Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane win the trade, the don't have the softest footballer to ever pull on the boots in James Aish on their list.

I'm not sure what Beams and Aish have to do with each other but, apart from crossing teams at certain points
Pies asking for Aish planted the seed that made him want to come to Melb.

Either way, Aish is a terrible player. For someone so soft and outside his skills are putrid.

Brisbane win the trade, the don't have the softest footballer to ever pull on the boots in James Aish on their list.
Um in 2014 we got Crisp, Pick 5 (De Goey) and Pick 25 (Greenwood) for Beams.
It also instigated the three way trade -
Varcoe (cats) to the Pies,
Mitch clarke (melb) to the Cats (delisted after 6 games)
Lumumba (pies) to Melbourne (only good as Harry O)

Aish trade was in 2015 (pick 26) - Nothing to do with Beams.

Your ignorance is showing:oops:

UMMMM LIKE LITERALLY
Not literally at all - pick players traded in different years/trade periods between clubs and try to establish a 'win'?!
Drawing a long bow to try and score points.

So using your logic how about we got Crisp you got Jackson Paine - we 'win'.
(When we actually got Karnesis who was a spud)
Or we got Buckley and you got Jackson Paine.

19 games from three seasons, yeah great decision from Brisbane.
Your counting 2017 as a whole season already?

DeGoey has shown very little except for shitting in the clubs face and Crisp was a one hit wonder if i have ever seen one. Beams has won a b&f up there, even if 4 players tied and is a superstar. Brisbane still win that trade pretty easily imo

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Enough of the details. Point is, Collingwood traded for Aish, that's ignorance X infinity + 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're missing the part where Aish got us Hipwood Keays and Berry I would say we won that trade

How many flags is that again?
Freo making up the numbers - under the game plan of Lyon the loser.
With the list you had you should have one something.
Attack the ball, not the man mate. Actually, attacking a man instead of the ball? That seems to be a common trait among the Collingwood community.

Collingwood are consistently hyped up every year for their amazing midfield, which has delivered them absolutely nothing 2011. They lost an absolute gun in Dane Beams, for a one year wonder, a player who has underformed significantly compared to his first season and has significant attitude issues. Brisbane have gained themselves a superstar and a captain.

Attack the ball, not the man mate. Actually, attacking a man instead of the ball? That seems to be a common trait among the Collingwood community.

Collingwood are consistently hyped up every year for their amazing midfield, which has delivered them absolutely nothing 2011. They lost an absolute gun in Dane Beams, for a one year wonder, a player who has underformed significantly compared to his first season and has significant attitude issues. Brisbane have gained themselves a superstar and a captain.
Not at all, you were espousing the virtues of Fremantle making finals whilst Collingwood are not as they are rebuilding after their premiership players are retiring.
The "ball" is Fremantle are making finals with no result, Pies are building nicely with a young list.
Fremantle posters seem to think they can dish out comments on other teams without turning the mirror on their own.
I would rather the Pies current list than Freo's ageing list at this stage.

Last edited:
Not at all, you were espousing the virtues of Fremantle making finals whilst Collingwood are not as they are rebuilding after their premiership players are retiring.
The "ball" is Fremantle are making finals with no result, Pies are building nicely with a young list.

Fremantle posters seem to think they can dish out comments on other teams without turning the mirror on their own.
I would rather the Pies list than Freo's at this stage.
So a Fremantle supporter can't make an observation about Collingwood because Fremantle are not a very good team?

I guess I can never comment on another club's football operations nor drug problems within the AFL due to the Whitfield/Allan/Lambert situation?

Beams left the club for family reasons to join his brother in Brisbane. Nothing the Pies could do about that.
They received compensation for losing an A Grade player.
Dane Swan also retired.
We patched up our midfield by acquiring players like Adams, Treloar etc.
Our midfield beat the Doggies last week and were equal if not better than the Tigers.
Our problem has not been with the midfield but kicking straight.
Beams absence in the midfield has been covered.

The players we obtained are young developing players, Crisp has been good, De Goey is a prospect.
Yes De Goey has been an idiot, but Beams was no angel either.

Three years out of the finals, in an even competition, whilst rebuilding is not a disaster.
Geez last years premiers won from 7th. We lost to the doggies by three points at the end of the season, lost to the Hawks by one point, beat West Coast etc.
Pies got absoltely smashed early last season.

Ironically we smashed Brisbane (143 to 65 at the Gabba). Beams got 18 disposals, Treloar (bog) 36, Adams 33, Pendlebury 34, Sidebottom 31, De Goey 25, Crisp 15.
Also defeated Fremantle (85points to 37) and GWS (by 32 points in Sydney). (Ooops am I playing the man again)

So I appreciate your touching concern over the loss of an A Grade midfielder three year ago.
We actually miss Heath Shaw more than Beams, but Shaw needed a change of clubs for his own good.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back