Rumour "Dayne Beams to Essendon" - Tom Morris, 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sistine Chapel looked like crap too until it was finished.
Short of resurrecting Michelangelo I don't hold out much hope for an artistic masterpiece appearing on that torso anytime soon.

We'd need Parish and a pick thanks.

Have fun dealing with Essendon, they are known as very fair traders.... bit of karma payback for the way you guys carried on during the Beams trade talks.

Parish is untouchable, in fact the whole Essendon list is untouchable.

Have fun dealing with Essendon, they are known as very fair traders.... bit of karma payback for the way you guys carried on during the Beams trade talks.

Parish is untouchable, in fact the whole Essendon list is untouchable.

Ok.

I mean I hear Collingwood fans complaining about de goey and crisp alllll the time aye.

This move seems bizarre given how much of a furore he raised when he moved to Brisbane in the first place.

If you know his personal background it’s far less bizarre.
Partner and all her family are from Victoria (out Ferntree Gully way iirc) including a mentally challenged brother.
Moved back to QLD to be with his father who unfortunately passed, so doesn’t have the same reasons to be up there anymore.
Didn’t like Bucks so probably won’t go back to Collingwood. IMO Melbourne or Richmond would be a good fit with their list profiles if Beams was happy to (presumably) take a bit of a pay cut.

If you know his personal background it’s far less bizarre.
Partner and all her family are from Victoria (out Ferntree Gully way iirc) including a mentally challenged brother.
Moved back to QLD to be with his father who unfortunately passed, so doesn’t have the same reasons to be up there anymore.
Didn’t like Bucks so probably won’t go back to Collingwood. IMO Melbourne or Richmond would be a good fit with their list profiles if Beams was happy to (presumably) take a bit of a pay cut.

His contract was front loaded so if traded I imagine he will come out better off financially as he has already got the largest chunk of the dollars we contracted him for.

Will be peeved if he leaves and we don't get a ready made replacement - our kids are developing but we need the mature heads for another year or two.

His contract was front loaded so if traded I imagine he will come out better off financially as he has already got the largest chunk of the dollars we contracted him for.

Will be peeved if he leaves and we don't get a ready made replacement - our kids are developing but we need the mature heads for another year or two.
Would be a bit of dogs act if he left IMO, i'd just hold firm and say the only way you're going back to Melbourne is if you retire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris said it earlier on 3aw. Murmurings that Beams wants to come back to Melbourne

Definitely heading back to Melbourne, one of his wife’s parents is sick so she is returning to be with her/him, the reason Beams went to QLD was cos his dad in QLD was sick and his Wife follow him in support so Beams is returning the favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back