Traded Dayne Beams (2014-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

No where near as obsessive as the AFL has for giving your pathetic club never ending concessions to the detriment of every other club.
Well then. I wasn't expecting that hostility but each to their own. My comment was really more of an observation about your recruiting staff at the time rather than a shot at your club but I can accept the perceived intent behind the comment could have been misunderstood.

Also, I think you should probably reconsider your views on clubs receiving concessions. Brisbane have a long history of receiving concessions, even during the triple premiership era. It's easy to throw stones when the club you support is at/near the top but I wonder what your thoughts were just four years ago when Brisbane requested a priority pick and that request was granted. No need to answer, I found this from you back in mid-2017 when Brisbane were considering a request for a second priority pick in as many years.

Given our hopeless plight for so long, coupled with the continued drain of our top players, I just don't get how anyone can say we shouldn't get pick 2. Seriously, what's pick 19 going to do? Those who advocate for anything bar pick 2 are simply pandering to VFL House and ignoring how diabolical our plight is. Five more years of this and they may as well voluntarily wind the club up because even now it is getting to the pointless stage.

Singing a very different tune back then, huh? You were basically begging for pick 2 after already receiving a concession pick the year before. You even went as far as to say the club may as well shut its doors if things don't improve.

It's always important to maintain perspective.

Last edited:
Well then. I wasn't expecting that hostility but each to their own. My comment was really more of an observation about your recruiting staff at the time rather than a shot at your club but I can accept the perceived intent behind the comment could have been misunderstood.

Also, I think you should probably reconsider your views on clubs receiving concessions. Brisbane have a long history of receiving concessions, even during the triple premiership era. It's easy to throw stones when the club you support is at/near the top but I wonder what your thoughts were just four years ago when Brisbane requested a priority pick and that request was granted.
Pick 19 woohoo!

You conveniently forgot about the future first round pick your club also received in that trade. That pick alone was used to acquire Charlie Cameron the following year.

You've conveniently forgotten that the key component of that trade was losing Pearce Hanley. Pick 19's involvement in that trade was being moved back to pick 22, hardly enough to score future first on its own you think.

Brisbane gave up Hanley and 19 for 22 and a future first. You don't think that trade essentially boils down to Hanley for the future first?

No where near as obsessive as the AFL has for giving your pathetic club never ending concessions to the detriment of every other club.

Way to inject malice and tension into a perfectly civil interaction.

You've conveniently forgotten that the key component of that trade was losing Pearce Hanley. Pick 19's involvement in that trade was being moved back to pick 22, hardly enough to score future first on its own you think.

Brisbane gave up Hanley and 19 for 22 and a future first. You don't think that trade essentially boils down to Hanley for the future first?
That would make sense if it was a two club trade but it's not that simple when there are three or more clubs involved. Port Adelaide received your concession pick 19 and our pick 32 for their 2017 first round pick. I could easily argue the main reason Port let go of their future first round pick was because Brisbane's pick 19 was being offered and our late second round pick 32 was just the cherry on the cake. Pearce Hanley had absolutely nothing to do with the trade value for Port Adelaide.

It depends on whose perspective you want to look at it from. Regardless, the concession pick the Lions received in 2016 was used (at least partially) to secure Charlie Cameron. That's undeniable.

That would make sense if it was a two club trade but it's not that simple when there are three or more clubs involved. Port Adelaide received your concession pick 19 and our pick 32 for their 2017 first round pick. I could easily argue the main reason Port let go of their future first round pick was because Brisbane's pick 19 was being offered and our late second round pick 32 was just the cherry on the cake. Pearce Hanley had absolutely nothing to do with the trade value for Port Adelaide.

It depends on whose perspective you want to look at it from. Regardless, the concession pick the Lions received in 2016 was used (at least partially) to secure Charlie Cameron. That's undeniable.
The club received pick 19 as a priority pick, any trades after that fact are completely unrelated.
I am glad that Pearce Hanley worked out so well for you though👍

The club received pick 19 as a priority pick, any trades after that fact are completely unrelated.
It's interesting to see the varying levels of acceptance when it comes to this priority pick situation. You only acknowledge receiving pick 19, Dylan12 wants to focus on receiving Alex Witherden through the trade and JasRulz63 wants to have everyone believe Pearce Hanley becoming a Sun convinced Port Adelaide to give up their future first round pick. None of you have highlighted the fourth part of the trade which was Port's future first round pick being used to secure Charlie Cameron.

I get it. Doesn't quite back up the theory that the concessional pick 19 was inconsequential, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back