Traded Dayne Beams (2014-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Puts a lot of things into perspective doesn't it. Losing games of footy not nearly as challenging as this.

Definitely.

Man, ever since my little boy was born these stories really get to me. :'(

Has that been confirmed yet? It would seem like a logical move but I haven't yet last I heard we were still waiting on that one.
I guess it hasn't been officially confirmed but he comes off the LTI list in round 19 IIRC? I'm guessing his injury will take the full time to heal which will only give him 1 maybe 2 games that he could play in if everything goes to plan. IMO he will be rested and made sure that nothing is wrong so he can attack the preseason 100% fit.

Can't find any news articles about it but it looks like we've drawn a line through the season now.
View attachment 271038

Seems the sensible move.
I wonder if they've got their Beams mixed up there. Claye was definitely ruled out for the season but is listed as indefinite.

Still, I'm not expecting Dayne back. I had heard he wanted to go around again this year but that seems less and less likely now.

I wonder if they've got their Beams mixed up there. Claye was definitely ruled out for the season but is listed as indefinite.

Still, I'm not expecting Dayne back. I had heard he wanted to go around again this year but that seems less and less likely now.

Well that would be a laugh if true but on our website we've got them both out for the season, and you'd hope we can tell the difference between 'em.

Otoh we've listed Bundy and Dingdong back in 3-5 weeks so that's clearly not too authoritative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player Reviews: Part 2

Dayne Beams played just six quarters of football this season before requiring knee surgery for troublesome tendinitis. When the midfielder returned, however, he was back to his brilliant best collecting 30 touches and kicking a goal against Port Adelaide in Round 7.

Coach’s notes:

Beams was sorely missed in 2016, he only played six quarters of football. In that game and a half he showed what an elite player he is. He had 48 disposals, showing what he means to the team. He becomes like a new recruit for us in 2017 through the midfield and hopefully with himself, Rockliff and Hanley we can improve our ability to impact games.

For me; this is the best news I've read for a while.

Dayne Beams
Dayne has started running, and progressed to being able to change direction. He’s done a really extensive lower body strength and plyometrics program and has had no pain or discomfort associated with his previous injury. He continues to work hard in preparation for pre-season.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-09-20/wounded-lions-prepare

Beams on track with recovery, as pick two is put on the trade table

Dayne Beams is well on his way to making a Round one return, as Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann confirms their pick two is up for grabs for the right deal.

According to Swann, Beams who could be a potential captaincy candidate were Tom Rockliff to be traded by the Lions has been training for the past six weeks, after overcoming the knee tendinitis that has reduced him to playing just 18 games in his two seasons at Brisbane.

“Physically Dayne’s fine, late in the season he pretty much trained for the last month or so and he kept training post the season. Now he’s having a bit of a break,” he told KB on Hungry for Sport.

“He will be here day one of pre-season and his knee is one hundred percent.

Dayne Beams says he will be a leader at the Lions regardless of whether he is named captain

Beams has never coveted leadership roles and will strive to set the right example regardless of whether or not he is captain.

“It’s not something that I’ve ever thought about. I’m certainly not going around on street corners with a poster campaigning for the job,’’ Beams said.

“But if it came down to my teammates wanting me to do it and they charge me with that responsibility, I’d certainly take it on board and do it to the best of my ability.

“At the moment Tom (Rockliff) is the captain and I support him.

“I worked on my leadership stuff last year when I wasn’t playing and there’s plenty of different forms of leadership. The main one is you want to be on the ground.

“There’s also a lot of time during the week when you have to lead by example especially with our young group that need guidance and nurturing. They need the right role models in front of them.’’

Beams said he was not prepared for the extra responsibility when he was elevated into the Collingwood leadership group in 2012 and has learned from the experience.

“I was coming off the back of a really good year and I felt like I was in there on my playing ability — not my leadership,’’ he said.

“I didn’t nominate myself the next year because I just wasn’t ready.

“I feel like I’ve matured a fair bit since I’ve come to Brisbane. I’ve learned from my mistakes and believe I have a bit to offer.’’

Dayne Beams' expected return

Dayne Beams is expected to return to the playing field in next week's JLT Community Series match against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

Beams played just six quarters of football in Season 2016 before requiring knee surgery for troublesome tendinitis.

“Dayne’s come off a frustrating injury, he’s going well… he’s got good running loads up,” Head of Medical Peter Blanch said on Lions.com.au.

“He’ll be looking to get in sometime during the second JLT match."

The Lions could also gain the services of other key players, with Blanch saying that a number of players will be available for the Lions’ next game.

“We’ve got a number of players who are going to be available for the second game of the JLT,” said Blanch.

“Not all of them will play in the JLT, some will play in the NEAFL.

“We’ll have Beams, Bell, Christensen, McStay, William and big Eric all coming back to be available to play.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back