Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when will that be.

Effects us Big Time this
There is some suggestion that it will not be until the AFL knows how much money has been lost with this season so what effect this will then have on the future cap. It does affect us because we may not be able to keep everyone, though other teams will be affected too. We may not be able to sign players to longer deals which makes it possible for them to be taken under free agency if they stay with us on shorter deals.

There is some suggestion that it will not be until the AFL knows how much money has been lost with this season so what effect this will then have on the future cap. It does affect us because we may not be able to keep everyone, though other teams will be affected too. We may not be able to sign players to longer deals which makes it possible for them to be taken under free agency if they stay with us on shorter deals.

We have Moore and De Goey coming out of Contract so think we like to know.

IF that happens as you said they might sign 1-2 Years Deals and see what Happens to the Salary Cap

They probably have a better medical team. I think the reward could be even greater than the risk. Imagine if they could get him right? I think it's a punt worth taking just based on the potential reward.
He's the most talented forward since Buddy. Justifiable risk imo.

Sorry - what you wrote was contradictory and nonsensical (no, what you tried to identify isn’t a duty of care, a lack of due diligence is probably the term you were after) but with a tone of authority. Just needed some correction.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
goodbye

Agreed. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't. But at the possible it does, KPF like him don't grow on trees, so IMO you'd take the risk.
Even with the injuris, he's still much more likely to be a star KPF than a hugely touted high cost KPF draftee like Lukosius.

Last edited:
Won't happen. With trying to keep Moore and De Goey. The salary cap will most likely be less with list cuts.
The salary cap reduction would likely mean a renegotiation of almost all player contracts and effects all teams, so the effect on a teams ability to chase players from that perspective should be minimal. I do agree though that our focus will be player retention this year rather than recruitment.

Beams was presented with a golden opportunity to try and revive his career thanks to the COVID-19 season suspension but it seems like he couldn't even be arsed trying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams was presented with a golden opportunity to try and revive his career thanks to the COVID-19 season suspension but it seems like he couldn't even be arsed trying.
Nah, was never happening, it over with us.

I agree. Although it sounds like there was no way back, a bloke in pristine physical condition getting some runs on the board with mental health help also would at least be a case.

I get really sad when I see a highlight or photo of him playing, hard to believe it was just last season. He played a ripper vs the tigers in round 2.

On a side note, the clothing he is wearing these days is beyond hideous.

I agree. Although it sounds like there was no way back, a bloke in pristine physical condition getting some runs on the board with mental health help also would at least be a case.

I get really sad when I see a highlight or photo of him playing, hard to believe it was just last season. He played a ripper vs the tigers in round 2.

On a side note, the clothing he is wearing these days is beyond hideous.
What's he wearing?

Nothing so bad, his clothes would be considered formal wear down Frankston way.
Years ago - somewhere on the Peninsula, Tom Hafey is reputed to have turned up at Kevin Bartlett's daughter's engagement party wearing only swimming togs. KB said, "Tom, you could have worn a T-shirt". Tom replied "I didn't know it was formal"! :)

Nah, was never happening, it over with us.

Never a chance swoop42 what left at home said never happening.

Way to much damage done, the group are pretty tight atm, don't want that * causing any more issues.

I'm sure there is a way. I'm not fussed. I'm just a fan. :)
Was talking to Beams best mate in the weekend and he said Beams will never play AFL again. Said he hasn’t had any discussions with the pies on payout but expects to get about half. Something around career ending injury that might benefit both parties.
re his art he’s been making about $20k per month on classes and selling his artworks.
hope it all gets sorted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back