Rumour Dayne Beams steps away from footy for mental health reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised but I felt a bit differently about it for a few reasons.

As an outsider I’m not aware of any reason to question Warne’s decisison making whereas with Beams I’d be concerned his decision making is negatively impacted by his illness and he may regret the decision some day.

Also Warne has often and publically stated that he never really bought into the spiritual narrative the baggy green has which was largely started by Steve Waugh. At the start of Warne’s career it was just a hat and the symbolism has since grown significantly. Warne has often said he was embarrassed by the way Steve Waugh carried on about the importance of the hat; preferred to wear a floppy hat and hated Steve’s rule that the baggy green had to be worn in the first fielding session of a test. In short, I don’t think Shane sees the baggy green with the same revernace as others and has decided he can live without it.

Fear Beams will regret his call.
Warne hated Waugh so would’ve hated anything he suggested.

Warne hated Waugh so would’ve hated anything he suggested.

Correct Waugh pretty much turned Warne off regarding the baggy green.

Correct Waugh pretty much turned Warne off regarding the baggy green.
Pfft never ceases to amaze me how apparently intelligent people will fork out thousands for inanimate, useless objects, like a stupid CAP supposedly worn by a celebrity. I suppose they're wealthy and were going to donate anyway.

Pfft never ceases to amaze me how apparently intelligent people will fork out thousands for inanimate, useless objects, like a stupid CAP supposedly worn by a celebrity. I suppose they're wealthy and were going to donate anyway.

Pretty cool piece to own to be honest.

If I was wealthy I’d buy it, a good cause and S.K Warne maybe known as celebrity to the new gen but he was,is and probably will be the greatest cricket player I’ll see in my life time
A true magician a joy to watch

Come on whats the real story why Dayne gave away his medallion???????? Has to be more to this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turns out Collingwood and Eddy have bought it for 27k, I assume it'll be handed back and the money goes to the fires.
Going into the holden centre where people can view it. I imagine it will be given back to him at some point. Its the perfect outcome. Wouldn't mean anything to anyone else. Be nice to look at, but I wouldn't feel right owning something that someone earned.

What a total waste of money and picks Beams has turned out to be, screwed Collingwood hard and feathered his own little nest......

What a total waste of money and picks Beams has turned out to be, screwed Collingwood hard and feathered his own little nest......

No one has screwed themselves more then Beams but I agree waste of picks.

I wonder if McGuire decided to buy it to ensure the funds raised went to the correct authorities.

it was done through an auction house. so funds always would end up at the right place.
however, that wasn't the original process, he original said on insta to DM him best offer.
clearly, someone got in his ear and said use Lloyds. (Warnie is using pickles)

Last edited:
Turns out Collingwood and Eddy have bought it for 27k, I assume it'll be handed back and the money goes to the fires.

This is not a surprise in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back