News Dayne Beams retires

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was a very good player (top 15 or thereabouts) for a very long time, it's a shame his 177 game career (probably should have been more tbh) has drawn to a close.

Let's try and make this thread as positive and civil as possible, his well known off field issues have well-documented elsewhere, let's just recognize how good his on field and playing efforts were.

Premiership player and B and F winner (amongst others) is a very impressive resume.

Hope you find peace and happiness in retirement Dayne Beams👍👍👍

Good to see he got paid out for not honoring his contract

Was a very good player and did Brisbane a MASSIVE favor for jumping ship back to Collingwood

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
If you didn’t know anything about him, his circumstances, the trades etc you’d look at that career and say that’s pretty impressive. Made AA, won a prem, two B+F

didnt maximise his potential for a variety of reasons but achieved more than the vast majority

Problem is he has done a Jason Akermanis and is now pretty much not well liked by either club he played for.

HG Pennypacker

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Problem is he has done a Jason Akermanis and is now pretty much not well liked by either club he played for.
Yeah maybe but there is more to life than being liked. I don’t know the man and wouldn’t have a clue if he is a total campaigner or great bloke but he did help deliver Collingwoods only premiership in the last 30 years and in the grand scheme of things that matters more

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah maybe but there is more to life than being liked. I don’t know the man and wouldn’t have a clue if he is a total campaigner or great bloke but he did help deliver Collingwoods only premiership in the last 30 years and in the grand scheme of things that matters more

a cup for kicking a ball good matters more in the grand scheme of things?

s**t i'd hate to be one of your kids

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Congratulations on a great career Dayne, commiserations on how it ended...

HG Pennypacker

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
a cup for kicking a ball good matters more in the grand scheme of things?

sh*t i'd hate to be one of your kids
* off and get down off the high horse. I’m saying he was there to play football and he delivered. I’m saying life isn’t a popularity contest. I also said maybe he was a campaigner and will be judged by those that actually knew him not morons on a forum

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
fu** off and get down off the high horse. I’m saying he was there to play football and he delivered. I’m saying life isn’t a popularity contest. I also said maybe he was a campaigner and will be judged by those that actually knew him not morons on a forum

no, you said ' wouldn’t have a clue if he is a total campaigner '. I dont see the word maybe in there.

i like how morons on a forum kinda rhymes though

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood really messed up after the 2018 Grand Final.

The Beams deal and now losing Treloar after signing him to a Hail Mary contract were horrible pieces of list management that are going to impact the club for a long period of time.
So losing one player who got loads of possession but butchered the ball massively and losing another player who hasn't played we are doooooomed. I think we can safely say we will finish above Carlton again

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
So losing one player who got loads of possession but butchered the ball massively and losing another player who hasn't played we are doooooomed. I think we can safely say we will finish above Carlton again

I doubt it. This is culture killing stuff, and losing out of your best players is never ideal. No quality key forwards either.

I’m expecting a slide out of the 8 next season.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
fu** off and get down off the high horse. I’m saying he was there to play football and he delivered. I’m saying life isn’t a popularity contest. I also said maybe he was a campaigner and will be judged by those that actually knew him not morons on a forum
You can win a premiership and not be a campaigner, they’re not mutually exclusive.

Back