Daylesford vs Hepburn

Remove this Banner Ad

So is there anyone certain of when the game is... sat or sun??

The game is back on Saturday now. Was proposed (and basically confirmed) for Sunday but as mentioned Hepburn have their major raffle on Sunday so they couldnt do it. Woulda been good if it was Sunday, the crowd woulda been even more massive and other clubs could have come along as well

Why would more people hate Hepburn? List the reasons....

- Because they have proven to be sucessfull....
That's about it. Its a well run club with all grades of football and netball going well. As we have all seen in the past....
It's not called hate, it's envy.

- Because they have proven to be sucessfull....
That's about it. Its a well run club with all grades of football and netball going well. As we have all seen in the past....
It's not called hate, it's envy.
I can understand you point but there is a lot of geniune dislike there for hepburn, they're reputation as a pack of thugs has a lot to do with it, even tho they've gone away from that thesedays and their supporters have a lot to do with it......... particularly the 'women' at hepburn who scare grown men!!!!

just going on results i dont think hepburn will get near daylesford, daylesford havent played much but have destroyed who they have(in the wet), the same sides hepburn has played, they havent done near the damage daylesford has so on that i think daylesford by at least 6 goals could be more if it is dry.

just going on results i dont think hepburn will get near daylesford, daylesford havent played much but have destroyed who they have(in the wet), the same sides hepburn has played, they havent done near the damage daylesford has so on that i think daylesford by at least 6 goals could be more if it is dry.

Thats the thing. Daylesford ARE too strong to be in the CHFL. They are flogging other sides and if they are to do it to Hepburn Waubra and teams as such it just proves to everyone that they are simply just that. Teams in the CHFL would be thinking twice now about letting them in.
Yes Waubra and Hepburn are strong sides also but at least when you watch these sides its really an exciting games to watch. With Daylesford whats so good about a teams going down by 20+ goals, it's sad to hear, let alone watch. Thats why The Courier take no interest in D'Ford games........

I hope for the leagues sake it's a tight game because allot of people think Daylesford have the flag rapt up. Hepburn have had some tough games already this year and that could be the difference Daylesford wont know were they really sit until after this game. If daylesford players read and believe all thats written here they may get cocky and in the heat of a tough match go to water. I think Daylesford will win but not as easy as most seem to think.

I hope for the leagues sake it's a tight game because allot of people think Daylesford have the flag rapt up. Hepburn have had some tough games already this year and that could be the difference Daylesford wont know were they really sit until after this game. If daylesford players read and believe all thats written here they may get cocky and in the heat of a tough match go to water. I think Daylesford will win but not as easy as most seem to think.

aggreeance mate, it wont be an easy game, we know that well, our preparation will be spot on and let me tell u theres no way phil davis will let us get cocky, after years of failure in the BFL we'v developed a pretty modest club atmospher, i think if anyone has been seen to get cocky and overconfident its hepburn

aggreeance mate, it wont be an easy game, we know that well, our preparation will be spot on and let me tell u theres no way phil davis will let us get cocky, after years of failure in the BFL we'v developed a pretty modest club atmospher, i think if anyone has been seen to get cocky and overconfident its hepburn

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about :thumbsu:

Thats the thing. Daylesford ARE too strong to be in the CHFL. They are flogging other sides and if they are to do it to Hepburn Waubra and teams as such it just proves to everyone that they are simply just that. Teams in the CHFL would be thinking twice now about letting them in.
Yes Waubra and Hepburn are strong sides also but at least when you watch these sides its really an exciting games to watch. With Daylesford whats so good about a teams going down by 20+ goals, it's sad to hear, let alone watch. Thats why The Courier take no interest in D'Ford games........

Thats why everyone hates daylesford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do mean Daylesford is too strong for this league? They didn't even make the grand final last year??? Not like the club has gone out and recruited heavily either - unless you think the coach is the ultimate difference? Well, that's just a stroke of luck. Good on em.

What do mean Daylesford is too strong for this league? They didn't even make the grand final last year??? Not like the club has gone out and recruited heavily either - unless you think the coach is the ultimate difference? Well, that's just a stroke of luck. Good on em.

Yeah good point doppel, if Daylesford are too strong why didnt they win last year?
The other clubs of the CHFL should be happy that the standard of the league has grown since their induction and will continue to do so. So its the other club's challenge to try and improve the cattle in their own yard instead of whinging so they can match it with D'ford and the Burra / Waubra boys.
The league took a forward step into the future by letting D'ford into the league. If clubs regret letting them in well thats their issue to deal with, whereby hopefully they can improve the standard of the league further with regard to their club

Clubs with any sense won't regret it. I have never seen a bigger crowd in the clubrooms Saturday night with Beauforts players, supporters and committee all coming in for a drink. They know how hard it was to survive in the Ballarat League & despite a receiving a hiding they still respect their opposition & know whats best for country footy. More like them and the world would be a better place!

Clubs with any sense won't regret it. I have never seen a bigger crowd in the clubrooms Saturday night with Beauforts players, supporters and committee all coming in for a drink. They know how hard it was to survive in the Ballarat League & despite a receiving a hiding they still respect their opposition & know whats best for country footy. More like them and the world would be a better place!

yeah spot on again. Beaufort did the same thing last year as well, definetly the biggest crowd after the game in the rooms since D'ford being in the CHFL. Its a credit to them as a club, obviously well run by a proactive friendly committee and members.

11 Days to go now. As a daylesford man i dont hate hepburn. The reason they are so disliked is because of their all round success. Well run club on and off the field, even if everyone that isn't from hepburn does dislike them. Long term future is safe, alot more that other clubs can say for themselves. And if other clubs had the potential to recruit like they do, they certainly would. But in saying that i still thing the dogs will get up. But in what will be a great day of footy. To the reserves. Well what a match this will be. The showdown with watts and torrance going head to head. Last year torrance came away with the honours, but watts is new man this year and expect him to come away with the indivdual bragging rights. Tough one to pick. Under 18s will be another great game with the bull pups coming good on the weekend and hepburn dominating. Should be a real good game of junior footy. As will the 15s with both teams in form.

11 Days to go now. Under 18s will be another great game with the bull pups coming good on the weekend and hepburn dominating. Should be a real good game of junior footy. As will the 15s with both teams in form.
What do you think about over the Netball courts?

Hepburn under 18s are goin to hand out the pummaling of a life time.

haha is that u sam winnard? no one gives a flying **** about the 18s mate, go talk about that in ur 18s thread.doesnt matter how much u win by mate cos ur team is half poached from dford juniors anyway, including ur good self sam if that is u, leigh hawker taught u all u know

haha is that u sam winnard? no one gives a flying **** about the 18s mate, go talk about that in ur 18s thread.doesnt matter how much u win by mate cos ur team is half poached from dford juniors anyway, including ur good self sam if that is u, leigh hawker taught u all u know

Take another guess. And i wasn't taught by leigh hawker. But tell me, what does it mean when i play for daylesford and win a premiership then leave to hepburn and win a premiership that year too. I'm thinking it means something like i make a massive difference in a team. Actually, come to think of it, every team a member of my family plays for, they seem to always go a lot better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back