News Dayne Beams retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
What a disaster the trade was for Collingwood. Much like with the Gibbs deal, selling the farm for the player that you think will put you over the top often doesn't work out.
Could mount an argument that the trade back to Collingwood is one of the worst of the modern era

Problem is he has done a Jason Akermanis and is now pretty much not well liked by either club he played for.

I've got no issues with him. I figured he had about two years left in him when we traded him but thought it would be the shoulder that forced him to finish his career early. He was a great player (in a lacklustre team) during his time at the Lions and we got more than fair value for him when he left so he's okay in my book.

Good riddence.

Beams reads Bigfooty as he is a self obsessed, selfish, dishonest man.

Good luck in the future you will need it.

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
1606324443350.png

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
a cup for kicking a ball good matters more in the grand scheme of things?

sh*t i'd hate to be one of your kids

It is when you get paid a shitload of money to kick a ball around.

If you work in civil engineering you and your mates pat each other on the back when you design a great sewage system but I only care the s**t gets flushed.

Rate the value of the job as you want but we all know deep down nobody else really gives a * what you do unless it’s high profile then they give too many *s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Great player and good to watch. Sadly his legacy a bit tarnished I think most will remember him for the stuff in the past 2 years.

Collingwood really messed up after the 2018 Grand Final.

The Beams deal and now losing Treloar after signing him to a Hail Mary contract were horrible pieces of list management that are going to impact the club for a long period of time.
And do you think any heads will roll over these bungles?

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
It is when you get paid a shitload of money to kick a ball around.

If you work in civil engineering you and your mates pat each other on the back when you design a great sewage system but I only care the sh*t gets flushed.

Rate the value of the job as you want but we all know deep down nobody else really gives a fu** what you do unless it’s high profile then they give too many fu**s

paying dayne beams out is the equivalent of the s**t getting flushed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back