PS4 Days Gone

Wolves are more jump scares if anything. The zombies are loud and make noise so you know when they are coming. Wolves can just jump from nowhere

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Are they scripted ones that can't be avoided or is it more like just general exploration I open a hut and boom there's a zombie?

It's the least scary zombie game ever. Once you realise how brainless they are you won't even care. But the hordes are great fun. It's more intense than scary.

I
The soundtrack at night can be unsettling but that's all it is.
I can handle that. Just bullshit jump scares I can't do.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I found the begining going though the tunnels and stuff, but after that its been pretty ok,

In the tutorial going through the tunnels with a torch I was thinking "please don't be one of these games!" But it was all fine in the end. I even managed the power plant later on fine, so can vouch this game is fine for whimps.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
In the tutorial going through the tunnels with a torch I was thinking "please don't be one of these games!" But it was all fine in the end. I even managed the power plant later on fine, so can vouch this game game is fine for whimps.
lol yeah its amazing how use to it all you get though still kind freak out when all the sudddern you got 20 + swarming you

Really loving this game the more you play the more it grows on you def get if you havnt esp once the price goes down and all the patches are in

Yeah I'm having a heap of fun in it. Just riding around, looking for ambushes and infestations. Not really too far into the story at the moment; just had contact with that O'Brian agent guy

There was article saying how the game is selling well despite the average reviews

Just shows these so called "expert" reviewers is ign etc don't know jack.

Most of those reviews seem to be based on how much money the dev has pumped into their company half the time

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Reviews have become too subjective and are graded on the reviewers opinion, not the game's merit. I generally just skim through them just to find things like length, features, polish and difficulty. I don't think IGN and stuff are as bad as the majority of the independent reviewers on YouTube with click bait titles, if you get good at filtering the fluff they're generally a little more informative. I like supporting Press Start at the moment mostly because they're local, but their reviews tend to talk about the game rather than the reviewers thoughts and are mostly objective.

The biggest issue with game reviews IMO is most don't actually appear to finish the game. They play the first few hours then jump straight onto the keyboard. For a game like this where apparently the beginning is quite s**t but becomes quite good after its never going to review well.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The biggest issue with game reviews IMO is most don't actually appear to finish the game. They play the first few hours then jump straight onto the keyboard. For a game like this where apparently the beginning is quite **** but becomes quite good after its never going to review well.

Or they're never given enough time to completely explore the game in order to get their day one review out.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Been playing this on and off, never grabbed me super hard but was fun enough.

But starting to really struggle with it, super repetitive. And I get that fuel is one of the core mechanics of the game but **** me, that bike gets about 100 meters to the gallon lol. Was kinda fun at first, now I'm just finding it an impediment to exploring - should at least be able to upgrade it to a point where its not really an issue any more, I've got the first tank upgrade but still having to stop what I'm doing just to source fuel every 5 mins.

Also finding the voice acting really grating compared to similar games. Actually, its not too bad in cutscenes (just unremarkable) but the dynamic stuff in the world is terrible - just removing Deacon's mutterings to himself when he comes accross a nest or ambush camp would go a long way to fixing it. I know why its there but come on, doubt this is anyone's first video game, we know what we're supposed to do. And more often than not I find his responses to Copeland's radio speils tonally off coz they haven't bothered to record a few versions of it, ie. usually Deacon will yell a smartarse reply really loud like I'm cruizing along on the bike at top speed, but I'm actually crawling along or parked. Just missing that level of polish.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
upgrade the tank to level 2 - will make things a LOT easier. you will then just be able to pay for fuel at the hub before you head out. then once you have done a mission or two (depends how far you need to travel between them) cruise back to the hub, close off the missions, refill ammo, etc & repeat.

also there will always be fuel at a nero checkpoint - get them completed to unlock strategic fast travel points, there are a few petrol stations in the world & tow trucks also generally have a canister.

Back