Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot-20200808-091557-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Screenshot-20200808-091648-Samsung-Internet.jpg

A wall of hate is about to come on me, maybe I deserve it maybe I don't but bring it on.

I don't even believe his "mental health" schitt.

What I see and have always seen is a manipulative prick who is using something which we have been conditioned into not questioning as a way to get what he wants.

Watch the hate that comes onto me and you will see why he knows it's such a good weapon.

He doesn't have mental illness. It's a convenient story. No one will dare call you out on it though because the politically correct will come down on you like a...I don't know, but something that comes down hard.

He is scum.
I think it's always dangerous to think this way. You genuinely have no clue about his struggles, but we all know that he has wronged a thing you have a strong emotional attachment to, as do I. I think there's definitely some fault with the way he's acted, but to brush off his pretty obvious mental health issues is pretty not on IMO.

We're not even a month removed from Shane Tuck killing himself either. Thinking he's using mental health issues as some sort of "weapon" is effed up and belongs in the bin. It's opinions like these as to why Australia has a continually growing rate of male suicide

I think it's always dangerous to think this way. You genuinely have no clue about his struggles, but we all know that he has wronged a thing you have a strong emotional attachment to, as do I. I think there's definitely some fault with the way he's acted, but to brush off his pretty obvious mental health issues is pretty not on IMO.

We're not even a month removed from Shane Tuck killing himself either. Thinking he's using mental health issues as some sort of "weapon" is effed up and belongs in the bin. It's opinions like these as to why Australia has a continually growing rate of male suicide
You may be right.
But you may not be.
Have a look at how much emotion that has become attached to "mental illness".
It's a serious issue.
But do you honestly believe that some people aren't going to see the sympathy that "mental illness" invokes and exploit it.

I see Dayne as the type of person who would exploit such a thing.

I may be totally wrong. I may be making an arse hole of myself. But that is how I see him. He seems to me to be exactly the type of person who will exploit anything he can for his own interests.

A wall of hate is about to come on me, maybe I deserve it maybe I don't but bring it on.

What I see and have always seen is a manipulative prick who is using something which we have been conditioned into not questioning as a way to get what he wants.

Watch the hate that comes onto me and you will see why he knows it's such a good weapon.

He doesn't have mental illness. It's a convenient story. No one will dare call you out on it though because the politically correct will come down on you like a...I don't know, but something that comes down hard.

He is scum.

Maybe there's a wall of hate, maybe there ain't nothin' at all.

You may be right.
But you may not be.
Have a look at how much emotion that has become attached to "mental illness".
It's a serious issue.
But do you honestly believe that some people aren't going to see the sympathy that "mental illness" invokes and exploit it.

I see Dayne as the type of person who would exploit such a thing.

I may be totally wrong. I may be making an arse hole of myself. But that is how I see him. He seems to me to be exactly the type of person who will exploit anything he can for his own interests.
I suppose there could be people who try and hijack such a thing for their own good, I'm just not sure what Beams has done to make you think this. He seems far too stupid to be that manipulative in my opinion.

He is scum.
Na
I agree

Still struggle with how much of a colossal failure the Beams 2.0 experiment has been. What a waste.

There'll always be a soft spot in my heart for his play in the early 2010s, but man, he really does seem to be trying to erase that. His attempts to monetise everything he can really rubs me the wrong way.

Wish he'd just retire. Footy clearly has a horrible impact on his mental health, and he's not doing the club that gave up lots for him any favours
No one knows the agreement made between Beams and CFC. Its clearly benefiting the pies having him on the long term injury list, otherwise, they would pay him out or he would retire.
I don't see why he receives such harsh Judgement.

I’m sure he’s got mental health struggles.
In all honesty Jimmy, who doesn't?
No matter the facade that we put on in public I bet most people have their own little demons they are dealing with.
He is not unique.
I bet that 90 per cent of footballers have their own mental health struggles. Like the rest of society.

Please people do not for one minute think that I am saying that depression and mental illness doesn't exist. Of course it does.

No one knows the agreement made between Beams and CFC. Its clearly benefiting the pies having him on the long term injury list, otherwise, they would pay him out or he would retire.
I don't see why he receives such harsh Judgement.

Could you elude to the way in which having someone take up a list spot despite not playing (even if on the long term injury list) helps the Pies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you elude to the way in which having someone take up a list spot despite not playing (even if on the long term injury list) helps the Pies?
Yeah, I'd like to know. From my perspective the club sees Beams as a thorn in their side and they would like to sever their remaining ties with him. At the very least he has to be clogging up our salary cap space.

We’d have to pay out his contact in one cap year, which even if we could afford it, might affect our ability to retain the players we want to retain.

And if we did free up his list spot, it’d go to some 18 year old kid picked up in the fifth round. Sure, sometimes that pays off (Dane Swan) but more often it doesn’t.

We’d have to pay out his contact in one cap year, which even if we could afford it, might affect our ability to retain the players we want to retain.

And if we did free up his list spot, it’d go to some 18 year old kid picked up in the fifth round. Sure, sometimes that pays off (Dane Swan) but more often it doesn’t.
Or someone overlooked like Mihocek or Noble... but no, you're right, what's the point. Much more happy to be paying Beams hundreds of thousands of dollars to paint coffee tables in neon colours.

This is a joke right?

As for contract pay out there would likely be an agreement between him and club very doubtful the club would have to pay him out in full.

Or someone overlooked like Mihocek or Noble... but no, you're right, what's the point. Much more happy to be paying Beams hundreds of thousands of dollars to paint coffee tables in neon colours.

You’d rather lose a player like DeGoey or Moore, and go chasing a player like Mihocek or a Noble so you can lose Beams?

I assumed he’d retired, I mean he has no intention of playing again right?

Would have been nice to have him now with Sidey, Pendles, and now Treloar spending time out of the team.

This is a joke right?

As for contract pay out there would likely be an agreement between him and club very doubtful the club would have to pay him out in full.

If you were in Beams’ position what kind of agreement would you settle for?

The best chance we have is to get the AFL to agree to us paying him out, and having it spread out over the seasons for the purposes of the salary cap (ie what Brisbane were able to do when they paid out Fev)

The best chance we have is to get the AFL to agree to us paying him out, and having it spread out over the seasons for the purposes of the salary cap (ie what Brisbane were able to do when they paid out Fev)

Why should he be paid for services not rendered?

Not the clubs fault he is hiding behind mental illness and refusing to meet his contract.
Plenty of people struggle with mental illness and still get up and go to work each day.

He's not mentally handicapped or off on a different planet, hes got deppression over the death of his father 3 years ago.
He has full capability to train and play but chose not to permanently. And if playing would of made the spotlight to bright and impacted him mentally at a minumum he should of still had to train and help the bootstudder out.

His choice so no pay or go off on his own income protection if he had any.

Didn't realise that about Fev. Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back