Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEAMS! Haha what news to wake up to. Hopefully we dont over pay.
i'm not against using our 1st round pick. purely based on the fact that a club is more then likely going to bid on Quanor forcing our first pick on him anyway. so trade Langdon, get likely a 2nd rounder for him, we have the 3rd rounder for Fasolo. which then give us enough point for Kelly and Quanor and beams with our first pick.

we do miss out on may but I think that we will miss on him anyway

FFS.
No-one is trading Sier.
Period.

Beams can wait until end of next season thanks.
All paws off Sier.

They touch Sier will be the most idiotic thing I’d ever recall. Ok, since they didn’t sign Lockett.

i'm not against using our 1st round pick. purely based on the fact that a club is more then likely going to bid on Quanor forcing our first pick on him anyway. so trade Langdon, get likely a 2nd rounder for him, we have the 4rd rounder for Fasolo. which then give us enough point for Kelly and Quanor and beams with our first pick.

we do miss out on may but I think that we will miss on him anyway
On that thinking you make sense it’s like getting Beams, Quaynor, Kelly all for later first and second and third picks.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here that I don't think it's right for us.

Great player, but only beefs up a part of the ground we are well served. I think it stalls Sier's growth as well.

He'll cost a fair bit in terms of a trade...and it concerns me that he walked out on our club for personal reasons, now is walking out on Brisbane for personal reasons after telling everyone he won't leave and loves the club. I'm not sure his head is in it.

Would much prefer we push for Stephen May if we can.

I hope we don't sell the farm here. I know we got a lot for him when he left, but he is a bit on in age now and has been injury prone.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here that I don't think it's right for us.

Great player, but only beefs up a part of the ground we are well served. I think it stalls Sier's growth as well.

He'll cost a fair bit in terms of a trade...and it concerns me that he walked out on our club for personal reasons, now is walking out on Brisbane for personal reasons after telling everyone he won't leave and loves the club. I'm not sure his head is in it.

I hope we don't sell the farm here. I know we got a lot for him when he left, but he is a bit on in age now and has been injury prone.

Fair chance someone bids on qaynor and we'd b3 forced to use pick 18. Better to use it (Beams or May or Bruce & Lonie) and get double value.

I think Brisbane needs him gone to get the deal done for Neal.

Fair chance someone bids on qaynor and we'd b3 forced to use pick 18. Better to use it (Beams or May or Bruce & Lonie) and get double value.
Maybe Beams and May, don’t want the other two.

Let’s say we get Beams and hence we think Langdon then gone and assuming it’s through picks our best 22 might look like this.
Assume we get May.
Caveat let’s assume Wells is fully fit and good then the 22:
How we do all this? Who knows but you’d think May/Langdon is tied in.
No May, it’s Dunn ofcourse.

B. Scharenberg ~ May ~ Maynard
HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp
C. Sidebottom ~ Treloar ~ Beams
HF. Hoskin-Elliott ~ De Goey ~ Wells
F. Elliott ~ Cox ~ Stephenson
R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury (c) ~ Adams
I. Mihocek ~ Sier ~ Phillips ~ Thomas

E. McLarty, Murphy, Mayne, Greenwood

I'd love to get Beams back. He'd slot perfectly into our midfield which was beaten twice in finals by WCE when it mattered. He can play inside and outside and he can kick. Add Beams into the GF and we win IMO. Then again, add May and we probably win.

As a few have said though, how do we get a trade over the line. He's got 2 years on a contract so he has no bargaining power. Maybe Thomas as a Queenslander would have appeal to Brisbane. It'd be Thomas and out first round pick for starters. Maybe Oxley would be steak knives for them. Hard to see this happenning unfortunately.

On that thinking you make sense it’s like getting Beams, Quaynor, Kelly all for later first and second and third picks.
bingo. and both Kelly and Quaynor at various stages throughout the year have been touted Top #20, so losing Langdon means his pay goes to Beams. and in the short term " Hope " that Dunn, Shaz, Reid or Moore can take Langdon place and longer term both Quaynor and Kelly will be starting backs. for mine it ticks all the boxes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s say we get Beams and hence we think Langdon then gone and assuming it’s through picks our best 22 might look like this.
Assume we get May.
Caveat let’s assume Wells is fully fit and good then the 22:
How we do all this? Who knows but you’d think May/Langdon is tied in.
No May, it’s Dunn ofcourse.

B. Scharenberg ~ May ~ Maynard
HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp
C. Sidebottom ~ Treloar ~ Beams
HF. Hoskin-Elliott ~ De Goey ~ Wells
F. Elliott ~ Cox ~ Stephenson
R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury (c) ~ Adams
I. Mihocek ~ Sier ~ Phillips ~ Thomas

E. McLarty, Murphy, Mayne, Greenwood
Can May play chb, leave Dunn at fb and move Darcy to chf

Your post is very sensible.

The way he has conducted himself is not really pristine but is he still likeable with in the group and coaching staff?
Suspect that part is ok.

So it’s ok if he’s a bit of a tosser as long as he’s not a toxic tosser. And is not disrespectful and disruptive.
Probably won’t be in reality.

Interesting times.

Can May play chb, leave Dunn at fb and move Darcy to chf
Yep makes sense too.
Pushes Mihocek out of 22 but that’s ok then, as I love the Dunny too.
He should be in but I’m throwing to how May affects the 22.

I'd love to get Beams back. He'd slot perfectly into our midfield which was beaten twice in finals by WCE when it mattered. He can play inside and outside and he can kick. Add Beams into the GF and we win IMO. Then again, add May and we probably win.

As a few have said though, how do we get a trade over the line. He's got 2 years on a contract so he has no bargaining power. Maybe Thomas as a Queenslander would have appeal to Brisbane. It'd be Thomas and out first round pick for starters. Maybe Oxley would be steak knives for them. Hard to see this happenning unfortunately.
Brisbane want Neale, they will want our first and probably Langdon’s pick. Jt will not be going.

I think we are playing with fire with some of these trades the club is supposedly considering,did,nt Beams say when leaving "I am getting off the bus"his words not mine.
The playing group atm look to me like they are committed to each other and playing as a unified team and I would not want to jeopardized this at all,some of us remember Barry Mitchell and Raines also.
Dayne made his choice 5yrs ago I rather not have him back 2 weeks ago at their BF he said "Ilove you guys and I won,t leave you" again his words not mine bringing him back would be fraught with danger.

Apparently at their bnf he said he’ll honour 2 year contract at BL so big backflip

The big word at the time was that he wanted to come home to the pies. I get the feeling he made those big comments about not wanting to let his Lions mates down just to put out the flames surrounding the rumour until trade week.

This has clearly not just come out of the blue, I'd say there's a fair likelihood he'll be in the Black and White in 2019.

Langdon is probably the bloke to make way. Yes, he had a career best game in the GF but he is replaceable.

Your post is very sensible.

The way he has conducted himself is not really pristine but is he still likeable with in the group and coaching staff?
Suspect that part is ok.

So it’s ok if he’s a bit of a tosser as long as he’s not a toxic tosser. And is not disrespectful and disruptive.
Probably won’t be in reality.

Interesting times.

At the end of the day we are all only commenting from afar. Who knows internally what the dynamics are.

I've got my hesitations on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back