Rumour Dayne Beams set to “retire”

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on. How much of Beams mental illness is directly attributed to his own decisions. We are all accountable for our actions, realising that isnt "mental health" its a wake up call. Everyone goes through rough patches, all of a sudden every rough patch people go through is "mental health".

Easily the most overused words in society atm. People think any negative emotion like sadness, nerves, anger etc is "mental health". It isnt, people have these emotions every single day, youre not special or "depressed", learn how to deal with it ffs.

News stories of teenagers suffering from "mental health" over the "climate crisis". Give me a ******* spell. Stop pandering to this nonsense, some people actually do just have to pull their socks up. Takes away from the genuine MH cases...

Who are you to claim what doesnt effect you wouldnt effect someone else differently?

You claim Beams actions are his own and therefore he deserves no sympathy...is it not possible the trouble hes gotten himself into (whatever it may be, none of us know for sure) are outcomes of him dealing with the pressures of trying to succeed in a high stress environment?

Do we really think being an AFL sportsman is all sunshine and roses? Do they not have strict quotas to reach? Do they not have strict diets, regimes, travel schedules, media requirements, so on and so forth? Always in the back of their mind that an injury or dip on performance could seriously hinder their future?

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm guessing that he will get a negotiated payout from the Pies for 50 cents in the dollar and then mysteriously, two of his paintings will sell for a shitload

I bet he does a shitload of sportsman nights with Swanny to pay back the bikies who will be at the door collecting the the entry fee

I bet he does a shitload of sportsman nights with Swanny to pay back the bikies who will be at the door collecting the the entry fee

Swan stopped doing them with him early last year.

No Pies player will do anything with him publicly.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
This ain't China mate !
Are you aware that there are liberal state governments in Australia that are drafting legislation to criminalise peaceful protests? We're not all we're cracked up to be. Democracy in Australia is more illusion than reality. We can't even organise a response to climate change even though the vast majority of Australians support it. If you compare us to a countries like the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, etc we're in the stone age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

incog43

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Who are you to claim what doesnt effect you wouldnt effect someone else differently?

You claim Beams actions are his own and therefore he deserves no sympathy...is it not possible the trouble hes gotten himself into (whatever it may be, none of us know for sure) are outcomes of him dealing with the pressures of trying to succeed in a high stress environment?

Do we really think being an AFL sportsman is all sunshine and roses? Do they not have strict quotas to reach? Do they not have strict diets, regimes, travel schedules, media requirements, so on and so forth? Always in the back of their mind that an injury or dip on performance could seriously hinder their future?

I don't think he said he deserves no sympathy. He did well in a high stress environment, made lots of money, and we have an idea what came next...

Beams owns his actions and the issues he currently faces, all of them.

Tell me, do you think being a dishwasher is all sunshine and roses? Trying to pay the rent, feeding your family, now that's stress, living on a shoestring trying to provide for your loved ones. Plenty of people do it, they do it everyday.

Beams created his problems, now lets see him sort them out, it may be as simple as focusing on his family and health, and I hope it works for him.

Do tell me though, why does he deserve our sympathy?

incog43

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Are you aware that there are liberal state governments in Australia that are drafting legislation to criminalise peaceful protests? We're not all we're cracked up to be. Democracy in Australia is more illusion than reality. We can't even organise a response to climate change even though the vast majority of Australians support it. If you compare us to a countries like the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, etc we're in the stone age.

The vast majority of Australians certainly didn't support climate change as an issue in the last federal election, did that just pass you by?

SpInNeR

All Australian
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool, Avalanche
Spot on. How much of Beams mental illness is directly attributed to his own decisions. We are all accountable for our actions, realising that isnt "mental health" its a wake up call. Everyone goes through rough patches, all of a sudden every rough patch people go through is "mental health".

Easily the most overused words in society atm. People think any negative emotion like sadness, nerves, anger etc is "mental health". It isnt, people have these emotions every single day, youre not special or "depressed", learn how to deal with it ffs.

News stories of teenagers suffering from "mental health" over the "climate crisis". Give me a ******* spell. Stop pandering to this nonsense, some people actually do just have to pull their socks up. Takes away from the genuine MH cases...

Lucky for society, they can contact you to work out if a case is genuine or not.

Whinger.

Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't think he said he deserves no sympathy. He did well in a high stress environment, made lots of money, and we have an idea what came next...

Tell me, do you think being a dishwasher is all sunshine and roses? Trying to pay the rent, feeding your family, now that's stress, living on a shoestring trying to provide for your loved ones. Plenty of people do it, they do it everyday.

Beams created his problems, now lets see him sort them out, it may be as simple as focusing on his family and health, and I hope it works for him.

Because the opposite is contempt. If you are here, reading and commenting on Beams then it's one of the two. If you didnt care, you just wouldnt be here. The bloke is clearly troubled, and I doubt there is anyone here he has actually 'hurt', and in fact he only seems to have hurt himself. How can you not feel sorry for a bloke with the world at his feet, who stuffed it one way or another due to something that doesnt fire right in his brain. We are all stupid people who need improvement. Let's hope each other gets it, and hope that others want it for ourselves too.
This is a shits and giggles rumour board. Let's not forget humanity.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its this kind of attitude which is why so many sufferers (especially men) find it so hard to speak up, and normally suffer in silence until it gets too much and something gives. They're afraid if they come out and say they are depressed, people like you will say "ffs it's just a rough patch, everyone feels sad harden the fu** up" and that makes it so much worse.

You are the reason so many people are applauded as brave recently when they publicly state they are battling depression or mental health issues...

I think pretty much every adult individually knows the difference between every day nerves and sadness compared to a huge blank void draining every ounce of happiness and energy from your being..
Im not questioning the severity of ones issues. Im saying we, as a society used to be so much more resilient. Now people are far too quick to say "mental health" where it's used as an excuse in many cases.

Im not saying 50% of people arent depressed, im saying that 50% are hypochondriacs. Believing they are which gets them down. We are pandering and overdiagnosing this issue.

People are also using "mental health" for cover on their bad behaviour or decisions. They know theyve done wrong but this is sort of a get out of jail free card atm. Gary Lyon a good example of this...

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

The fact that he’s giving away footy altogether should tell you that he’s got seriously real mental health problems.

If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to say.

I don’t even like the bloke but far out talk about an absolutely garbage post.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
The vast majority of Australians certainly didn't support climate change as an issue in the last federal election, did that just pass you by?
Oh, that's just because we're stupid and selfish. We know there is a climate change emergency, but we're stupid and selfish enough to think we will get some sort of action on climate change from any government, but we'll also get the promised economic boom that liberal governments always promise - even though the money never actually lands in the pockets of average Australians. We are pretty much the most politically stupid populace in the world - probably even more than the US.

incog43

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Because the opposite is contempt. If you are here, reading and commenting on Beams then it's one of the two. If you didnt care, you just wouldnt be here. The bloke is clearly troubled, and I doubt there is anyone here he has actually 'hurt', and in fact he only seems to have hurt himself. How can you not feel sorry for a bloke with the world at his feet, who stuffed it one way or another due to something that doesnt fire right in his brain. We are all stupid people who need improvement. Let's hope each other gets it, and hope that others want it for ourselves too.
This is a shits and giggles rumour board. Let's not forget humanity.

What on earth does the opposite of sympathy being contempt have to do with it? You just made that up. One does not have to care to comment or have an opinion. Nobody suggested he has hurt anybody, but then he has hasn't he, he has hurt himself and the ones he loves most, by his own actions. I do not have to feel sorry for him at all, he made his own decisions, he made bad decisions, there are consequences, a lot of people deal with these every day, should we feel sorry for all of them? By the way, we are not all stupid, though I concede we may all make mistakes.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh, that's just because we're stupid and selfish. We know there is a climate change emergency, but we're stupid and selfish enough to think we will get some sort of action on climate change from any government, but we'll also get the promised economic boom that liberal governments always promise - even though the money never actually lands in the pockets of average Australians. We are pretty much the most politically stupid populace in the world - probably even more than the US.
Hang on, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

incog43

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Carlton

Who is "WE"? See, what you actually mean is, YOU. I am not stupid or selfish, are you?

The cult of the perpetually offended grows every day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back