Scandal Dayne Zorko - Instagram

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate terms like SJW and MRA. I think we can work out whether we agree with people or not without those dismissive labels.

Those labels are intended to catch people who don't actually deserve denigration. They are just general slurs.

True dat. You have to wonder where they come from don't you? They certainly don't originate from the common man for sure.

She is not entirely wrong ...

- if your wife would be upset at you watching them and you are hiding it from her ...
- studies have shown that the more you watch pr0n the less you find your normal partner interesting
- if you are spending emotional / sexual energy on others instead of her
- I could mention addictive behaviours but since we are on a footy forum during the off season maybe I will leave that one alone ;)

Now if she means adultery then no it is not ... but neither is having a coffee with another woman and sharing things with her instead of with your wife ... physical cheating tends to be preceded by cheating emotionally or mentally...

My wife must watch a hell of a lot of pr0n, then

tenor.gif

*grins*

{slightly off topic warning}

Correlation <> Causation

I remember having a conversation with someone who was telling me how badly he was treated because of his beliefs, how other's hated him for his uprightness etc etc etc. I asked him to take out a piece of paper and write down in three columns

- the ways that the jealous unbelievers would treat the innocent persecuted believer
- the ways that normal eaters would treat an evangelistic hardcore vegan
- the ways that people treat someone who was an obnoxious pain in the arse who dragged all of his troubles around with him etc

When he had finished I asked him to give me something that would objectively determine in each case whether he was being unjustly treated or getting just what he deserved.

He did try very hard to find something ...

*grins*

{slightly off topic warning}

Correlation <> Causation

I remember having a conversation with someone who was telling me how badly he was treated because of his beliefs, how other's hated him for his uprightness etc etc etc. I asked him to take out a piece of paper and write down in three columns

- the ways that the jealous unbelievers would treat the innocent persecuted believer
- the ways that normal eaters would treat an evangelistic hardcore vegan
- the ways that people treat someone who was an obnoxious pain in the arse who dragged all of his troubles around with him etc

When he had finished I asked him to give me something that would objectively determine in each case whether he was being unjustly treated or getting just what he deserved.

He did try very hard to find something ...

I often hit my mates up with surveys, questionnaires and special written tasks. It's just an all round awesome bonding experience.

Of course domestic violence in all its forms is abhorrent and should not be dismissed.

But can you point out where in the legislation domestic violence is defined as “Using a carrier service to broadcast just claims of your spouse’s infidelity” ?
Yes. The legislation states that any action that causes one to fear for their safety or well being. Read the legislation, it's written in easy to understand terms (not being a smart ar$3 with that comment), it's a mind boggling piece of legislation. For example: If a woman goes out regularly & drinks, leaving her husband at home to look after the kids etc. etc. the husband is said to be committing domestic violence under the legislation if he repeatedly criticises her parenting Personally, I generally lean towards the left. Radical Left & Radical Right policy, both imo are dangerous to all of our well being.
Finding a Magistrate who will apply the legislation with the same type of sympathy to a male as they might a female would be very difficult imo.

Yes. The legislation states that any action that causes one to fear for their safety or well being. Read the legislation, it's written in easy to understand terms (not being a smart ar$3 with that comment), it's a mind boggling piece of legislation. For example: If a woman goes out regularly & drinks, leaving her husband at home to look after the kids etc. etc. the husband is said to be committing domestic violence under the legislation if he repeatedly criticises her parenting Personally, I generally lean towards the left. Radical Left & Radical Right policy, both imo are dangerous to all of our well being.
Finding a Magistrate who will apply the legislation with the same type of sympathy to a male as they might a female would be very difficult imo.
Shiart not this guy again

Yes. The legislation states that any action that causes one to fear for their safety or well being.

Fair enough. But how does exposing infidelity make somebody fear for their safety / well being? (Provides the claim is true of course)

That’d be a tough argument to make?

Read the legislation, it's written in easy to understand terms (not being a smart ar$3 with that comment), it's a mind boggling piece of legislation. For example: If a woman goes out regularly & drinks, leaving her husband at home to look after the kids etc. etc. the husband is said to be committing domestic violence under the legislation if he repeatedly criticises her parenting

In your example, it probably comes down to how you define “criticise” and how it is linked to being fearful of safety and well-being (including towards that of the children)

It’s probably possible to add different detail to your example to dramatically favour one or other of the parties.

Radical Left & Radical Right policy, both imo are dangerous to all of our well being.

Agree

Personally, I generally lean towards the left

Personally, I see that society is a dynamic thing. It evolves in cycles, that evolution being powered by a pendulum swinging from left to right in a rhythmic way. (taking care not to swing too wildly)

That rhythm is powered either by ...

... new voters coming of age, and old voters dying (and the general inclination of voters to transition from left to right as they age) ...

... or by those of us in the centre pulling it back and forth.

I suspect that’s changing given the modern attitudes towards mental health.

Picking up on your original example about being “repeatedly critical” ... the specific case of a female being repeatedly critical of a male is such a thing that society created a word for it: “nagging”.

Fair enough. But how does exposing infidelity make somebody fear for their safety / well being? (Provides the claim is true of course)

That’d be a tough argument to make?

In your example, it probably comes down to how you define “criticise” and how it is linked to being fearful of safety and well-being (including towards that of the children)

It’s probably possible to add different detail to your example to dramatically favour one or other of the parties.

Agree

Personally, I see that society is a dynamic thing. It evolves in cycles, that evolution being powered by a pendulum swinging from left to right in a rhythmic way. (taking care not to swing too wildly)

That rhythm is powered either by ...

... new voters coming of age, and old voters dying (and the general inclination of voters to transition from left to right as they age) ...

... or by those of us in the centre pulling it back and forth.

I suspect that’s changing given the modern attitudes towards mental health.

Picking up on your original example about being “repeatedly critical” ... the specific case of a female being repeatedly critical of a male is such a thing that society created a word for it: “nagging”.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.
You may be surprised what goes on in Magistrates Courts. It has been accepted that Magistrates in the Magistrates Court can relax the rules of evidence (law) for example. Most people connect this with closing loopholes which see guilty people walk, which is a desirable thing. However, this accepted relaxation is imo giving rise to Kangaroo Courts where it is accepted the rule of law can be ignored/changed depending on the attitude/agenda/whim of the individual Magistrate. If a law is unjust, change the law. Any disregarding of the rule of law imo is most undesirable. Imo it's the thin edge of a wedge.

PS: Truth is a defence for slander/libel. In relation to domestic violence, legislatively, truth is not a defence for damaging someones well being or causing them fear of physical harm. Then again, imo it depends on the individual Magistrate. In relation to DV, my concern for equal application of law is based solely on the effects any inequality has on children.

Pps: Men can run foul of the law for nagging. It's crazy stuff imo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may be surprised what goes on in Magistrates Courts. It has been accepted that Magistrates in the Magistrates Court can relax the rules of evidence (law) for example. Most people connect this with closing loopholes which see guilty people walk, which is a desirable thing. However, this accepted relaxation is imo giving rise to Kangaroo Courts where it is accepted the rule of law can be ignored/changed depending on the attitude/agenda/whim of the individual Magistrate. If a law is unjust, change the law. Any disregarding of the rule of law imo is most undesirable. Imo it's the thin edge of a wedge.

PS: Truth is a defence for slander/libel. In relation to domestic violence, legislatively, truth is not a defence for damaging someones well being or causing them fear of physical harm. Then again, imo it depends on the individual Magistrate. In relation to DV, my concern for equal application of law is based solely on the effects any inequality has on children.

It would help if you provided some actual examples, eg the relaxing the rules of evidence (I think you have possibly confused judicial discretion here). Also this example of 'the law of nagging', it would help if you presented a real life example. And not an anecdote, something reported. Otherwise you just look like you are making stuff up.

You may be surprised what goes on in Magistrates Courts. It has been accepted that Magistrates in the Magistrates Court can relax the rules of evidence (law) for example. Most people connect this with closing loopholes which see guilty people walk, which is a desirable thing.

That implies that there is a definition of “guilty” other than “non-compliant with the law” which indeed is a very slippery slope (I agree with you) but the lynch mobs led by folks like Deryn Hinch no doubt have a different opinion about that.

However, this accepted relaxation is imo giving rise to Kangaroo Courts where it is accepted the rule of law can be ignored/changed depending on the attitude/agenda/whim of the individual Magistrate. If a law is unjust, change the law. Any disregarding of the rule of law imo is most undesirable. Imo it's the thin edge of a wedge.

Totally! It undermines the system of democracy and the operation of the Tripartate.

Seems reasonable.

Sure, just as women can fall foul of the law for physical assault in DV.

Seems about right. Probably the biggest flog in the AFL, trying to de-throne Milney of biggest flog in recent times. At least Milney was entertaining

That implies that there is a definition of “guilty” other than “non-compliant with the law” which indeed is a very slippery slope (I agree with you) but the lynch mobs led by folks like Deryn Hinch no doubt have a different opinion about that.
I'm not sure of Derryn Hinch's viewpoint. I stopped listening to anything that came out of his mouth years ago. The only good lynch mob are the guys who had a group dedicated to honouring Alistair Lynch named The Lynch Mob; legendary guys.

Sure, just as women can fall foul of the law for physical assault in DV.
Well yeah nah, it doesn't fit the narrative. There is no Govt funded industry, of which I know, who provide advocacy &
"meat & potato services" for male parents who are targets of DV. This means if the primary parent is male, the children miss out on having their primary parent protected. FACT Police sometimes give the advice to ignore & avoid the female perpetrator; "try not to poke the Bear" it has been said before. I believe this practice is widespread & for reasons not made public. When pressed to enforce DV laws against a woman, sometimes Police have said "it's not in the public interest" & directed male DV complainants to leave the station. Imo, if Police want a guaranteed result, they take the path of least resistance & they concentrate on targeting male perpetrators. Why? There are more men than women committing these offences, there is a Billion Dollar Industry set up to cater to this specific circumstance.
The Queensland Premier was given $100 Million by Turnbull to spend on DV services. The Premier allocated not 1cent of this money to Men/Men & their children. When challenged by a reporter with the evidence that Men are also the targets of DV by women, the Premier thanked her & said she would now "change her language" pfffft.
We've wandered on to this topic because if Zorko's ex really wanted to get revenge, she could imo easily obtain DV orders against him. She would just have to walk into a Police Station & say "My partner cheated on me, I kicked him out, he's hassling me now about seeing my son, he called me a bitch, he gets angry & I am scared of him. I'm also scared he's going to just pick up my son from daycare, can you please make sure he also can't go within 300m of the daycare centre?" Imo, the coppers will routinely grant their wishes (regardless of evidence) & make an application to the Court dragging the kids into it. Many Magistrates (to their credit) have wised up to this tactic & it being used for collateral purpose ie: to gain an edge in the Family Court, & are knocking back, not all but many, such vexatious requests.
I hope the Zorko's can work their problems out "in house" or with mediation for the benefit of the boy.

Last edited:
It would help if you provided some actual examples, eg the relaxing the rules of evidence (I think you have possibly confused judicial discretion here). Also this example of 'the law of nagging', it would help if you presented a real life example. And not an anecdote, something reported. Otherwise you just look like you are making stuff up.

I don't know about other states but in a previous job I used to ha've to attend magistrates courts to defend decisions. I've had two current magistrates tick me off for quoting legislation used to make decisions. Both said "I don't care what the law says. This is my court and I'll decide what the law is.

Some magistrates in my experience followed the law and some simply didn't

I don't know about other states but in a previous job I used to ha've to attend magistrates courts to defend decisions. I've had two current magistrates tick me off for quoting legislation used to make decisions. Both said "I don't care what the law says. This is my court and I'll decide what the law is.

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is scary stuff, this is real & this happens.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of Derryn Hinch's viewpoint. I stopped listening to anything that came out of his mouth years ago.

Yeah, me too (Hinch is part of the Victorian establishment and I left Vic a long time ago). In Hinch’s shock jock days he got hauled up for contempt of court for acts of vigilantism on radio. IIRC he might have even done jail time for it.

The only good lynch mob are the guys who had a group dedicated to honouring Alistair Lynch named The Lynch Mob; legendary guys.

Ah yes, he was a very good Fitzroy player :)

Well yeah nah, it doesn't fit the narrative. There is no Govt funded industry, of which I know, who provide advocacy &
"meat & potato services" for male parents who are targets of DV. This means if the primary parent is male, the children miss out on having their primary parent protected. FACT Police sometimes give the advice to ignore & avoid the female perpetrator; "try not to poke the Bear" it has been said before. I believe this practice is widespread & for reasons not made public. When pressed to enforce DV laws against a woman, sometimes Police have said "it's not in the public interest" & directed male DV complainants to leave the station. Imo, if Police want a guaranteed result, they take the path of least resistance & they concentrate on targeting male perpetrators.

Ah, the failure of the Tripartite again - this time with the police manipulating the law!

I reckon (as somebody not involved in politics / legal / police) that it would be possible for a male of reasonable means and understanding of how the world works to get the DV instruments of the law to work as they should.

And as an aside I’d reckon it’d be much easier to get the police to follow the law verbatim compared with the magistrates, but that’s probably stating the obvious.

Why? There are more men than women committing these offences, there is a Billion Dollar Industry set up to cater to this specific circumstance.

Absolutely!

The Queensland Premier was given $100 Million by Turnbull to spend on DV services. The Premier allocated not 1cent of this money to Men/Men & their children. When challenged by a reporter with the evidence that Men are also the targets of DV by women, the Premier thanked her & said she would now "change her language" pfffft.

The wheel turns slowly but it does turn.

I remember only 30 years ago some women were complaining about the custom of having ‘trade calendars’ up around the workplace. A lot of folks wondered what all the fuss was about and labelled the complainers as “femo-nazis”. Today we live in a very very different world.

Who knows, maybe in 30 years time we look back on Palaszczuk as being a conservative backward country bumpkin in much the same way as we look back on Joh today?

We've wandered on to this topic because if Zorko's ex really wanted to get revenge, she could imo easily obtain DV orders against him. She would just have to walk into a Police Station & say "My partner cheated on me, I kicked him out, he's hassling me now about seeing my son, he called me a bitch, he gets angry & I am scared of him. I'm also scared he's going to just pick up my son from daycare, can you please make sure he also can't go within 300m of the daycare centre?"

That’s probably the rational thing to do, but unfortunately family court matters are probably not typically rational.

Out of interest, have you come across many ‘McKenzie Friend’ services? I know somebody here in NSW who is trying to set something like that up.

I hope the Zorko's can work their problems out "in house" or with mediation for the benefit of the boy.

Agree ...

... and also for themselves. Parents can sometimes (often?) fight each other in the name of doing what is best for the child ... but really neglect themselves in that process. That makes things even worse for the child.

What can/does an appeal judge do if they find a magistrate has taken the approach of “This is my court and I'll decide what the law is”?

Is there any recourse?

What can/does an appeal judge do if they find a magistrate has taken the approach of “This is my court and I'll decide what the law is”?

Is there any recourse?

Yes, any decision can be appealed and higher courts in my experience are far more strict about making decisions based on law.

Some magistrates react poorly to having their decisions questioned.

District Court and Supreme Courts really do follow the letter and spirit of the law much better than lower courts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back