Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad luck to him. Hope he recovers well.

This is such an opportunistic post.

You know you have to list all list management outcomes including the negative ones.

For example, for those players we gave up:

Seb Ross, Dean Kent and Heath Shaw.

We also traded in players that have been unsuccessful (through form or injury):

Jesse White for Allir Alliir.

Sam Murray for the world*.

Dayne Beams for the moon*.

Daniel Wells for the universe*.

We also lost with Witts and Marley Williams.

There are also other positives and negatives but to paint the picture that the list management has been spectacular is false and misleading.

*Exaggerated for effect.

Alternatively, and much more simply, you could just look at the list and realise that we've got a very good list, which has come from recruiting and drafting in an environment where we haven't been awarded a great number of early draft picks. Thus it can very easily be concluded that our overall recruiting and drafting has been very good, despite some errors.

Overall we have a great list and you cannot argue that gaining a fit Beams would not have improved it.
That Beams is now injured, (since joining the club) is bad luck.
We made a GF last season with a lesser list and at the time a more dire injury list.
Our improvement last year was off the back of many of our recent list management wins.
The only potentially major bust played this season is Wills and that is only potentially.

Beams may be another.

Such is life.

Time cannot be reversed.

Overall we have a great list and you cannot argue that gaining a fit Beams would not have improved it.
That Beams is now injured, (since joining the club) is bad luck.
We made a GF last season with a lesser list and at the time a more dire injury list.
Our improvement last year was off the back of many of our recent list management wins.
The only potentially major bust played this season is Wills and that is only potentially.

Beams may be another.

Such is life.

Time cannot be reversed.
Nicely done.

Sometimes, almost never & occasionally always.
We probably all listen to garbage at times. My point was it would be ridiculous to operate on a hip to address a gambling issue (If one exists).
The rumors are certainly out there and gambling is a problem in the AFL according to Loyd. Whatever the problem/s are I hope he can get fit mentally and physically for the beginning of next season.

When I first read his surname, i thought it was pronounced seer and i still pronounce it that way.

So do I. Pronouncing it as 'sire' doesnt work for me, although with all this horse and pony talk around here, it kinda fits the theme.

So do I. Pronouncing it as 'sire' doesnt work for me, although with all this horse and pony talk around here, it kinda fits the theme.
I hadn't thought of the racing angle. No wonder Saintly is obsessed with him. Sire is one of the few words Saintly knows.

Maybe he doesn't like him and is just muttering racing linage . Is there a famous mare called the centre. "Sier" "out of" "the centre"

Last edited:
Has he had the operation yet?Channel 9 said that he was recovering from the operation,while Channel 7 said he still hadn’t had it and that he might have it in Tasmania.Obviously they both can’t be right.

I am disappointed that you could put those two words together as if they are almost the same thing.

Et tu VP? Et tu?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't thought of the racing angle. No wonder Saintly is obsessed with him. Sire is one of the few words Saintly knows.

Maybe he doesn't like him and is just muttering racing linage . Is there a famous mare called the centre. "Sier" "out of" "the centre"
Alas No, there’s just Sier

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I am disappointed that you could put those two words together as if they are almost the same thing.

Et tu VP? Et tu?
Bad one, might be time you get your riding crop out.
Vicky Park has been way to casual about her pony menace usage.

ps shhhh she’s not a mod anymore; she’s vulnerable on her flanks,
don’t tell anyone shhhhh.

Bad one, might be time you get your riding crop out.
Vicky Park has been way to casual about her pony menace usage.

ps shhhh she’s not a mod anymore; she’s vulnerable on her flanks,
don’t tell anyone shhhhh.

I'll tell you what, if you are pro pony, then you are 100% definitively going to Hell, with weeping, and wailing, and hooves on the carpet, and viscera distributed like throw cushions in a bad episode of The Block.*

And by Pro pony, I mean anyone who has not joined me personally in the fight to the death against the menace, and the dead stone cold eyes, like a dolls, of the pony hordes. Any backsliding, equivocation, or just generally failing to act all judgey, and you are part of the menace, and you must be cast out!

Sorry, was just trying to unleash my inner Foalau. So where is my 10 million quid?

*To be clear, there is no such thing as a good episode of The Block.

Last edited:
I say we strap our players down and get the scalpel out at all possible opportunities. There's no way they should have a say in it.

I'm waiting for reporters to start asking "Is it safe?" followed by our players falling to the ground in a full on PTSD breakdown.

Alternatively, and much more simply, you could just look at the list and realise that we've got a very good list, which has come from recruiting and drafting in an environment where we haven't been awarded a great number of early draft picks. Thus it can very easily be concluded that our overall recruiting and drafting has been very good, despite some errors.
I respectfully disagree that it has been very good.

It’s been above average. I’m not sure we can call it very good when we have the Murray, wells and beams acquisitions still not bearing much or any fruit in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for reporters to start asking "Is it safe?" followed by our players falling to the ground in a full on PTSD breakdown.
The way I see it if you are a talented youngster who nominates for the AFL draft, you're nominating for forced surgery and deserve whatever comes your way. If I had have had my way, we would have sewed Elliott's hand's onto Jesse White's arms and then cracked the skull open, scooped out the brains and swapped them. It would have produced an all time great KPF.

It’s been above average. I’m not sure we can call it very good when we have the Murray, wells and beams acquisitions still not bearing much or any fruit in some cases.

Perhaps you could mention some of the decisions that have yielded fruit?
Such as Adams, Treloar, WHE, Crisp, Mayne, Roughead, Howe, Greenwood, Varcoe

If you look at Hawthorn's recruiting that led up to them winning 4 premierships in 8 years, I'm not sure that you can call it very good when we have Ellis at 3, and Dowler and Thorp at 6. None of them bearing much or any fruit in some cases.

You can cherry pick recruiting positives and you can cherry pick recruiting negatives. But at the end of the day, if the recruiters recruit a list that is good enough to be at the pointy end for an extended period, it's very good recruiting. It remains to be seen, but I'm very confident that our list is good enough to be at the pointy end for an extended period.

Has he had the operation yet?Channel 9 said that he was recovering from the operation,while Channel 7 said he still hadn’t had it and that he might have it in Tasmania.Obviously they both can’t be right.
Nobody goes to Tasmania to have surgery lol it's a weird concept. What's there that we don't have in Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back