News Dayne Beams retires

Remove this Banner Ad

pulpdriver

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Problem is he has done a Jason Akermanis and is now pretty much not well liked by either club he played for.
I've got no issues with him. I figured he had about two years left in him when we traded him but thought it would be the shoulder that forced him to finish his career early. He was a great player (in a lacklustre team) during his time at the Lions and we got more than fair value for him when he left so he's okay in my book.

Hollow Knight

Imperfect vessel
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Ended on a sour note but he is a premiership player, All-Australian and best and fairest winner at two clubs. Not bad at all.

Hope he finds some peace and a way out of the darkness left by his father's loss.

Stabby McGee

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
a cup for kicking a ball good matters more in the grand scheme of things?

sh*t i'd hate to be one of your kids
It is when you get paid a shitload of money to kick a ball around.

If you work in civil engineering you and your mates pat each other on the back when you design a great sewage system but I only care the sh*t gets flushed.

Rate the value of the job as you want but we all know deep down nobody else really gives a fu** what you do unless it’s high profile then they give too many fu**s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Great player and good to watch. Sadly his legacy a bit tarnished I think most will remember him for the stuff in the past 2 years.

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
It is when you get paid a shitload of money to kick a ball around.

If you work in civil engineering you and your mates pat each other on the back when you design a great sewage system but I only care the sh*t gets flushed.

Rate the value of the job as you want but we all know deep down nobody else really gives a fu** what you do unless it’s high profile then they give too many fu**s
paying dayne beams out is the equivalent of the sh*t getting flushed

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
I'll never forget the season I took a gamble on you in the first round of AFL fantasy draft before you were a late out in Rd 1 with a 'hip' injury. You didn't return until Rd 16 :(

Remove this Banner Ad