucky with rain against India, if that hadn’t been a washout, NZ wouldn’t even be making the semis

Sets up an interesting semi finals, the top 3 can go either way. England beat India, Australia beat England, India beat Australia.
An off day?

Did they play twice in one day?

Found it interesting that Smith is booed at Lords, but Mohammed Amir is not?

Quite a list of luminaries on this list- yet no-one calls Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid a cheat

I still find it crazy that in this world cup we have players who actually went to jail for what they did and players like stokes who should be in jail for what he did yet the focus is on smith for failing to stop ball tampering.

Amir has been welcomed back into the cricket community with open arms yet smith apparently is a cheat for life based on a crime the ICC felt was so heinous they suspended him for just one match.

I understand this anger was all driven initially by aussie fans and their obnoxious undeserved sense of moral superiority but the follow up from opposing fans is simply mock outrage giving them a convenient excuse to bash the Australians.

If people want to give it to the aussies while they are down as payback for the teams arrogance(its hard to deny they had it coming) then so be it but cut out the self righteous bullshit about suddenly caring that deeply about cheating, the complete lack of reaction from the cricket world to SL refusing to even take the field after they got caught cheating last year shows nobody really cares about this stuff, the particular team and particular players involved were the fuel that powered this story not real outrage over tampering.

Last edited:
I still find it crazy that in this world cup we have players who actually went to jail for what they did and players like stokes who should be in jail for what he did yet the focus is on smith for failing to stop ball tampering.

Amir has been welcomed back into the cricket community with open arms yet smith apparently is a cheat for life based on a crime the ICC felt was so heinous they suspended him for just one match.

I understand this anger was all driven initially by aussie fans and their obnoxious undeserved sense of moral superiority but the follow up from opposing fans is simply mock outrage giving them a convenient excuse to bash the Australians.

If people want to give it to the aussies while they are down as payback for the teams arrogance(its hard to deny they had it coming) then so be it but cut out the self righteous bulls**t about suddenly caring that deeply about cheating, the complete lack of reaction from the cricket world to SL refusing to even take the field after they got caught cheating last year shows nobody really cares about this stuff, the particular team and particular players involved were the fuel that powered this story not real outrage over tampering.
The commentators have informed us that Stokes is a good bloke and works hard in the nets...

I agree- just an excuse to bash aussies

Back