Player Watch Dayne Beams - Steps away from footy to deal with mental health.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your crazy !! He kicked 60+ goals with no pre season and only 26 years old on $950k a year

get real mate
Check em all out from Carey to Cloke, you just saw his best

I think there are a fair few misconceptions on this thread:
- stress (what everybody experiences, often gets better after a good sleep or a weekend of rest) versus mental illness (mind in loss of control, perpetuating, diagnosed by GP/psychologist/psychiatrist).

- mental illness isn’t something you can just lie about easily. It often is observable not only through mental health workers, but also by friends, families and colleagues.

- addiction is one trigger for mental illness, but often in reality addiction is not the sole cause for mental illness eg. Physical illness, bereavement etc.

I don’t know much about the Beams situation, but I hope he gets the right sort of help. How much it stuffed up with the Brisbane-Pies contract is an entirely separate debate.

Bleeding the likes of Goldsack and Sam Murray has totally destroyed the list
Agree, really it was Keeffe's delisting that was the true fatal move by the Pies of recent seasons, not Beams.

And who could blame them?
doesn't get game in years, delisted, then 2 years later almost literally stops their KPF touching the ball in a prelim and costs the Pies their 2019 season. Amazing story.

Beams' recent "indefinite break" was announced via club statement. He would have absolutely been coached in what to say and what not to say.

I saw Beams on Fox with Neroli Meadows, I've got a lot of time for him. There's also been plenty of smoke around rumoured gambling debts being the driver for a move back to Collingwood and I am a complete cynic for club and AFL statements.
It must weigh on you, having all this knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back