Senior Dayne Zorko (2011-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tag Rocky, he gets 30-40 touches anyway and Hanley runs riot along with Zorko. Hanley and Zorks had what 3.5 or something between them? You cant stop all these guys, and Zorko has a knack for being in the right spot up forward for a quick snap, when he isnt zig zagging his way through the middle himself.

It is so exciting when Tinka hits the contest with pace and comes out the other end with the footy sprinting up the guts towards the big sticks. I have noticed Zorks is a crowd favourite with the kids:thumbsu:

Thought I'd read somewhere that early on his application wasn't as good as it could be. Then the penny dropped. Could be wrong. Either way it's history now, so glad we have him.
That was definitely the case during his teen years. However, he wasn't drafted until he was 22 (almost 23). He improved his application around the age of 20 and dominated the local Queensland comp for far to long without getting drafted. It is all a moot point now anyway. The Lions have him and he is a gun.

I was talking to a couple of despondent Suns supporters the other evening and they were adamant Zorks would be in their best 22 no matter what Bluey says to save face.

I was talking to a couple of despondent Suns supporters the other evening and they were adamant Zorks would be in their best 22 no matter what Bluey says to save face.

Yeah, McKenna can't hide behind that claim anymore. It is patently ridiculous.

On output he is streets ahead of Matera.

Next to Ablett he would be their most damaging player.

Harley Bennell goes alright. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick a Bewick on him and see how he goes.
1948-Buick-Streamliner-by-Norman-E.-Timbs-5.jpg

A thing of beauty that is.

Rockliff named Captain

Tom Rockliff has been named as the new Captain of the Brisbane Lions Football Club.

Rockliff, 24, was announced as Captain today by Senior Coach Justin Leppitsch, after a selection process involving players, coaches, physical performance staff and the Club executive.

His elevation to the captaincy was ratified by the Club’s Board last night and the playing group were informed this morning.

Daniel Rich, Pearce Hanley and Dayne Zorko were also named as Vice-Captains.

Daniel Rich, Dayne Zorko not getting caught up in pre-season hype

"We’ve really gone forward as a club in the last six to 12 months both on and off the field but it’s up to us now to put our best foot forward when it really counts,’’ Zorko said.

“The perception outside the club is that something is coming with the Brisbane Lions and hopefully we can deliver.

“We’ve got eight weeks until Round 1 so we’ve still got plenty of work to do. The boys are certainly looking forward to the intra-club matches and the NAB Cup after a big pre-season."

Zorko goes berko: Lion slams teammates

"Blokes who aren't prepared to play their role for the team," Zorko said.

"Boys not bringing their pressure around the contest. There was a number of things there we set ourselves to win on the night, and we didn't even win one.

"It's extremely disappointing that we can't follow simple instructions and do what the coaches require."

"A lot of guys are in the side to pressure – blokes aren't prepared to pressure," Zorko said.

"Blokes are in the side to win contested ball, they're not winning contested ball.

"It's a whole-team effort, it's a team game, and at the moment we're not buying into it and we're not playing as a family that we pride ourselves on.

"We've got a very mature midfield now that should be able to go with any midfield in the competition.

"We've got a lot of depth in there and last night we got beaten at the contest, beaten at contested football, second to the football, weren't prepared to lay tackles, no pressure.

"If it's not won in the midfield – and that's where we pride ourselves on being good – you're not going to win any games."

"It's pretty simple to win the ball and we're not even doing that," Zorko said.

"Once we get the fundamentals right and start winning the ball, hopefully we'll get some results."

"I'm sick of losing and I'm sure they (teammates) are too."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back