Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a positive note I am loving our AFLW team.......so angry at our loss to Freo but smashing the Dees tomorrow will be a nice start to the weekend.

I know you're one of us. How good are our girls?:hearteyes:

Very nervous about tonight.

Apologies for my irrelevant posts, I got carried away. I blame the alcohol, or the lack of it actually. Need a drink.

Getting back to the thread topic and its question: yes, I think that Dayne will indeed retire.

Wow. 2 pages of scrolling where there’s not a single comment on the actual thread.
I'm not concerned about it being off-topic. I'm concerned about its pleasantness. If I can't come to a Beams thread to get my dose of bitterness and sniping, where can I go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Discussion in a knowledge vacuum becomes pointless, and in Beam's case, potentially dangerous. We know he's gone. We're fairly certain, for whatever reason, that all ties have been cut with the players. Otherwise it's really all a bit of a mystery.
exactly like barracking for Pies - a mysterious journey through the ages - never quite sure of the destination but it's usually interesting

Sky news works for me.

I think I'll switch on a national geographic show about the African savannah. I need a dose of predatory, vulture-like behaviour.

Damn you JB007 for returning and bringing back a sense of peace and harmony.

Apologies for my irrelevant posts, I got carried away. I blame the alcohol, or the lack of it actually. Need a drink.
Getting back to the thread topic and its question: yes, I think that Dayne will indeed retire.
??
every post is relevant - just that some are more maddening than others

Carlton forum?
Yes, if sr36 craves a spot of unpleasantness, may I suggest he not only visits the Carlton forum but contributes his thoughts to a thread. I once did that (Chris Judd chicken wing comment) and lost posting rights there for several years. A deliberately controversial post stabbing at the heart of some Carlton sacred cow should create for sr36 a brief but euphoric moment of pleasure before being silenced by a stroke of some blues moderator's key.

For instant feedback, may I suggest that sr36 inserts his post in a 'Carlton posters only' thread, as indeed I did. If its 'bitterness' and 'sniping' that he craves, I can think of no quicker or more effective means to achieve this outcome.

Yes, if sr36 craves a spot of unpleasantness, may I suggest he not only visits the Carlton forum but contributes his thoughts to a thread. I once did that (Chris Judd chicken wing comment) and lost posting rights there for several years. A deliberately controversial post stabbing at the heart of some Carlton sacred cow should create for sr36 a brief but euphoric moment of pleasure before being silenced by a stroke of some blues moderator's key.

For instant feedback, may I suggest that sr36 inserts his post in a 'Carlton posters only' thread, as indeed I did. If its 'bitterness' and 'sniping' that he craves, I can think of no quicker or more effective means to achieve this outcome.

Just copy/paste the all-time classic comment from Weaver.

Worst trade ever?

That's easy. Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games for you. AND you had to pay him illegally outside the cap. AND he blew the whistle on you. AND you had to pay a fine. AND you got kicked out of the draft and had to recruit hacks. AND it meant that your mulit-million investment in Denis Pagan was a waste because he had no players.

Stephen O'Reilly for - Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft.

I reckon that would have the McMahon trade covered by a couple of laps of Flemington, then a trip down the highway for a run round Caulfield, before a backtrack to run the length of the Moone Valley straight.

Truly wonderful :)

Just copy/paste the all-time classic comment from Weaver.
It's so beautiful!

its-so-beautiful-gif-22.gif

I'm not concerned about it being off-topic. I'm concerned about its pleasantness. If I can't come to a Beams thread to get my dose of bitterness and sniping, where can I go?
All about trump thread should do it. Just say you like him and sit back and enjoy it.

Better still, can you please do it. I like to spectate. Just give me the heads up so tha I know when to be online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back