Grand Slam Day 9 - Australian Open

Who has looked the best, Man or women. for the first week at the Aus Open?

• Gauff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabalenka

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Svitolina

• Azarenka

• Other Women

• Djokovic

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sinner

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Medvedev

• Alcaraz

• Other man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Day 8 and I am so happy that Kostyuk is now in the top 30. And she finally won a match under 3 sets. Coco looks very strong and it is shaping up to be a Coco v Sabe semi-final (which in all reality, is the actual final).

Mens wise, the Greek God stopped, Mannerio went to the bakery and we are having a good one currently on CC. This could be the highlight of day 9, if gets past midnight.

Day 9...is interesting. I will try my best to talk it up but it is a bit like talking up West Coasts last season...

Rod Laver Arena
Day Session From 12pm
[19] Azarenka vs. [Q] Yastremska 🇺🇦
[3] Medvedev vs. Borges 🇵🇹

Night Session From 7pm
Kecmanovic 🇷🇸 vs. [2] Alcaraz 🇪🇸
[12] Zheng 🇨🇳 vs. Dodin 🇫🇷

Margaret Court Arena
Day session - From 1.30pm
Noskova 🇨🇿 vs. [19] Svitolina 🇺🇦
NB 4pm
[6] Zverev 🇩🇪 vs. [19] Norrie 🇬🇧
John Cain Arena
From 3pm
[9] Hurkacz 🇵🇱 vs. [WC] Cazaux 🇫🇷
[26] Paolini 🇮🇹 vs. Kalinskaya

Djokovic [1] 🇷🇸 vs. Fritz [12] 🇺🇸
Sinner [4] 🇮🇹 vs. De Minaur [10] 🇦🇺 / Rublev [5]
-------------------------------------------
[9] Hurkacz 🇵🇱 vs. [WC] Cazaux 🇫🇷
[3] Medvedev vs. Borges 🇵🇹

[6] Zverev 🇩🇪 vs. [19] Norrie 🇬🇧
Kecmanovic 🇷🇸 vs. [2] Alcaraz 🇪🇸

WOMENS

Kostyuk 🇺🇦 vs. Gauff [4] 🇺🇸
Krejcikova [9] 🇨🇿 vs. Sabalenka [2]
---------------------------------------
Noskova 🇨🇿 vs. [19] Svitolina 🇺🇦
[19] Azarenka vs. [Q] Yastremska 🇺🇦

[26] Paolini 🇮🇹 vs. Kalinskaya
[12] Zheng 🇨🇳 vs. Dodin 🇫🇷

If you told me the highest seed left on the bottom of the draw would be Zheng, I would be quite rich right now. Rybakina and Iga have left this side wide open for an unexpected finalist. Svitolina and Azarenka seem to be the favs for most people and I agree I think Noskova will have a downer after her last match. I would love for Svitolina to make it and win it. But one of Paolini, Kalinskaya, Zheng and Dodin is making a semi. That screams French Open 2021.

Zheng on CC is interesting. The Aus Open markets itself as the Open of the Asia/Pacific and 11 pm (ish) would be prime time in China. They would also know if there is a market here for a Chinese tennis player.

I think Hurkacz vs. Cazaux will be a long 5 setter and that is about it. Zverev might drop a set, but Medvedev and Carlos will win easily. Happy for Portuguese tennis that they have someone this deep in a slam. Borges has had a journeyman career (harsh, yes) and is having the week of his life.

Match of the day.
Paolini vs. Kalinskaya
At least it could be close. Could have some drama....Probably the lowest-quality match-up-wise but a big opportunity for both players. Neither had gone past the 3rd round before...I am clutching at straws.

Poll: I will wait for the end of this match

Last edited:

Day 9 fashion report:

Azarenka :whitecheck:
Noskova :crossmark:
Yastremska :crossmark:
Svitolina :whitecheck:

Really don't like that barber pole yellow and three shades of blue combination.

Oh dear, Svitolina just retired hurt :(

(Edited)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dang Azarenka losing to a qaulifier that's bad lols

Not as surprising as you think, Yas when she's ON is very like Maddison Keys. Azarenka also physically struggles nowadays

Svitolina lost. It is a good day.

Happy both these old girls lost in Svitolina and Azareka, lets be real neither will win a set against Sabs/Coco. Least a young player even if they do the same will learn. We don't need Svitolina in Slam Finals.

Back