Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLachlan obviously has a talent at getting players to open up to him and touching on the personal stuff most players wouldn't reveal.

But there were a lot of questions left unanswered, that any typical journalist would have probed. Ie:

1. Will Beams attempt to come back;
2. Where is his relationship with Collingwood;
3. What specific addiction did he battle;
4. Address previous rumours of retirement and settlements with the club;
5. Why did Beams want to come back to Collingwood, what were the circumstances surrounding his departure etc.

I suppose that if you go into those questions, then players won't want to sit down and do the chat. I also wonder if the Beams camp put restrictions on the questions that can and can't be asked...and I also wonder if the interview is paid, or if it is part of his playing contract that he has to do a certain amount of media.

I thought the interview overall was eye-opening. Sometimes we all (including me) have the tendency to roll our eyes when a player has mental health issues. Seeing the way Beams spoke, and his admissions regarding the car accident, clearly show that what he is battling is real. He clearly is not in a headspace to play football, and I can totally understand why he has walked away from the game. His mental health is number 1, and footy just can't help that.

I still maintain though that both the club and him need to come to an arrangement (if they haven't already) and finalise his exit. He is around 30 years old now and is physically no where near fit enough to play AFL.

he has a talent for making me feel queasy

i couldn’t watch it all it was so saccharine.

Beams was fine though. I feel more sympathy for him now. Wish he’d held on another year though. At his best he was awesome on the field.

I don’t disagree, nobody is holding him to ransom...he is holding us to ransom. If he doesn’t want to play, then he should opt out of his contract and focus on his health and other interests.
How do you know he is holding the club to ransom? For all, we know the club and Beams could have already reached a deal or the club may be requesting him to sit out and stay contracted. The board or Bucks may be hoping he returns, and why not keep him contacted. They can't replace him just yet.

How do you know he is holding the club to ransom? For all, we know the club and Beams could have already reached a deal or the club may be requesting him to sit out and stay contracted. The board or Bucks may be hoping he returns, and why not keep him contacted. They can't replace him just yet.

I agree that there may be negotiations happening behind the scenes that we are not aware of (partly because it’s none of our business).

I also agree there’s no rush because we can’t replace him mid season anyway.

But you are totally wrong assuming anybody at the club thinks Beams is a chance of ever playing AFL football again.

I agree that there may be negotiations happening behind the scenes that we are not aware of (partly because it’s none of our business).

I also agree there’s no rush because we can’t replace him mid season anyway.

But you are totally wrong assuming anybody at the club thinks Beams is a chance of ever playing AFL football again.
Hey, you never know. It would be nice adding Beams to our mid or forward line.

I'm sure he meant it with the very best of intentions but this seems like a bit of a backhanded clip.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

"People often wonder what leadership is ...."

Sorry that your having a rough time Picasso but your definition and understanding of leadership is so far skewed and twisted.

"People often wonder what leadership is ...."
CKzY.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** off Beams

Real leadership would be to grow a pair, quit the club and contract, free up a spot for a young player making his way into the game and freeing up salary space during a money tight year.
He’s a malingerer, he’s not going anywhere. Especially not near CFC.

For a long time I was very supportive of Beams. But after a recent interaction with him on Instagram, in my opinion he’s nothing but a piece of s**t and a terrible human being. I don’t care how many pieces of art he makes, he will always be a rotten individual.

For a long time I was very supportive of Beams. But after a recent interaction with him on Instagram, in my opinion he’s nothing but a piece of sh*t and a terrible human being. I don’t care how many pieces of art he makes, he will always be a rotten individual.
Do you mind sharing?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a long time I was very supportive of Beams. But after a recent interaction with him on Instagram, in my opinion he’s nothing but a piece of sh*t and a terrible human being. I don’t care how many pieces of art he makes, he will always be a rotten individual.

Please share?

Wow. That seems like something juicy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not being in Australia makes it hard to follow micro stuff like this.... but what’s the update with Beams?

Is it all over?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not being in Australia makes it hard to follow micro stuff like this.... but what’s the update with Beams?

Is it all over?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No official update yet. Prob not til the end of the year. But is 100% done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back