Rumour Dayne Zorko & Touk Miller: is there more to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

AP24

Debutant
Feb 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Have heard a couple of references to the Zorko/Miller feud initially stemming from an off-field incident where "Zorko was the agitator after the siren went, but Zorko was the victim in the backstory".

Can anyone shed any light on the "backstory"?

Have heard a couple of references to the Zorko/Miller feud initially stemming from an off-field incident where "Zorko was the agitator after the siren went, but Zorko was the victim in the backstory".

Can anyone shed any light on the "backstory"?

He didn't shake hands last game when Lions lost.

He didn't shake hands last game when Lions lost.

I'll expand: the "backstory" I'm referring to is apparently "not to be aired in public" and they had felt they had gone "too far" in even bringing up the backstory itself.

I'll expand: the "backstory" I'm referring to is apparently "not to be aired in public" and they had felt they had gone "too far" in even bringing up the backstory itself.

Is the rumour that their is a backstory? I doubt there is.

I was at the first game this year.
Miller was scragging, holding, and cheap body shots and jabs the whole game. Umpires had no control or were Blind Freddy. He got under his skin and won the medal as he totally negated his influence. Zorko still should have shaken his hand.

I was at last weeks game. Umpires were more in control. A few spot fires but they saw it, dealt with it and gave free kicks - although Witts wrestling in the ruck wasn't thought of as I imagine they were perusing more stuff off the ball. Miller shouldn't have shaken his hand. Ideally someone from the Lions should have run through him (like Mitch Robbo) early to let him know it's not on.

Last edited:
Backstory or no backstory it would appear that Zorko is a just a good old fashioned plonker. I’d cringe if my captain ever conducted himself the way Zorko has at the end of the last two games v GC.
Agreed - and as a West Coast supporter and certainly not usually a fan of anything Collingwood I would struggle to think of any Collingwood Captain who would ever lower his colours as such - a bit like your current Coach and previous Captain, all class !!!

Agreed - and as a West Coast supporter and certainly not usually a fan of anything Collingwood I would struggle to think of any Collingwood Captain who would ever lower his colours as such - a bit like your current Coach and previous Captain, all class !!!

Bucks all class? Not always. Remember the norm smith he ripped off in disgust? Disrespectful imho. Not classy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks all class? Not always. Remember the norm smith he ripped off in disgust? Disrespectful imho. Not classy
I interpreted that moment completely differently. IMO Buckley felt embarrassed to be singled out for his efforts one iota more than his 21 teammates who'd played out of their skins in an epic battle. Something along the lines of "I'm hurting just as much as you blokes and I didn't come here to win this medal, I came to lift up that cup and I failed".

You don't remember when Bucks wiped his blood on an oppo player? I'd rather someone scream abuse or give me a few jabs to the ribs any day.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-on-blood-charge-20020714-gdue4l.html

I interpreted that moment completely differently. IMO Buckley felt embarrassed to be singled out for his efforts one iota more than his 21 teammates who'd played out of their skins in an epic battle. Something along the lines of "I'm hurting just as much as you blokes and I didn't come here to win this medal, I came to lift up that cup and I failed".
Hit the nail on the head mate. He’s been quoted countless times saying that he appreciated the gesture but refused to be the only player on his team wearing a medal at the end of the day. The idea that he ripped it off from around his neck in disgust is laughable.

Didn't Judd take his off too? Yet never hear anything about him.

Miller is ripper of of a person. Does a lot of good stuff for the club.

Actually saw him empty the woolies fridge of magnum ice creams for a kids day recently.

Can only assume Zorko is an absolute ****head for Miller to have such a rivalry with.

Miller is ripper of of a person. Does a lot of good stuff for the club.

Actually saw him empty the woolies fridge of magnum ice creams for a kids day recently.

Can only assume Zorko is an absolute ****head for Miller to have such a rivalry with.

1) Zorko gets tagged weekly and only seems to have a genuine beef with Miller so perhaps it's not as clear as it seems

2) ******* lol at "he must be a fair sporting player because he does some good work off the club". Do you reckon Zorko doesn't? Do you reckon he got named vice and then captain for no reason?

For me it's always been the most likely way to get GC and GWS bedded in, get a fierce rivalry going with the cross town rival.
Mmmm
It happens narlturally or not at all I think. We had Sheedy using a bit a showmanship to talk up the rivalry in the early years. We also had Roos spewing petty hate that left a bitter taste. I think trying manufacture rivalries is self defeating.

The QF in 2016 did work, and the QLD sides will work when they play off in finals.

Mmmm
It happens narlturally or not at all I think. We had Sheedy using a bit a showmanship to talk up the rivalry in the early years. We also had Roos spewing petty hate that left a bitter taste. I think trying manufacture rivalries is self defeating.

The QF in 2016 did work, and the QLD sides will work when they play off in finals.

I never mentioned anything about manufacturing rivalries, these two are already happening now, naturally. It's probably the easiest and cheapest way to spread the word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back