PS4 Days Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

So I encountered that breaker last night. I tried sneaking around but unfortunately he came running at me after about 10 seconds so it is a fully scripted moment after all. I have the talent to kill when grappled by breakers and bears but I panicked and missed the cue. Pretty heart in mouth encounter though, hope I don't face too many more of them!

As repetitive as the gameplay loop is getting I'm actually starting to take an interest in the different stories.

I'm actually really enjoying this at the moment. Hop and the bike and cruise around looking for fuel, nests and parts. Ran into a random encounter near a fuel station where two guys were fighting over a chick. She just she opened the servo door, which had a nest tucked inside, and the blokes got attacked whilst she ran away.

Haven't really invested too much into the story yet though. Was bloody frustrated trying to clear a NERO lab with a horde right outside and not realising why every time i'd activate the generator, they'd be all over me by the time i could open the door. Took me about 9 deaths to figure out how to stop it

Didn't realise i had to go and cut all the megaphones before activating the generator. every time i'd switch it on, they'd be all over me in a second

That's not great and I have read other people have had some trouble with the game but in my 30+ hours I've had no problems besides some occasional slow down.
Seems to be very mixed when it come to the errors in the game.

I am nearly finished the game. Never had so many crashes in any other PS4 game to date. I died and respawned in a hoard which was fun trying to get out of that loop - had to load a new save. With the quality games coming out of Sony this generation it's alittle embarrassing.

I think I need to reset mine. I haven't done so since the last patch and it's starting to bog down hard. Corpses I have killed and cars I've opened that I couldn't loot because I was full are still littering the world lol. Does feel a bit more authentic though because I'm having to find new places to scavenge but it's chugging the memory hard.

After playing Sekiro, this is the easiest game in the world.

The auto-save/checkpoints really give me the sh**s. Was on a mission, picked up some girl from a home, killed a bear blocking my bike, drove her to the other side of the map, had a fight in a tunnel, paused and saved it just before i got there. Next time i open the game, I'm all the way back at her house again. What's the point of a quick save/auto save if it doesn't actually save your spot?

The auto-save/checkpoints really give me the sh**s. Was on a mission, picked up some girl from a home, killed a bear blocking my bike, drove her to the other side of the map, had a fight in a tunnel, paused and saved it just before i got there. Next time i open the game, I'm all the way back at her house again. What's the point of a quick save/auto save if it doesn't actually save your spot?

If the mission wasn't complete then it probably put you back to a checkpoint that overrides your own save point. I've never saved and reloaded during a mission but quick save and manual save have put me back to the exact same spot 100% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the mission wasn't complete then it probably put you back to a checkpoint that overrides your own save point. I've never saved and reloaded during a mission but quick save and manual save have put me back to the exact same spot 100% of the time.

Probably the case :( Maybe they just need more checkpoints during missions. 20 minutes minimum of gameplay with a few key events between checkpoints is just annoying. But otherwise, loving the game. Am quite invested in the story so far

Probably the case :( Maybe they just need more checkpoints during missions. 20 minutes minimum of gameplay with a few key events between checkpoints is just annoying. But otherwise, loving the game. Am quite invested in the story so far

I think I know the mission you are talking about which goes on for a bit. By that point when driving the girl back I wasn't even sure if I was still on the mission and wondered if those bandits in the tunnel were scripted as I could have taken a different route back to Tucker's. There have been a few where I tell myself I'll do just one more mission before jumping off and it turns out it is a million steps long. Most of them aren't as long, some are nothing more than arriving at a location. It's a little inconsistent.

yep know the mission

Went for a cruise around to do some exploring. Ran out of fuel next to an abandoned shed. Ran inside the shed to see if there was any fuel, and there was a horde (about 40-50) of them standing right behind us. Spent the next 10 minutes running and slashing at them, slowly wiping them out and trying to get away. Just as i cut the numbers down and almost made a break for it, a wolf jumped and killed me. What an emotional rollercoaster

a couple, but its not really a reoccurring thing
Are they scripted ones that can't be avoided or is it more like just general exploration I open a hut and boom there's a zombie?

the couple that stick out in memory were both scripted, one was avoidable. the first one is where you are forced to proceed through a tunnel in one of the first missions, you walk past a door and it smashes open and a freaker grabs you. second one that stuck out was at a "camp" i was sneaking in through a side exit through a tight walkway with some dead freakers strung up, one is not dead and grabs you.

honestly im not into jump scares at all. there are some but 99% of the game is fine. generally its much more action/stealth than horror

Remove this Banner Ad

Back