Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has always been a loose cannon and has to get it into his head that 'daddy' Mick isn't there to shield him anymore.

NEVER a fan of his return but hoped to be proven wrong.

Not going well so far.

Time to grow up Dayne and start being part of the solution.
You, my friend are very angry little man, you wouldn't have a clue how he lives his life, maybe time to go build another toy plane

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Very disappointing to read the ignorance of some of the keyboard warriors here. I had issues in the past and the most difficult aspect was trying to explain to people that I was truly suffering. Many could not see past the veneer of normality. I appeared perfectly fine, so I must be fine.
Thankfully, those times have gone and young men particularly, are more confident in expressing their thoughts. If talking about issues, discussing his boots or posting his art-work-therapy leads to a full recovery for Dayne, then I say, let it rip young man!

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are some genuine cave dwellers out there who barrack for Collingwood and want to pot Beamsy.

About time we all back him in and hope he can get himself right mentally and put his best foot forward in 2020.

I have said since he came back that Beams and Sidebottom should play permanently as forwards and JDG in the middle. Could you imagine the damage those two would do down there with Cox, Elliott, WHE and Thomas.

That's a long way away though and for his own sake and the sake of his family, we need to all be behind Beams getting better mentally.

FrakturedHalo

The Voice of Reason
May 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There seems a lot of truth in what frakturedhalo has to say in general terms, but with zero knowledge of Beams' actual state I am loathe to apply the thinking to him (or any other particular case) The modern obsession with mental health does seem to correlate with the societal changes F mentions, but what is causal? I don't know. We uninformed people should probably stay out of this altogether.
I completely agree with you, forgive me if it comes across as if I was kicking him when he was down or trying to assert his demons aren't worthy of compassion I am not, Ive only met the bloke once or twice so Im not in a position to judge but everyone deserves compassion...my comment was more a general musing I have often as I almost daily encounter exactly this phenomenon in my line of work being a barrister...or more specifically the increasing prevalence of this 'mental health' issue being used by younger people as what most normal people would call as an 'excuse' for them not having to suffer the consequences of their antisocial behaviour and actions. We all read the news, we all know what Im talking about. I find it disturbing and from a psychology perspective rather intriguing that we as a society are enabling this form of responsibility avoidance in younger generations. But thats just my personal opinion based on my daily experiences.

My second comment re what i thought of beamsy's neW balance post was purely based on the contents of his post and how I perceived it/it comes across to others in light of the fact he was the lucky recipient of sponsorship by the organisation which he was trashing their product after willingly accepting their dollars in return for being a brand ambassador. To turn around after their commercial agreement has been fulfilled and bag them is just a bit tacky in my opinion, and doesnt show an appreciation for the good faith New Balance had extended to him, they could have easily picked someone else. It wasnt personal, his comment was posted in the public domain so consequently it is reasonable to expect that members of the public reading it may interpret those actions and form a judgement in line with their own personal values...its the backbone of civilised society and what makes us human. Certainly it is not necessary to then descend into attacking the person him/herself or letting a lynch mob type mass bullying/trial by social media occur that is in no way acceptable, but I dont see it as "sticking the boot in" or bullying someone by simply making a comment on the appropriateness of an action or statement they demonstrated in the public domain as someone who can reasonably considered to be a representative of the club/organisation that employs them?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just because I am bored...……………..I have been taught never to burn your bridges in life.

This post from 2018 doesn't reflect well IMO with his current opinion.

Just because I am bored...……………..I have been taught never to burn your bridges in life.

This post from 2018 doesn't reflect well IMO with his current opinion.

I have a pair of NB walking shoes and I love them, very comfortable.

Not sure what the bad rap is. Sports shoes only?

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wow at some of the comments on here......

He can do as he wishes, it is his life - just because he plays for collingwood doesn't give us the right to judge what he does or doesn't do.

He is never going to be the Pendles like posterboy some ppl seem to think he should. If he gets his body right, we are a better team. That's all there is to it.

It isn't his fault Collingwood payed overs for him. Don't let that cloud your opinions of him.

Rant over........................
Anti rant - like all our kids he lives in the bubble that is Collingwood football player - anything he says or does, or doesn't say or do will be commented upon and usually unfavourably.

If he wants to deride a club sponsor publicly then YOU and others need to accept that adults will see that as immature for an AFL footballer.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are some genuine cave dwellers out there who barrack for Collingwood and want to pot Beamsy.

About time we all back him in and hope he can get himself right mentally and put his best foot forward in 2020.

I have said since he came back that Beams and Sidebottom should play permanently as forwards and JDG in the middle. Could you imagine the damage those two would do down there with Cox, Elliott, WHE and Thomas.

That's a long way away though and for his own sake and the sake of his family, we need to all be behind Beams getting better mentally.
It's not a question of backing him or not

As a collingwood player he has my unswerving support

BUT

He is immature and erratic in his personal life - if he wants to go public in condemnation of a club sponsor then he and YOU should understand that there are consequences for that.

It's not a question of backing him or not

As a collingwood player he has my unswerving support

BUT

He is immature and erratic in his personal life - if he wants to go public in condemnation of a club sponsor then he and YOU should understand that there are consequences for that.
What consequences? Nobody is talking about it apart from BF lol

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What consequences? Nobody is talking about it apart from BF lol
The BF bubble At that.

i didn’t even know such shoes existed. But anyway.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone know what NB did to Beam’s? Maybe they f’ed him over?

tenor.gif

Anti rant - like all our kids he lives in the bubble that is Collingwood football player - anything he says or does, or doesn't say or do will be commented upon and usually unfavourably.

If he wants to deride a club sponsor publicly then YOU and others need to accept that adults will see that as immature for an AFL footballer.
Is this about footwear?
Not sure.
jonbe54 are you bagging the player or supporting the player?
Lets delve into my 2020 crystal ball Collingwood make the big dance and Dayne B kicks 4 goals to lead us to victory?

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is this about footwear?
Not sure.
jonbe54 are you bagging the player or supporting the player?
Lets delve into my 2020 crystal ball Collingwood make the big dance and Dayne B kicks 4 goals to lead us to victory?
I have a foot in each camp marty - he is a top player and as such deserves our support but he seriously needs to grow the fck up in his personal life and get himself straight - bagging a club sponsor publicly online is immature for an AFL player of his experience - to say the least.

I have a foot in each camp marty - he is a top player and as such deserves our support but he seriously needs to grow the fck up in his personal life and get himself straight - bagging a club sponsor publicly online is immature for an AFL player of his experience - to say the least.
I Agree I wish Beams all the best.
Did Dustin Martin change sponsors?
Look not seeking a debate but players have to do the best they can for there financial future:Be it sponsors etc.

I Agree I wish Beams all the best.
Did Dustin Martin change sponsors?
Look not seeking a debate but players have to do the best they can for there financial future:Be it sponsors etc.
Yeah, basically Puma dumped Dusty and wanted to go with someone else. I think De Goey was the word. But I suppose they could go with a number of players.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Keep it out of the public forum? You raised the Issue?

All good sir and I will not comment.

It just strikes me as strange as I follow golf with a passion and players change clubs and sponsors and also express views on there equipment.
I was actually responding to another poster marty who got bent out of shape because others dared to criticize.

I was actually responding to another poster marty who got bent out of shape because others dared to criticize.
Well Public forums are just that and people have a right to there opinion.
And personally I think the more people discuss an opinion or post adds to the content and others views.And express there views is gold and informative in my view.
But hey that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back