Grand Slam Day 4 - Australian Open 2024

The 15-day-Slam. Yay or Naay

• Big Yes; Love it

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • It is alright. More "+" than "-"

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Prefer 14 days but such is life and I will move on

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I hate it with a passion. F U Craig Tiley.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 5 is here!!!!!!

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
A brave Aussie in a 5 set match..check. Several players are struggling with the heat...check. There are no huge upsets as of yet but the night is young. This tournament hasn't had any major shocks as of yet, with most things going to script(outside the Ladies Wimbledon Champ). Indeed, as of the time of writing, only 2 seeds have been lost on the men's side.

We are finally in round 2. That extra day seems to go forever. We are now in a regular pattern of play-rest-play-rest, which should allow all of us to follow how each half of the draw takes shape.

Weather 19-23C
Rain with possible Storm.
90% of 8-30mm. ⛈️

Rod Laver Arena
Day Session From 12pm
Jabeur [6] vs Andreeva
de Minaur [10] 🇦🇺 vs Arnaldi

Night Session From 7pm
Sabalenka [2] vs Fruhvirtova [Q]
Djokovic [1] vs Popyrin 🇦🇺

Margaret Court Arena

From
Day session - From 12:00pm
Sinner [4] vs de Jong [Q]
Gauff [4] vs Dolehide

Night Session From 7pm
Tsitsipas [7] vs Thompson 🇦🇺
Sakkari [8] vs Avanesyan

John Cain Arena
From 11am
Wozniacki [WC] vs Timofeeva [Q]
Siegemund vs Storm Hunter [Q] 🇦🇺
Shelton [16] vs O'Connell 🇦🇺
Rublev [5] vs Eubanks

5 Aussies in action, and they are all on the big 3 courts. Play on the outside courts might be a bit off and on tmw, depending on how heavy the incoming storm is. The Aussie men are either a seed or playing a highly-rated player. The toughest task is for Poppy, playing that guy from Serbia but wouldn't be shocked if 3 of them lose. Storm Hunder is the lone girl but a real chance in what could be "the brave Aussie," match of the day.

Mens-wise, there isn't much to say. Eubanks is of Wimbledon Quarterfinal fame, playing a tired Rublev in possible indoor conditions. Could be interesting. Probably not.

Girls wise, and I mean girls, we have 2 16-year-old Czechs making their main stage debut in Australia. If you get confused with all the young Czechs, you are not the only one. To think, THe Czech Republic is about to have ANOTHER golden generation. I think Sab should be too powerful for Fruhvirtova. Woz is back on court which retired her in 2020.

Match the day
Jabeur [6] vs Andreeva

Do not sleep on Andreeva, she is already ranked inside the top 50 and has played on the big courts in Paris and New York already. This will make it 3 out of the 4 slams. She is poised to make a huge statement in a slam. She nearly did at Wimbledon, but she "dropped" the chance to beat Keys. I think it is now and she will get her first top 10 win of her career.

Poll....A survey

Last edited:

yeah, I agree. A little bit of pressure on Ons and she might crack, being the fav.

Should be a fun one.

That’s the only thing I feel the organisers got wrong the women matches today on RLA should have been flipped

That’s the only thing I feel the organisers got wrong the women matches today on RLA should have been flipped
yeah, but maybe they wanted Sab to feel that full crowd she didnt get last round.

And that this match is more likely to finish earlier. Not as much extended rallies will help that as well

yeah, but maybe they wanted Sab to feel that full crowd she didnt get last round.

And that this match is more likely to finish earlier. Not as much extended rallies will help that as well

Possibly though still feel the better match should go at night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Jabeur isn't on 9 or 9Go with being on Rod Laver.
Even more surprised by the first set score.
I'm sure LukeParkerno1 is enjoying Wozniacki though.
I saw her irl once. She was in Portrush with Rory McIlroy playing the Irish Open. I swear more people were there to see her.

Surprised Jabeur isn't on 9 or 9Go with being on Rod Laver.
Even more surprised by the first set score.
I'm sure LukeParkerno1 is enjoying Wozniacki though.
I saw her irl once. She was in Portrush with Rory McIlroy playing the Irish Open. I swear more people were there to see her.

Have both games on, Mirra will win multiple Slams could win one before she's 18 she's that good.

No age limit in tennis to play at a slam? Thought you had to be 18

There are limits on the amount of matches outside of slams, I forget the actual rule, tennis fans call it the Hingis rule. It's to prevent burnout. Forget the actual rule and BobbyMorri would know the rule more than I do but it's a certain number of what they call tier 1 events until the age of 17.

Think they will add an extra match onto RLA today with the delayed start on the outside courts and this match being over so quick?

Maybe they will play the mens first and see how they are going with time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back