Dayne Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What are peoples thoughts on getting beams trading back home and playing along side his brother?

everyone got excited with the idea at trading in Tippett, and who knows it may still happen. But I can't see the lions passing up our pick #8 which most people seem to think is required to tempt the crows trading their star forward.

So, what about Beams? We could look at doing a 3 way deal with the Pies where either a player like Z Clarke is sent to the Pies, and considering Ross Lyon is working hard to talk Griffin into staying (who wanted out because Z Clarke was ahead of him???), perhaps considering Z Clarke has the trade value over griffin Lyon will use him and thus saving freos draft picks? Or the Lions could just get freo to satisfy the Pies in draft picks?

thoughts?

As a player I think beams has the real hard offensive running that we could use in our team, and would look real good playing at HF.

If we paid a fair price for him then I would love to see him as a paddle pop lion. Compensation pick would be the right price for him IMO. He would come straight into the team and he's in the 50-100 game group where you generally see players getting to their peak. But.....looking at our list and what we are lacking, I think we should only trade for a non KPP if the player wants to come to Qld.

Definitely - if he started discussions. I'd love to have him if he really was homesick, but can't see the club making the first move.

Would love to have the Beams brothers dominating next year though. I've missed the brotherly love since Brad and Chris retired.

I do think that if this were to happen, though, it would occur towards the end of trade week (unless it was part of the Clark deal, which I doubt for no reason other than a silly feeling I have telling me so).

Now we are talking. A player who is already a good footballer, but only looks like getting even better, can get plenty of the ball and would be around long enough to build the team upwards

Definitely - if he started discussions. I'd love to have him if he really was homesick, but can't see the club making the first move.

Would love to have the Beams brothers dominating next year though. I've missed the brotherly love since Brad and Chris retired.

I do think that if this were to happen, though, it would occur towards the end of trade week (unless it was part of the Clark deal, which I doubt for no reason other than a silly feeling I have telling me so).

The pies are in a tough position with a number of quality players out of contract and are set to lose a couple of players much like how we lost Craig Bolton and Gram. Beams could demand a decent contract that the pies just wont be able to match, so if he ever wanted back home he could jump at the opportunity whilst the lions have trade options in mitch clark in a 3 way, or on passing picks.

remember henderson didnt request a trade until he saw a clear opportunity...the lions should be in beams ear!

remember henderson didnt request a trade until he saw a clear opportunity...the lions should be in beams ear!

Oh I completely agree, we SHOULD be. Just very worried at the lack of actual substance behind it - while Tippett, Duffield, Ben Brown, McGuane etc have all had news stories and actual talk about them. All Beams talk seems to be only on BigFooty. Happy to be wrong, though.

Oh I completely agree, we SHOULD be. Just very worried at the lack of actual substance behind it - while Tippett, Duffield, Ben Brown, McGuane etc have all had news stories and actual talk about them. All Beams talk seems to be only on BigFooty. Happy to be wrong, though.

Yep this is a good point. All talk in him has been on bigfooty and centred around the fact that he and collingwood are looking to part ways. Rumours going around that he has been told to leave Melbourne by some prominent figures. But they're all rumours at this stage. A lot will depend on who the pies offload during trade week as they will need cap relief most likely (pure speculation though).

As a player I think he could certainly add to our team, us a goal kicking mid with good disposal into forward 50 which we lack at times.

If we trade I would like to see us go down sydneys route, they only tend to trade for players that can easily make their best 22 rather than just depth even if they only end as depth due to natural progression of existing players.

My concern may be the talk about beams as a person but you can't really go in what's said on bf. Sure the club would know more.

If Freo were willing to give up Zac Clarke I'd rather we were going after him than having a 3 way trade for Beams.

Dayne would be a good pick up though.
Rich, Beams, Redden, Rockliff - some serious quality there.

Jut Imagine this. Assuming we get Tippet(this year or Next) Beams and say Mayne from the Clark trade our forward could look like this.

Mayne Brown Banfield
Beams Tippet Karnezis

Looks good^ I know I am dreaming.

"Wake up Cotter,time for school". The only reason I think there might be the tiniest of chances that Tippett is still a possibility, is that I haven't seen any recent articles with Tippett saying " I'm not going anywhere", it's just been officials running the company line. Still no chance though

"Wake up Cotter,time for school". The only reason I think there might be the tiniest of chances that Tippett is still a possibility, is that I haven't seen any recent articles with Tippett saying " I'm not going anywhere", it's just been officials running the company line. Still no chance though

I did say this year or next. So I don't think I should be the one waking up for school.

To get beams you have to give up something good.Who would you give up?

I believe he is still contracted for another year witrh us.

I also believe if he left the likely destination would be Gold Coast for their pick 4 we want Omeara.

I also believe if he left the likely destination would be Gold Coast for their pick 4 we want Omeara.

Would GC give up the possibility of O'Meara, Wingard or Tyson for Beams? Those three will be better than Beams but GC would get someone with experience that most on their list don't have. It does sound like O'Meara would be much better than Beams.

If Brisbane get pick 16 that'd be the best pick the 'pies could be offered. If they don't Essendon's first pick might be the best pick they get offered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polkinghorne and Pick 16 is what I would offer. Polks Is a favourite or mine but Is massively Overrated on our board.

Would GC give up the possibility of O'Meara, Wingard or Tyson for Beams? Those three will be better than Beams but GC would get someone with experience that most on their list don't have. It does sound like O'Meara would be much better than Beams.

If Brisbane get pick 16 that'd be the best pick the 'pies could be offered. If they don't Essendon's first pick might be the best pick they get offered.
We wouldn't give him up for pick 16. pick 4 would be about right considering the eyes have already been picked out of this draft.

We wouldn't give him up for pick 16. pick 4 would be about right considering the eyes have already been picked out of this draft.

It all depends on whether or not Beams wants to leave. If he requests a trade he might be the best person to trade to relieve salary cap pressure. Brisbane are going to struggle to get pick 16 for Clark.

Beams is not worth pick 4. Especially if GC can get O'Meara with pick 4.

You are absolutely dreaming if you reckon any club would give you a top 10 pick for Beams, let alone 4.:rolleyes:

I think your the one who's dreaming if you think you would get him for any less than that, what's rock and Redden worth? are they somehow better players than Beams?

It all depends on whether or not Beams wants to leave. If he requests a trade he might be the best person to trade to relieve salary cap pressure. Brisbane are going to struggle to get pick 16 for Clark.

Beams is not worth pick 4. Especially if GC can get O'Meara with pick 4.

Pick 4 wont get Omeara.

I think your the one who's dreaming if you think you would get him for any less than that, what's rock and Redden worth? are they somehow better players than Beams?

What a player is worth and what you could get for him in a trade are two very different things. Mitch Clark is worth a top 10 draft pick this year. Brisbane are going to struggle to get pick 16. If Beams requests a trade Collingwood may have to take the best offer which will not be pick 4 because pick 4 or O'Meara will be better than Beams.

Brisbane wouldn't trade either for anything outside the top 10 picks. I would've thought Crows would offer pick 10 for Redden this year.

Dylan 12 is right you are dreaming you think beams is worth pick 4. Redden and Rockliff are better than beams by a fair bit IMO

Need to remember Cotter pick 4 this year is like pick 12 in a normal draft, it's been compromised, and i disagree with Redden and Rock being better than Beams, Beams last 6 HaA games were elite, 28 disposals at 1.5 goals, probably the best numbers in the comp during that period, elite footskills either side, tough and a gut runner, still has 10 years ahead of him, what's not to like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back