Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that there’s nothing out of the club or AFL yet
No, I imagine it needs to be ticked off from the AFL.. probably just a matter of days. But probably for all intents, its basically done. Probably over the next few days

Yep, was getting friends and teammates to buy him painkillers.
Endo is a prescription drug. Wouldn’t it have shown up on the players prescription records and the club been alerted?

If he had a full blown habit, scoring through friends and teammates would just not cut it in terms of supply. Far easier and reliable for him to get it through a dealer.

How was he “getting” players/friends to score for him? Did he have something over them or were they just the type of people who supply an addict? People paying out on Beams might want to consider what this says about the character of his teammates.

I don’t understand why drug tests didn’t pick up his use. I do understand why he had a good 2018 season: anyone would play better footy with a massive pain killer on board.

Endo is a prescription drug. Wouldn’t it have shown up on the players prescription records and the club been alerted?

If he had a full blown habit, scoring through friends and teammates would just not cut it in terms of supply. Far easier and reliable for him to get it through a dealer.

How was he “getting” players/friends to score for him? Did he have something over them or were they just the type of people who supply an addict? People paying out on Beams might want to consider what this says about the character of his teammates.

I don’t understand why drug tests didn’t pick up his use. I do understand why he had a good 2018 season: anyone would play better footy with a massive pain killer on board.
It’s “Endone” and playing with it wouldn’t make you play better unless it masked a painful injury. It impairs your decision making and responses, which is why it comes with a disclaimer not to operate machinery or make important life decisions while using it.

I am with you on this one. I don't understand how the players in particular would have been able to obtain Endone. It's hardly a drug that doctors prescribe to just anyone with an ache and pain.

It’s “Endone” and playing with it wouldn’t make you play better unless it masked a painful injury. It impairs your decision making and responses, which is why it comes with a disclaimer not to operate machinery or make important life decisions while using it.
Yeah, not going to argue too much on this one except that I have been hearing it called endo for years, guess we move in different circles... As to whether it aids playing, I suggest reducing the pain you feel is always a help and the negatives would depend on levels. Give it a whirl sometime TRS, see what you think then.

It makes you drowsy AF. Would worsen performances significantly.

Yeah, not going to argue too much on this one except that I have been hearing it called endo for years, guess we move in different circles... As to whether it aids playing, I suggest reducing the pain you feel is always a help and the negatives would depend on levels. Give it a whirl sometime TRS, see what you think then.
images

As Boris mentions, it makes you drowsy. Nausea is also common, as is itchy skin and it’s a respiratory depressant. Those side effects are probably less likely if you’re accustomed to taking it however.

It makes you drowsy AF. Would worsen performances significantly.
I will bite, just once more. How drugs impact a non-addict compared to someone that has been using them continuously for a considerable period of time is completely different. Of course you folk are probably right: Beams was that good a player that in 2018 he was able to be one of the best in the league whilst drowsy, with impaired decision making and responses ;)

Yeah, not going to argue too much on this one except that I have been hearing it called endo for years, guess we move in different circles...
Slurred speech is not uncommon on Endone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've taken it once and it messes you up. I refused to take it again.

I've taken it once and it messes you up. I refused to take it again.
A lot of people have adverse reactions to it in the hospital setting, so I don’t find this surprising at all.

combined with Panadol and wow, nighty night.
Panadol shouldn’t really add much to the equation. Panadeine or Panadeine Forte perhaps, as it has codeine in it?

Take one endone followed by a glass of red wine and I challenge you to walk down an average sized corridor without banging your head into the wall.
I’ll take your word for it, I don’t mess with that stuff.

Would've thought announcing your retirement automatically stopped you from fulfilling your contract, but anyway.
I would have thought that not going to training, eating all the pies and doing finger painting classes on match day stopped you from fulfilling your contract, but here we are 12 months later with the shocking announcement that he’s retired.

I would have thought that not going to training, eating all the pies and doing finger painting classes on match day stopped you from fulfilling your contract, but here we are 12 months later with the shocking announcement that he’s retired.

Who retired? Beams? what happened?

Take one endone followed by a glass of red wine and I challenge anyone to walk down an average sized corridor without banging their head into the wall.
5mg Tablet? Don't challenge an addict. They will whack a 100mg oxycontin for breakfast, just to feel normal enough to go about the business of finding more so they can actually get out of it that day.

The biggest question - if he played in 2019 and won a flag, then all this happened would people feel differently?

The biggest question - if he played in 2019 and won a flag, then all this happened would people feel differently?

Short answer is undoubtedly yes.
Even if we didn’t win the flag....so long as he gave us a return on investment and honoured his commitment to us by playing regular football.

He misled us no doubt but at the same time we have nobody to blame but ourselves too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back