Rumour Dayne Beams set to “retire”

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne Beams and punting go together like a horse and carriage. Loves the punt. Loves it. Absolute pig for it. Doesn't matter what it is, put a market on it and he'll have a punt. Horses- he'll punt on it. Dogs- punt on it. Coin toss- fu** it, why not. Give us a "pineapple" on heads and a "gallah" on tails. Horse is scratched? Whatever- just give us something with hoofs and I'll chuck it on the multi. Got to be in it to win it!

******* Loves punting does Beams. Absolutely loves it.
Is he still going to Harp just wondering
Dayne Beams and punting go together like a horse and carriage. Loves the punt. Loves it. Absolute pig for it. Doesn't matter what it is, put a market on it and he'll have a punt. Horses- he'll punt on it. Dogs- punt on it. Coin toss- fu** it, why not. Give us a "pineapple" on heads and a "gallah" on tails. Horse is scratched? Whatever- just give us something with hoofs and I'll chuck it on the multi. Got to be in it to win it!

******* Loves punting does Beams. Absolutely loves it.

After the year of depression that I just got over - I will NEVER, ever, ever, ever be that dickhead that ever questions anything about anyone's mental health. If he needs to walk away - and it will actually help him; I really hope it goes well and he can move forward.

After the year of depression that I just got over - I will NEVER, ever, ever, ever be that dickhead that ever questions anything about anyone's mental health. If he needs to walk away - and it will actually help him; I really hope it goes well and he can move forward.
Sometimes life can throw you curve ball after nut shot ... feel you mate , hope 2020 is a much better one for you . This year has sucked the fat one !!!

Sometimes life can throw you curve ball after nut shot ... feel you mate , hope 2020 is a much better one for you . This year has sucked the fat one !!!

Legend mate! Thanks heaps.

I've been the idiot in the past that thought people's mental health was their own fault and weakness! I'm glad that I got hit with 2019... it sucked, the life sucked, the medication sucked - but I now understand a lot more about it and have an empathy that just wasn't there before!

Hope you have a wicked 2020 champ! Even if your 2019 was great, hope 2020 is even better!

Legend mate! Thanks heaps.

I've been the idiot in the past that thought people's mental health was their own fault and weakness! I'm glad that I got hit with 2019... it sucked, the life sucked, the medication sucked - but I now understand a lot more about it and have an empathy that just wasn't there before!

Hope you have a wicked 2020 champ! Even if your 2019 was great, hope 2020 is even better!
Good on ya bud ... sometimes when you have everything including yourself stripped right back to the core , a kinder less judgemental point of view comes into frame . You are left with nothing more than what is truly important in life .

Clearly you have a good grasp on that and as you put your previous actions and thoughts up front and in the foreground , better times are coming .

All the best bruv !

It’s funny, having a wife and son who’ve both gone through depression I’ve also come to the same realisation. Before that I couldn’t understand how debilitating and draining it could be and didn’t have a good grasp on how serious a condition it is.

Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dayne ‘Oi luv yooz orl and aint goin anywhere’ Beams? Next minute, requests a trade to Collingwood. Yep massive fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but they then won on second deal

Well Beamer hasn't come out and said he is retiring or hasn't advised the club he has no intentions of playing any football in 2020, for all we know he may well return to training after Xmas.
I think we need to cool the jets and stop jumping to conclusions that Beams will never play footy again. We can leave the scuttlebutt and rumours to the media.

Well Beamer hasn't come out and said he is retiring or hasn't advised the club he has no intentions of playing any football in 2020, for all we know he may well return to training after Xmas.
I think we need to cool the jets and stop jumping to conclusions that Beams will never play footy again. We can leave the scuttlebutt and rumours to the media.

You're on the rumours board?

Fair enough

Can afford to 'retire'? Walked out of a front loaded contract at Brisbane after taking the money and running to a 4 year deal at Collingwood for allegedly less money. Was reported at the time he would still have earnt $500k at Brisbane but the Collingwood contract is less $$$ but more years. This is no doubt now his last payday from footy, if he has blown most of what he has earnt be hard to see him doing a Tom Boyd and giving up the cash.

Indefinite leave (in the words of the club) implies that there is no end in sight. I'd be stunned if he ever returned to the club let alone played another game.

No way he is retiring been spotted on the track doing some run throughs. Obviously he is in for a lot of coin I would assume that's a large part of the reason he landed back at Collingwood re-negotiate the package. Coming off a front ended Brisbane deal probably not a Brad hill level cash in but incentives for sure.

Has a family to support end of story really football doesn't last forever and I'm not sure the media route or coaching is for him. Could be but my feeling is on field earnings are going to be extremely important. If those are his primary drives the next few years I think he will be o.k whilst he is playing.

End of the day from a supporters perspective hopefully he gets on the park and contributes for the pies they really need him to go that extra step further. Wish the lad all the best

Good point about the money. Assuming he’s neck deep into the gambling as the rumours suggest, he probably doesn’t have much left and would need a couple of good years to get back on his feet again.

Good point about the money. Assuming he’s neck deep into the gambling as the rumours suggest, he probably doesn’t have much left and would need a couple of good years to get back on his feet again.

Gambling is just a small part he is a very dishonest, disliked person.

Last edited:
Is this the worst trade this century? He is finished and Collingwood have coughed up big time for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back