Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had any scruples Eddie would resign for that alone -will never happen of course.

Couldn’t agree more. But there has also been an alternative story pushed on here, that Eddie wasn’t behind bringing him back. Hard to know what to believe. It certainly looks and smells like Edie interference 101. Has Edie written all over it. And I’m inclined to blame Edie for everything that goes wrong at our club, rightly or wrongly. Probably wrongly. And if not Edie then who?

I reckon the AFL would allow cap free payouts for car accidents, cancer and such, mental health has a ways to go.
images

Done.

Couldn’t agree more. But there has also been an alternative story pushed on here, that Eddie wasn’t behind bringing him back. Hard to know what to believe. It certainly looks and smells like Edie interference 101. Has Edie written all over it. And I’m inclined to blame Edie for everything that goes wrong at our club, rightly or wrongly. Probably wrongly. And if not Edie then who?
The club's due diligence with Beams was somewhere between abysmal and non-existent. If the Board (or any member) was involved in getting Beams from Brisbane they are overstepping the mark. If they don't exercise oversight on due diligence / risk assessments in this type of exercise they are culpable.

Which is it Eddie?

If we're prepared to open ourselves up for criticism in trading clean skins like Treloar then we should be prepared to play hardball with Beams if any of the rumours surrounding him are true.

Digging our heels in on a payout for Beams would actually be a much needed PR win for the club right now with it's supporters.

As far as I'm concerned his mental health issues have been caused by his poor lifestyle choices and the club shouldn't be made to pay for them.

If we just roll over from here it makes you question the validity of the rumours about him or whether in fact he has some dirty laundry he can use against us himself if the club contests a payout.
Make no mistake, I agree completely.

He himself admitted that addiction to pain killers causes drug induced changes to your brain and he’s sure this has brought on his mental health struggles. Exhibit one - poor lifestyle choices.

Gambling addiction causes depression, especially if you’re losing. Exhibit two - poor lifestyle choices.

If we take a strong stand here, every second person will condemn the club for ignoring mental health. We’d most likely lose that PR battle.

The AFL could introduce special dispensation around mental health to pay out contracts outside the cap but this would create other problems such as why shouldn’t career ending injuries be treated the same? And undoubtedly clubs and individuals alike would find ways to exploit the ‘mental health’ loophole if it existed.

Clubs will eventually shun talented footballers because of the Beams situation (and others) and this will be unfortunate.

If not Edie, then it must be Eddie.

That's on Eddie, he thought he would get him right.

I believed at the time and still do that eddie pushed for this trade. In my opinion he was prepared to pay overs because he was confident that beams would be able to convince some of our younger up and coming players to jump ship to collingwood as Raynor and a few others at the time seemed to hero worship him to some extent.

So happy that eddies conniving has turned pear shaped. Feel sorry for collingwood supporters and I never thought id ever feel that!

I believed at the time and still do that eddie pushed for this trade. In my opinion he was prepared to pay overs because he was confident that beams would be able to convince some of our younger up and coming players to jump ship to collingwood as Raynor and a few others at the time seemed to hero worship to him some extent.

So happy that eddies conniving has turned pear shaped. Feel sorry for collingwood supporters and I never thought id ever feel that!

He thought he could win us a flag nothing do with Brisbane kids.

I believed at the time and still do that eddie pushed for this trade. In my opinion he was prepared to pay overs because he was confident that beams would be able to convince some of our younger up and coming players to jump ship to collingwood as Raynor and a few others at the time seemed to hero worship him to some extent.

First of all, what's a 'Reluctant Lion'???
Second.....you have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He thought he could win us a flag nothing do with Brisbane kids.
First of all, what's a 'Reluctant Lion'???
Second.....you have no idea.

I don't claim to be right in my hypothesis. It was my gut feel at the time and one I still share. That is all.

Reluctantlion is just a really piss poor username. If i posted more id likely change it. After the fitzroy merger/takeover I lost all interest in the AFL for years. It wasn't till my old man eventually convinced me to accompany him to the gabba for games that i slowly got back on board. Although admittedly i only initially did so for the before game beers and feed.

I don't claim to be right in my hypothesis. It was my gut feel at the time and one I still share. That is all.

Reluctantlion is just a really piss poor username. If i posted more id likely change it. After the fitzroy merger/takeover I lost all interest in the AFL for years. It wasn't till my old man eventually convinced me to accompany him to the gabba for games that i slowly got back on board. Although admittedly i only initially did so for the before game beers and feed.

My mate and his family were mad Fitzroy supporters. When Fitzroy moved north, you know what he did? He changed teams to Port Adelaide. Why? Because he is the biggest idiot I know.

Has anyone mentioned the role that Sidebottom played in getting Beams back to the club?At the time there were reports that Sidebottom was good mates with Beams and that he actually talked Buckley into bringing him back to the club.If this is true,then you would seriously have to question Sidebottom’s judgement.This is in addition to his shocking lapse of judgement earlier in the year when he decided to go on a bender when Melbourne was going into lockdown due to the pandemic.
Great judgement on the field though and he's not a manager, so I don't really care about his off-field judgement. Additionally, I really don't see him having too much faith in one of his mates as being a character flaw for an AFL footballer.

d5XAyIT.gif

Hope this thread stays alive forever, I know for fact he comes on here and reads this stuff and I'm pretty sure he has half dozen burner accounts.
I mean he specifically mentioned Big Footy on his insta comment so that’s seems highly likely

I mean he specifically mentioned Big Footy on his insta comment so that’s seems highly likely

He should know has half dozen burner accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back