Scandal Dayne Beams acting entitled?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Beams situation, like Carey's, raises an interesting point about mental health. Some people have Personality Disorders - which could be classified as a mental health issue (technically a psychiatric diagnosis), but the main result of which (certainly for the Cluster B ones: Anti-social, Narcissistic, Histrionic, Borderline) is that they treat people around them like sh*t. By definition, their behaviour flouts social norms, and they are generally quite good at being manipulative and trying to get people to feel sorry for them. Very different to people with anxiety or depression, who often suffer alone, or in silence.

It's almost like it's unhelpful to just have a big umbrella - 'mental health issues' - which can be used to white-wash problems in a completely generic way.

I don’t see much similarity in Beams and Carey at all.

Their father both played a huge part in their lives and the way they turned out for different reasons.

Beams would have no clue whether what he was paid was within the cap or not unless it was clearly coming in strange round-about ways - like via third or fourth parties where it would be safe to assume it was dodgy (e.g. Carlton in the 1990s).

How many times did your mob get done for the cap again?

He copied the big freeze beanies idea (in collingwood colours) promoting them at the same time as the big freeze campaign which isn't great. He also attacked New Balance with in 24 hours of ending the partnership because they didn't want to renew a sponsorship contract deal with him when he was sitting at home for 7 month's. (kicked out of the club) How selfish, self-centered can you get..

Wow, poor form by Beams. The key difference for events over the last couple of weeks is that Neale Daniher and Michael Long are doing things for the betterment of others, and their efforts will live on well after they've passed. Dayne Beams is doing things for the betterment of Dayne Beams and if he can make money off of it he's all the happier.

Wow, poor form by Beams. The key difference for events over the last couple of weeks is that Neale Daniher and Michael Long are doing things for the betterment of others, and their efforts will live on well after they've passed. Dayne Beams is doing things for the betterment of Dayne Beams and if he can make money off of it he's all the happier.

Not entirely true. He has raised a lot of money for Lance Picioanes charity Love me Love you foundation and a lot of his workshops are a form of therapy for many.

I don't doubt he has done bad by a lot of people but he isn't this giant bag of s**t people are making him out to be.

Not entirely true. He has raised a lot of money for Lance Picioanes charity Love me Love you foundation and a lot of his workshops are a form of therapy for many.

I don't doubt he has done bad by a lot of people but he isn't this giant bag of sh*t people are making him out to be.

I withdraw my point and will revise it to he's slightly less of a jerk than I imagined.

I don't doubt he has done bad by a lot of people but he isn't this giant bag of sh*t people are making him out to be.

Who says that? Beams?

People pay him for his workshops.

There is pretty overwhelming evidence about what sort of person he is, it is not just people being mean.

Who says that? Beams?

People pay him for his workshops.

There is pretty overwhelming evidence about what sort of person he is, it is not just people being mean.

Ask Lance Picioane himself. %of Sales from Daynes business go there as do a lot of proceeds from sportsman nights etc he does. $7K from a recent one. Also psychologists charge money for a counselling session, are they s**t people too? Art therapy is a legitimate healing tool.

No doubt Dayne has had a lot of indiscretions and made mistakes, he is the first to admit that when you speak to him but what do you think mental illness involves? Just behaving normally but being sad?

Ask Lance Picioane himself. %of Sales from Daynes business go there as do a lot of proceeds from sportsman nights etc he does. $7K from a recent one. Also psychologists charge money for a counselling session, are they sh*t people too? Art therapy is a legitimate healing tool.

No doubt Dayne has had a lot of indiscretions and made mistakes, he is the first to admit that when you speak to him but what do you think mental illness involves? Just behaving normally but being sad?
Got any evidence of these being correct weight money donations and not pocketing profit. He is claiming the donations back on tax so it doesn’t impress me one bit. Some people’s mental illness is from year’s of party substance abuse behaving poorly with always choosing to do the wrong things that lead to mental illness. We all have choices in this world so no excuses playing the depression card when you’re 11 year history of poor life decisions out cause big issues.

Ask Lance Picioane himself. %of Sales from Daynes business go there as do a lot of proceeds from sportsman nights etc he does. $7K from a recent one. Also psychologists charge money for a counselling session, are they sh*t people too? Art therapy is a legitimate healing tool.

What percentage goes to the charity? I also note that this charity does not seem to report what percentage of donations it disburses.

Art therapy is a legitimate tool, I know some art therapists. Dayne Beams is not an art therapist.

Dayne's business involves buying retail products and putting unlicensed images on them to sell at a massive markup.

You should not prejudge what others know about mental illness - but I also know a grifter when I see one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What percentage goes to the charity? I also note that this charity does not seem to report what percentage of donations it disburses.

Art therapy is a legitimate tool, I know some art therapists. Dayne Beams is not an art therapist.

Dayne's business involves buying retail products and putting unlicensed images on them to sell at a massive markup.

You should not prejudge what others know about mental illness - but I also know a grifter when I see one.
Beams went to rehab and they had art therapy so he copied the idea (just like big freeze beanies he sells) and turned it into a money profit business in the DISGUISE of depression and mental health. Bachelor of arts therapy qualification You'll need to complete a postgraduate qualification approved by the Health and Care Professions Council. Full-time postgraduate courses normally take 2 years to complete. Part-time courses take 3 years. You should have a degree in art or creative therapies to do a postgraduate course. recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). So it takes 3 year's to complete a part time course which he hasn't because he at his work place all day......
Beams made a business in the DISGUISE of depression to make easy money from vulnerable gullible footy supporters and specially the Maggie's because of the big supporter base to profit from. You have to be desperate to always use depression as a promotional tool to make money when you have made millions from playing footy not being short of a buck.

Last edited:
Scum club. Putrid individual. Pathetic organisation.

No need to be so harsh about your own club and several members of your Team of the Century. I understand a lack of modern success (No Premierships this Millennium) can get you down, but to speak of some of the criminal elements amongst your champions like that is just wrong. Carlton don’t deserve that from you.

No need to be so harsh about your own club and several members of your Team of the Century. I understand a lack of modern success (No Premierships this Millennium) can get you down, but to speak of some of the criminal elements amongst your champions like that is just wrong. Carlton don’t deserve that from you.

Dayne Beams being scum has nothing to do with Carlton.

Doesnt have anything to do with the Pies or Lions either. Guy is just a selfish entitled bogan unit.

Strikes me as the type of guy to line up at a bottle shop and ask for a free stubbie holder when he buys one can.
Then putting said stubby cooler on eBay for $30 when he gets home instead using the bloody thing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back