Grand Slam Day 9 - Australian Open

Who has looked the best, Man or women. for the first week at the Aus Open?

• Gauff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabalenka

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Svitolina

• Azarenka

• Other Women

• Djokovic

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sinner

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Medvedev

• Alcaraz

• Other man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

VAMOS CARLITOS! Nice bagel to close.

Madrid Open Sport GIF by Tennis TV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some fresh players heading into the quarters.

Sinner, Carols and Novak. Neither have been tested from the round 3 onwards. Sinner and Carlos have quarter-finals against players who played 5 sets the last round.

Neither have Saba and Coco. Look dud days are not all bad. IF it ends up with epic semis.

Alex cannot hit the ball like Carlos he just doesn't have the body type to play like that.
A professional male tennis player is built over 15-20 years, you can't suddenly change your game in any significant way overnight at 23 after playing the game for nearly 20 years. Your body composition only has a certain level it can reach got agility, speed, height, power, arm span, vertical jump, hand eye coordination, etc. humans are not built equal. You can't change your technique drastically overnight.

De Minaur is making incremental improvements in his game every year and he is at his best level right now. It could be his peak, who knows. But he's trying to improve.

A poster in this thread said oh adm should just play or hit like Alcaraz. I mean if only it were that easy. Alcaraz tennis has been built over many many years, trying to take the best parts of the player of what Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are to creat a phenomenal tennis player. A generational player.

A professional male tennis player is built over 15-20 years, you can't suddenly change your game in any significant way overnight at 23 after playing the game for nearly 20 years. Your body composition only has a certain level it can reach got agility, speed, height, power, arm span, vertical jump, hand eye coordination, etc. humans are not built equal. You can't change your technique drastically overnight.

De Minaur is making incremental improvements in his game every year and he is at his best level right now. It could be his peak, who knows. But he's trying to improve.

A poster in this thread said oh adm should just play or hit like Alcaraz. I mean if only it were that easy. Alcaraz tennis has been built over many many years, trying to take the best parts of the player of what Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are to creat a phenomenal tennis player. A generational player.

Re-posting this as it makes too much sense

Only 24 ,2 years younger than the Hall and Oates looking bloke last night.

I don’t like to be mean but what the * am I watching?

This girl doesn’t move her feet after she serves. This is like if an experiment if I played 4th round of the Open

Carlitos is looking formidable. Zverev will push him, but I can see him beating Ze German in 4 sets. Medvadev is the one I'm worried about. Hopefully Sinner can get the job done (unlikely) on the other side so we can hopefully see a new winner 😀

Back