Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being in Australia makes it hard to follow micro stuff like this.... but what’s the update with Beams?
The latest is that we pissed away two first round picks out of romanticism and hamstrung our club badly.

The latest is that we pissed away two first round picks out of romanticism and hamstrung our club badly.

Yep. Mental health is a serious thing, so I hope if that is the cause of all his issues he’s winning the battle.

Unfortunately all the stories we’ve heard are hard to reconcile, hard to remember him fondly. Even as a 2010 premiership player.

Romanticism... at our club? Nonsense.

Not like Buckley got the senior coaching job because he was a favourite son...

It's not like Rocca and Lockyer got cushy coaching jobs because they were favourite sons...

It's not like Sando got a senior coaching role because he's best mates with Bucks...

oh wait.

If I remember correctly, he wasn’t cheap either..... so I guess we get the added bonus of salary cap clog.
Allegedly... his contract was heavily front-loaded and Brisbane had already paid most of the money he was owed... so not that big an impost on our cap.

At least someone like Boyd from the bulldogs hang it up almost straight away and did a deal with the club. He’ll be remembered for helping the dogs win a premiership, too bad we can’t say the same for Beams or H for that matter, both tarnished their reputation as pies premiership players. I doubt they’ll be welcome to the reunions.

Not being in Australia makes it hard to follow micro stuff like this.... but what’s the update with Beams?

Is it all over?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just going off Google... he is doing some art stuff now? Wait what?

Someone please enlighten me. I’m so confused right now.

He did some art classes as part of therapy. Decided it was his thing. Now runs wellbeing painting classes, sells crap paintings and has gotten quite fat.

Meanwhile Sidey got really pissed caught an Uber to his mates house, got driven home by the cops, semi naked at 7am. Copping a four week suspension.

JDG has been charged with sexual assault.

Bucks copped a fine for playing tennis.

Eddie keeps saying if anyone does such and such, they should be sent home and sacked. And then a week later one of our blokes does such and such. .

We're killing it off-field, but we can't win a game of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did some art classes as part of therapy. Decided it was his thing. Now runs wellbeing painting classes, sells crap paintings and has gotten quite fat.

Meanwhile Sidey got really pissed caught an Uber to his mates house, got driven home by the cops, semi naked at 7am. Copping a four week suspension.

Eddie keeps saying if anyone does such and such, they should be sent home and sacked. And then a week later one of our blokes does such and such. .

And to think people criticised Malthouse and the rat-pack’s behaviour. At least they could win games on-field.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha - great post. Absolutely nailed the CFC

Can’t pick any holes in that synopsis of another wasted year. 😂

Beams is still not in a great place.
This year has been a shocking time for all in Victoria for all reasons.
If you aren't capable of empathy for the greater population after the fires, Covid, unemployment, kids in year 12 (me) and any other sh*te, well, then I hope you live a great untainted perfect life, whatever that entails.
Screw contracts etc. Dayne is a person.
The pounds put on his face/body are comfort for him. Probably not healthy.
Football means sh*t compared to 1 person.
No matter what club
Take care all.
Side by side.
Xx

Everyone has their troubles. Responsibility is key to rejuvenating yourself

Read the previous 50 or so pages.

Finger paintings
Burgers
TAB
Philisophical Beamer quotes
Car accidents for attention

should sum up Beams time at collingwood since his return

This is Gold

So sad but true. That a professional club could be duped into recruiting a player with known issues is beyond my comprehension.

We just need to move on - which Beams would do the same and concentrate on his finger paintings

Yep. Mental health is a serious thing, so I hope if that is the cause of all his issues he’s winning the battle.

+1

... hard to remember him fondly. Even as a 2010 premiership player.

A tad harsh, he was the 2012 Copeland winner and a damn fine player until his hamstrings got trashed (along with a large proportion of the Collingwood list at the time who was breaking down)

This is Gold

So sad but true. That a professional club could be duped into recruiting a player with known issues is beyond my comprehension.

We just need to move on - which Beams would do the same and concentrate on his finger paintings

Need to make a piss take thread of quotes that would be said by beamer. His leadership rant was gross to read

"Every cloud has a silver lining , unless the cloud isnt silver" - Dayne Beams

Is it all over?

He’s studiously avoiding any commentary about his footy future, but he’s also been quite public about mental health stuff and his art stuff.

I’m like everybody else here and assume he’s practically gone. It’s a shame, he’s a damn fine footy player when he’s on his game ...

... but if he doesn’t want to play, then can’t force him. Yeah, it’s cost us a bomb, but what can you do? These things happen and we move on.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the reason “a professional club got duped” ...

... is that from recruiter’s POV they treat every experienced player in the AFL system as a mental health risk - such are the pressures of AFL footy. Nobody would ever suggest that it’s a normal lifestyle.

I’ve heard a reference that for every AFL player who has had mental health issues that they’ve gone public (Lumumba, Cloke, Beams, Marsh, Karnezis ... and that’s just recent Collingwood OTTOMH) there are another 7-10 who haven’t gone public, and then you can multiply that by another number for those who are undiagnosed.

And sometimes mental health issues might mean taking a player who is struggling, and then putting them in an environment where they flourish. I’m sure that happens a lot too.

We took a chance with Beams and lost. Too bad, we put it behind us and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back