PS4 Days Gone

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Picked this up on the PS store's monthly freebies. Genuinely enjoying it I have to say. The dialogue leaves a bit to be desired but the world is great to explore and the Nero checkpoints aren't ridiculously difficult to conquer - minus the train carriage one. Still haven't cleared that horde yet. I didn't realise you could destroy speakers before doing anything else at that one.

I love the random Tourette's when riding around.

man that game was SO buggy on release, like as bad if not worse than cyberpunk. i had to switch it off for a week waiting for some patches before starting again
Has Cyberpunk been fixed bug wise?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Picked this up on the PS store's monthly freebies. Genuinely enjoying it I have to say. The dialogue leaves a bit to be desired but the world is great to explore and the Nero checkpoints aren't ridiculously difficult to conquer - minus the train carriage one. Still haven't cleared that horde yet. I didn't realise you could destroy speakers before doing anything else at that one.

Picked it up as a freebie too. Found out about the speakers completely by accident at the first Nero checkpoint. If you walk near anything interactable a square or a circle bobs up and that's what happened. I'm enjoying it so far but I agree, the dialogue isn't the best. And Radio Free Oregon? Hmm...

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Picked it up as a freebie too. Found out about the speakers completely by accident at the first Nero checkpoint. If you walk near anything interactable a square or a circle bobs up and that's what happened. I'm enjoying it so far but I agree, the dialogue isn't the best. And Radio Free Oregon? Hmm...
I don't mind Copeland & Radio Free Oregon, it's Deacon who I'm impartial to tbh

Have played a few hours, has definitely become easier since I got level 2 at the second base to buy some proper automatic weapons. No issues smacking about the freakers in small groups but absolutely panic and s**t myself when I come across a horde.

Took out a bandit base by luck as well, was sneaking in and in the base is a horde nest, they chased me up the hill and I just led them to the bandits and sat back. Bastards.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Have played a few hours, has definitely become easier since I got level 2 at the second base to buy some proper automatic weapons. No issues smacking about the freakers in small groups but absolutely panic and sh*t myself when I come across a horde.

Took out a bandit base by luck as well, was sneaking in and in the base is a horde nest, they chased me up the hill and I just led them to the bandits and sat back. Bastards.
I'm level 31 and still haven't taken on a hoard. Not game enough for that s**t yet.

I've gotten to the south part of the map, and one thing about the story I find extremely annoying right now is...
the dynamic between Deacon and Sarah once they've been reunited. It's like Sarah couldn't give two shits that her husband survived over two years of the world ending. It's quite infuriating tbh.

I'm level 31 and still haven't taken on a hoard. Not game enough for that sh*t yet.

I've gotten to the south part of the map, and one thing about the story I find extremely annoying right now is...
the dynamic between Deacon and Sarah once they've been reunited. It's like Sarah couldn't give two shits that her husband survived over two years of the world ending. It's quite infuriating tbh.

I think I am level 9 and have beaten two and a half hordes. By hordes though I believe the first map has 40 if I read correctly and some would be smaller than others. But yes I'd avoid if possible as they are just too much precious to deal with, some of the bloody NERO chests are in caves and it shits me, although got lucky one night as I went into one and the horde wasn't in the cave so just took it and ran.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
A good place to wipe a horde is the electricity pylon near Sarah's 'grave' in that NERO camp. Make sure they chase you all the way to the ladder. By the time you're at the top the horde will be walking back away from the pylon through a narrow chokepoint. Pipe bombs and frag grenades work best. Molotovs don't seem to work at all from that height for some reason.

I'm level 31 and still haven't taken on a hoard. Not game enough for that sh*t yet.

Yeah that's what I noticed at first too, the story evolves though

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Would pixel late Sarah :tearsofjoy:

I really want that tommy gun but it's basically end game, fairly surprised that we're several years out from release and they didn't do any DLC to include some stupid weapons or skins etc.

Basically treating this game as a chill play through not really caring if I finish it or not.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I started this last week, thought it was okay. The R2 button wasn't working properly so I had to change control assignments so I could shoot with R1, which makes things more difficult.

Not sure if I'll stick with it as I've also purchased Battlefield V and Immortals recently. See how we go.

tenor.gif

Had to do a mission near the sawmill, did it and decided to take on the sawmill horde.

Not sure how far into the story I am but Boozer just got a knife for an arm and my next mission is to get him a dog.

First non-attempt I was at the Nero base and missed one of the speakers, the horde came. I didn't think they could enter the Nero building, was wrong.
Ended up finding a ledge they can't get me on, well they can if a thousand of them are all up the top and fall onto me. Took a few goes, had to do some runners to my bike to get ammo but I think I got them all. No completed horde message but reading that this being a mission later on it won't complete until that point.

Not sure how far into the story I am but Boozer just got a knife for an arm and my next mission is to get him a dog.
You're around the halfway mark IIRC.

Back