getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Don't know about the credibility of it sorry.

Main thing right now for Beams is getting himself right mentally and getting a strong support network around him, far from anything footy.

Does anyone know if he has anything to fall back on. Did he study or work during his first stint at Collingwood?

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea

Main thing right now for Beams is getting himself right mentally and getting a strong support network around him, far from anything footy.

Does anyone know if he has anything to fall back on. Did he study or work during his first stint at Collingwood?

Bad Tattoo Consultant maybe - is that a career ??

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Dayne Beams and punting go together like a horse and carriage. Loves the punt. Loves it. Absolute pig for it. Doesn't matter what it is, put a market on it and he'll have a punt. Horses- he'll punt on it. Dogs- punt on it. Coin toss- * it, why not. Give us a "pineapple" on heads and a "gallah" on tails. Horse is scratched? Whatever- just give us something with hoofs and I'll chuck it on the multi. Got to be in it to win it!

******* Loves punting does Beams. Absolutely loves it.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC

Does anyone know if he has anything to fall back on.
Did he study or work during his first stint at Collingwood?
No it isn't.
The important thing is that he doesn't mislead his club. He doesn't owe us, or anyone else any explanations, just his club.
If its gambling so be it. Surely he knows that it has become a cliché that a gambling addict will play the mental heath card every time. People are cynical for very good reason.
If he's suffering depression, once again just be honest with his club. If he cant play he cant play. That problem should not be transferred or palmed off to become his clubs problem.
If his body is shot and his head is shot and he;s a gambling addict, just retire and don't be a burden on others.
AFL clubs are not a charity. They pay well for one thing...performance. Don't perform...go away.

Dayne Beams and punting go together like a horse and carriage. Loves the punt. Loves it. Absolute pig for it. Doesn't matter what it is, put a market on it and he'll have a punt. Horses- he'll punt on it. Dogs- punt on it. Coin toss- fu** it, why not. Give us a "pineapple" on heads and a galla on tails. Horse is scratched? Whatever- just give us something with hoofs and I'll chuck it on the multi. Got to be in it to win it!

******* Loves punting does Beams. Absolutely loves it.
What are you trying to say?

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
What are you trying to say?
Some people enjoy a day at the races- Melbourne Cup, Caulfield Cup, whatever it is. Have a few drinks, spot a couple of celebs, throw a few "Bradmans" at the bookies. Harmless way to pass a bit of time.

Other people invest a bit more into it- call it a hobby if you will. Listen to "The Odds Couple" on SEN, visit the punting board on bigfooty, sign up to the SportsBet e-mails and head straight to the racing section in the weekend's Herald-Sun. I know a couple of people who fancy themselves as connoisseurs: they've even taken out multiple bank accounts to maximise their wagers on SportsBet, BetEasy, Ladbrokes, Bet365...

... and then there's pigs like Dayne Beams. Legitimately can't get enough of the punt. Love it. Live for it. Dayne's on a first name basis with the bartenders at the Harp of Erin, even though he rarely buys a drink. He's got a stool with his name on it- can stay there as long as he wants, because the staff know how much he loves the nags on the TV and having a punt. He'd stay there day and night if he could, but if the Harp's closed, just check the alleys on High St. I've caught him running games of Two Up there, even when it's not ANZAC Day. I heard his kids are named Ruby and Carter because his wife said no to Diamonds and Spades- doesn't mind the odd game of blackjack at all does Beasmy. As long as you can put money on it, win money on it, and lose money on it, Dayne's into it. Lives it, breathes it. When I leave the house I check I've got my phone, wallet and keys. My boy Beamsy taps his pockets for the form guide and a packet of cards.

Bumped into Dayne at the last Springsteen concert in Melbourne, had a bit of chit-chat. I said "I hope the Boss plays State Trooper tonight!" and Beamsy said: "What are the odds on that?". I thought it was a joke at the time, then he said to me "Just give me Roll of the Dice and I'll be a happy man!". Ripping bloke is Dayne, ripping bloke. Must have won his tickets to the show, Beamsy. Or got a freebie from one of his bookie mates. You can't be out spending money on concert tickets when you could have a punt on the dogs, the horses, the tables, the cards...

If it's a race, a cup, a flag or a game, match, set or sport, Dayne's put a dollar on it. Just give it a market and he'll have a crack.

Can confirm this is 100% true- the reason Dayne's retiring from AFL is so he can have a punt on it. No other reason.

Loves a punt does Dayne Beams... absolutely loves it.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Some people enjoy a day at the races- Melbourne Cup, Caulfield Cup, whatever it is. Have a few drinks, spot a couple of celebs, throw a few "Bradmans" at the bookies. Harmless way to pass a bit of time.

Other people invest a bit more into it- call it a hobby if you will. Listen to "The Odds Couple" on SEN, visit the punting board on bigfooty, sign up to the SportsBet e-mails and head straight to the racing section in the weekend's Herald-Sun. I know a couple of people who fancy themselves as connoisseurs: they've even taken out multiple bank accounts to maximise their wagers on SportsBet, BetEasy, Ladbrokes, Bet365...

... and then there's pigs like Dayne Beams. Legitimately can't get enough of the punt. Love it. Live for it. Dayne's on a first name basis with the bartenders at the Harp of Erin, even though he rarely buys a drink. He's got a stool with his name on it- can stay there as long as he wants, because the staff know how much he loves the nags on the TV and having a punt. He'd stay there day and night if he could, but if the Harp's closed, just check the alleys on High St. I've caught him running games of Two Up there, even when it's not ANZAC Day. I heard his kids are named Ruby and Carter because his wife said no to Diamonds and Spades- doesn't mind the odd game of blackjack at all does Beasmy. As long as you can put money on it, win money on it, and lose money on it, Dayne's into it. Lives it, breathes it. When I leave the house I check I've got my phone, wallet and keys. My boy Beamsy taps his pockets for the form guide and a packet of cards.

Bumped into Dayne at the last Springsteen concert in Melbourne, had a bit of chit-chat. I said "I hope the Boss plays State Trooper tonight!" and Beamsy said: "What are the odds on that?". I thought it was a joke at the time, then he said to me "Just give me Roll of the Dice and I'll be a happy man!". Ripping bloke is Dayne, ripping bloke. Must have won his tickets to the show, Beamsy. Or got a freebie from one of his bookie mates. You can't be out spending money on concert tickets when you could have a punt on the dogs, the horses, the tables, the cards...

If it's a race, a cup, a flag or a game, match, set or sport, Dayne's put a dollar on it. Just give it a market and he'll have a crack.

Can confirm this is 100% true- the reason Dayne's retiring from AFL is so he can have a punt on it. No other reason.

So are you suggesting he is partial to the odd punt?

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

I absolutely admire the effort that went into this post. Actually gave me a bit of a giggle. Especially the bit about the kids names.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
So are you suggesting he is partial to the odd punt?
What, Dayne Beams? The Dayne Beams who plays for the Collingwood football club... that Dayne Beams? Partial to the odd punt you say?

Mate.

That's what I'm trying to tell everyone- the guy loves the punt. He lives for it. He's a pig for it. I swear he was at my local takeaway asking for "Black Caviar", poor girl at the counter was like "Sorry mate, we don't do fancy foods here, we're just a Hungry Jacks!". He probably thought he was still at the TAB! He loves betting mate, he loves it. Seen more betting slips than Mick Jagger's seen ****, Beams has.

Bingo, keno, craps, cards, roulette, races. Doesn't matter what it is. If there's a penny to win or a penny to lose, Dayne's in for a dollar. No doubt about it. He's probably on the punt right now. Where else would he be?!?!

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
What, Dayne Beams? The Dayne Beams who plays for the Collingwood football club... that Dayne Beams? Partial to the odd punt you say?

Mate.

That's what I'm trying to tell everyone- the guy loves the punt. He lives for it. He's a pig for it. I swear he was at my local takeaway asking for "Black Caviar", poor girl at the counter was like "Sorry mate, we don't do fancy foods here, we're just a Hungry Jacks!". He probably thought he was still at the TAB! He loves betting mate, he loves it. Seen more betting slips than Mick Jagger's seen ****, Beams has.

Bingo, keno, craps, cards, roulette, races. Doesn't matter what it is. If there's a penny to win or a penny to lose, Dayne's in for a dollar. No doubt about it. He's probably on the punt right now. Where else would he be?!?!
Legendary.

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood

Mate.

Now, now - unless you confirm this is 100% true, I'm not betting on this.

John Brooks

Rookie
Apr 9, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If i was Dayne Beams i would take out an invention order for stalking him he seems to know all about him that is TOUMP ASS.I am wondering see he know him so well if he could get some tips from him so i know what horses to lay willing to pay for the information just want another edge on the punt.I bet london to a brick i will never hear from TOUMP ASS.

Back