Opinion Dayne Beams to Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fond memories of Beamsy playing for the Pies ...and fond memory of seeing him on stage at Goschs Paddock when the boys came out the next day after winning the 2010 cup. He had the shades on and still very topped up from the night before :D

Fond memories of Beamsy playing for the Pies ...and fond memory of seeing him on stage at Goschs Paddock when the boys came out the next day after winning the 2010 cup. He had the shades on and still very topped up from the night before :D
Can’t say I have fond memories of Beams in the days after the GF win. The allegations tainted the feeling of victory for me.

If he leaves Brisbane we would be the last club he would choose. He hates Collingwood and Buckley.

Ungrateful prat, along with Seedsman, Wellingham and Daisy. Think they are bigger than the club and owes them everything having tantrums about being pulled into line by Bucks after doing whatever they pleased under Mick.

He can stay at the Lions and waste away the rest of his career at the bottom of the ladder.

If he leaves Brisbane we would be the last club he would choose. He hates Collingwood and Buckley.

Ungrateful prat, along with Seedsman, Wellingham and Daisy. Think they are bigger than the club and owes them everything having tantrums about being pulled into line by Bucks after doing whatever they pleased under Mick.

He can stay at the Lions and waste away the rest of his career at the bottom of the ladder.
You want some chips with that salt?

I sense an irony in him returning to Collingwood given his staunch hold in Brisbane, but he wouldn't be the only player over the years who's attempted to make a comeback to the club. What I could predict if Beams had stayed at Collingwood, we would have contended for a premiership with the midfield loaded up with the likes of Beams, Pendles and Sidey in their prime, and an ageing Swan getting to run around for kicks without a tag.

The memories are vivid though, he's arguably the most ready made player we produced since Nathan Buckley arrived.

Just curious, It's been many years now since he left our revered club, and I think he has shown some development at Brisbane, at least from maturity. What would your reaction be if you read the above headline in the news in next years trade period and on that note, IF Dayna beams asked for a trade would club do you think would be keen to get someone like Dayne.

This all came to mind after seeing the conversation about Brisbane on the newest episode of AFL360.

I'm curious on what peoples opinion would be.
No. We don't need him.

I don’t think Beamer will return, but these type of free agent moves are going to become very common place. We need to make sure we are a destination club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah from what I remember Beams left on a some what sour note, not sure he holds the club in any special reverence like Chris Tarrant did who loved the club.
There is a rumour going around up here, he still hates our club, true or not l don’t know. But l am thinking it’s likely

There is a rumour going around up here, he still hates our club, true or not l don’t know. But l am thinking it’s likely

He copped some almighty abuse from supporters when he left back then people didn't believe his Dad was terminal so got into him.

His reply to a supporter who tweeted that he would drop beams off to the airport personally was: he'd hang him out the window by the neck on the way! or words to that effect!

Not sure there is much love between Buckley and Beams either fairly certain Beams fell on the "Daisy Thomas" side of coaching debate.

Good Footballer, not a star for mine and we have a lot of good and emerging mids in our squad. Not sure he'd be best fit available for our list at the moment to be honest and if that's the case then I'd let go of any sentimentality and just say pass.

In what universe would Beams want to return? In what universe would we want him back? More bridges got burnt that offseason than in the German retreat to the Rhine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back