Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t a bad trade but a really stupid one with predictable consequences.

I dunno GG. We were a west coast fluke from a premiership, and Beams is a champion who played almost all of his recent games, was a captain, and for me it was icing on our already beautiful cake. Brisbane didn’t want to lose him. I was for it. But I didn’t know his psychological issues. So it comes down to that: how much did the club know?

A lot of hindsight wisdom in this thread - I was very much against his re-recruitment for the simple reason that it was unnecessary, as Finnish says we lost a flag because of a fluke to the opposition.
If the club were fully aware of the extent of his mental demons then they are accountable for total lack of duty of care.
However it is simply unlikely we will ever know.
Wish the lad well and move on.

I dunno GG. We were a west coast fluke from a premiership, and Beams is a champion who played almost all of his recent games, was a captain, and for me it was icing on our already beautiful cake. Brisbane didn’t want to lose him. I was for it. But I didn’t know his psychological issues. So it comes down to that: how much did the club know?
I suspect the club knew quite a lot.

Last edited:

A lot of hindsight wisdom in this thread - I was very much against his re-recruitment for the simple reason that it was unnecessary, as Finnish says we lost a flag because of a fluke to the opposition.
If the club were fully aware of the extent of his mental demons then they are accountable for total lack of duty of care.
However it is simply unlikely we will ever know.
Wish the lad well and move on.

“Duty of care”? From who to whom?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won't happen. With trying to keep Moore and De Goey. The salary cap will most likely be less with list cuts.
But that will be less uniformly across the league, so every player takes a cut including the best players in the league. Cameron May have been worth $1m, now you get him for 800k? Retirements delistings, including Beams and we squeeze him in!

Not so sure about this. At the time Wilson was saying that the Lions players had lost faith in him because the way he back-tracked from his comments at their best and fairest. He was high maintenance and Brisbane had done well without him. They drove a hard bargain with us but had we not blinked first we may have still ended up with Beams.

Look sideswipe my post was clear and unambiguous.
Why look for something that's not there?
My last reply.

Sorry - what you wrote was contradictory and nonsensical (no, what you tried to identify isn’t a duty of care, a lack of due diligence is probably the term you were after) but with a tone of authority. Just needed some correction.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won't happen. With trying to keep Moore and De Goey. The salary cap will most likely be less with list cuts.

Meaning Players will stay at Clubs and be Less Trades at end of year and Probably no Big Name Trades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big risk for them though. Not sure how keen they were. They will cop flak if he breaks down like Buddy. Main thing in their favour is that he won't cost them through the trade. I think they might target a few players.

Big risk for them though. Not sure how keen they were. They will cop flak if he breaks down like Buddy. Main thing in their favour is that he won't cost them through the trade. I think they might target a few players.
They probably have a better medical team. I think the reward could be even greater than the risk. Imagine if they could get him right? I think it's a punt worth taking just based on the potential reward.

Buddy, well he is over 30. And Reid... well, he is a Reid.
Agree, but it shows that there is no magic with their medical team. Hard to see them managing Daniher any better. Anyway Harley reckons they are eyeing a few players. Sam Maclure said Moore is one.

Agree, but it shows that there is no magic with their medical team. Hard to see them managing Daniher any better. Anyway Harley reckons they are eyeing a few players. Sam Maclure said Moore is one.
They tried and failed last time. This time will be no different. Also, sometimes it's not the medical team. Sometimes its the players bodies that just break down for whatever reason.

They tried and failed last time. This time will be no different. Also, sometimes it's not the medical team. Sometimes its the players bodies that just break down for whatever reason.
Well I agree with this which is why the medical team is not the selling point for Daniher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back