Traded Dayne Beams [traded with #41 and #43 to Collingwood for #18, #56 and future 1st round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you just call DeGoey a KPF?
How do you define a KPF?

DeGoey is a brilliant lead and mark, is insanely strong one on one and happily plays from the goal square.

He is 191cm and 90+kg

Jack Riewoldt the Coleman medalist is 193cm...is he a KPF?

Dunstall and Ablett were they KPFs, despite both being under 190cm?

Last edited:
How do you define a KPF?

DeGoey is a brilliant lead and mark, is insanely strong one on one and happily plays from the goal square.

He is 191cm and 90+kg

Key position forward like the name suggests is a positive not a way of measuring how big a player is.

De Goey plays deep forward as a 1 on 1 marking target, and has demolished the likes of Rance, who is a key defender.

De Goey has certainly played as a KPF for us this year in the finals and I look forward to seeing him kick 55+ goals next year.

For him to say his heart was always with Collingwood ten seconds after being traded back is a bit of a kick in the guts! Not only didn’t thank Brisbane but thanked Collingwood for letting him go to Brisbane 4 years ago. Ah well, what’s done is done.
As they were finishing the interview, instead of saying bye, he spoke for an additional 30 seconds thanking the BLFC.

A bold acquisition by Collingwood. All-in on the immediate future, which I guess is to be expected when you've just made a GF and have Pendlebury approaching the twilight of his career. It does move the window forward to right now, though, doesn't it? After four years out of the finals, you might have thought Collingwood would see themselves on a more gradual upward trajectory. But trading out two first-rounders suggests that, nope, it's go time. Good for them, I say. However, it is bold, given Beams will be 29 in February. WC just won a flag and I can't think of a single player aged 28-29 I'd want to trade out two first-rounders to recruit. Dangerfield would probably be the closest.

A bold acquisition by Collingwood. All-in on the immediate future, which I guess is to be expected when you've just made a GF and have Pendlebury approaching the twilight of his career. It does move the window forward to right now, though, doesn't it? After four years out of the finals, you might have thought Collingwood would see themselves on a more gradual upward trajectory. But trading out two first-rounders suggests that, nope, it's go time. Good for them, I say. However, it is bold, given Beams will be 29 in February. WC just won a flag and I can't think of a single player aged 28-29 I'd want to trade out two first-rounders to recruit. Dangerfield would probably be the closest.
If Steele nominated a move to another club and we only got Pick 18 and a future first that's likely to be somewhere between 10 and 20, I'd be livid.

Same size as Darling

I'd argue he's not a KPF - mostly because his style is more that of a marking medium sized forward. The way he plays forward is similar to the other gun midfielders like Martin, Dangerfield and Parker. His size reinforces that perception.
Either way he's a gun forward and if he played forward the entire season may be capable of winning a Coleman.

We traded 2 firsts for Beams and Qaynor.

Thats not selling the farm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue he's not a KPF - mostly because his style is more that of a marking medium sized forward. The way he plays forward is similar to the other gun midfielders like Martin, Dangerfield and Parker. His size reinforces that perception.
Either way he's a gun forward and if he played forward the entire season may be capable of winning a Coleman.

He plays FF more like Ablett snr without standing on heads.

How do you define a KPF?

He is 191cm and 90+kg

Dunstall and Ablett were they KPFs, despite both being under 190cm?
He's a tweener. Not big enough to be key forward and not enough endurance to be a mid. Basically a poor man's thug version of ziebell

We traded 2 firsts for Beams and Qaynor.

Thats not selling the farm.

Check your points position across the next 2 drafts before you keep spouting that. A pick for Quaynor in the top 10 wipes out this year, Kelly would put you into debt next year... a year when you only have 700odd points based on this years ladder positions. Hope you don’t have anyone in the academy next year.

Beams, as good as he is, has really killed your draft flexibility. Big outlay to further strengthen a known strength....

Check your points position across the next 2 drafts before you keep spouting that. A pick for Quaynor in the top 10 wipes out this year, Kelly would put you into debt next year... a year when you only have 700odd points based on this years ladder positions. Hope you don’t have anyone in the academy next year.

Beams, as good as he is, has really killed your draft flexibility. Big outlay to further strengthen a known strength....

That’s a bit over blown. With the 20% discount any deficit carried over is likely to be minimal and comes off the back end of point carrying picks the next year.

Quaynor is likely to be bid on anywhere between 12 and 25 IMO. If a club was to nominate him earlier, I’m confident the pies wouldn’t match.

We also managed to secure the two main young Irish recruits as rookies this year too. This has flown under the radar a bit given the trade week overlap.

Both could turn out to be complete non-events, but they cost nothing and at 194cms and 198cms they have scope to be anything.

Seems like a fair deal in the end but I'd be pretty miffed if I was Brisbane.

Gave up picks 5 and 25 and Jack Crisp to get Beams, he's missed over a season of footy out of 4 with the Lions, they looked after him during a horrible period and then he bails back to the Pies. I can appreciate that Beams probably associates the Pies with a happier time in his footballing life but still a s**t sandwich for the Lions.

people with a better understanding of the 2019 draft and clubs academy / father sons pulled the trigger. I'll back the people getting a stack of money to know what they are doing.

some people rate Qaynor and Kelly as first round talents. Kelly shut down Lukousis in the carnival and Qaynor did the same to Rankine. So 2 firsts and some late picks for Beams and 2 young stars seems ok to me. Have a look at our list demographic and you'll see it is still young.

Bringing in a 29 year old midfielder for two first round picks is absolutely ludicrous. Collingwood dont need another midfielder. They have good mids and good depth. Absolutely baffles me. They're in need of key position players, not a 29 year old midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back