Rumour Dayne Beams steps away from footy for mental health reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beeg you seem to have some inside mail based on some of your posts. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Have a read of the Beams thread on the Pies board.

Just seen him on Instagram selling his 2010 prem medal??
I know it’s for an extremely good cause but surely he can do something else?

selling his medal made me cringe a little. I get it's for a good cause, but just give the money bro, or sell your shoes or gernsey or something. That medal is for you and your family for generations. You really don't need to do that.
I agree

selling his medal made me cringe a little. I get it's for a good cause, but just give the money bro, or sell your shoes or gernsey or something. That medal is for you and your family for generations. You really don't need to do that.
I understand what he's trying to do, but I agree 100% - he'll regret it for the rest of his life.

Just seen him on Instagram selling his 2010 prem medal??
I know it’s for an extremely good cause but surely he can do something else?

My first thought was his illness is impacting his decision making. Don’t do it Dayne, nice thought but just throw some cash in the pot and give your medal to your kids.

Regardless of whether he has his medal in his possession or not he is still a premiership player. It won’t change a thing. In many cases they just get stored away in drawers or cupboards and people never look at them. They still get talked about as premiership player no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL as if he'd give the money for the bushfires, you're ******* kidding me!

A bit surprised he still has his premiership medal tbh... he still owes me a pineapple and I know for a FACT he's got a few bigger debts than that!

Jobe should auction off his brownlow it would go for tons
like those coins that get stuffed up at the mint that some how make it into circulation

That’s devious auctioning off his green baggy cap but keeping his baggy green cap
He'd probably have dozens of each including a few he's never warn(e). I wonder how many premiership medals Beams has...,

shane warne is auctioning off his green baggy cap...interesting to hear what you people
say about that

I was surprised but I felt a bit differently about it for a few reasons.

As an outsider I’m not aware of any reason to question Warne’s decisison making whereas with Beams I’d be concerned his decision making is negatively impacted by his illness and he may regret the decision some day.

Also Warne has often and publically stated that he never really bought into the spiritual narrative the baggy green has which was largely started by Steve Waugh. At the start of Warne’s career it was just a hat and the symbolism has since grown significantly. Warne has often said he was embarrassed by the way Steve Waugh carried on about the importance of the hat; preferred to wear a floppy hat and hated Steve’s rule that the baggy green had to be worn in the first fielding session of a test. In short, I don’t think Shane sees the baggy green with the same revernace as others and has decided he can live without it.

Fear Beams will regret his call.

My first thought was his illness is impacting his decision making. Don’t do it Dayne, nice thought but just throw some cash in the pot and give your medal to your kids.

Pretty much my first thought.

He's obviously not in the best place and overcompensating by making a huge gesture in the hope it'll help him find a bit of relief.

He'd be much better served (given he's spending time away from footy) helping those in need by heading down to the affected areas and doing whatever he can to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back